***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

^^^ Now I am even more excited to get in hand. Supposed to be here tomorrow so hopefully all goes smoothly.

Got mine today man - blown away by the quality and care put into the shoe and packaging. No joke, releases like this put nike/jb to shame. Will post pics later, time permitting.

The box that it comes in is mad slick. Strong build quality - I was expecting it to be light and flimsy but no.

And for $140ish... Man.
Yeah, makes you wonder why we get this for 140 shipped and a cardboard box for 225.

Last edited:

JJ has never charged me tax and they have 15 or 20% off on top of the price of $39, only shipping, so about the same I guess or a little less, but yeah if Villa dont have shipping charges right now, definitely a great price. 
I didnt notice the extra 15% off but in that case, you're right. Save a couple bucks on JJ vs. Villa. Good price either way, agreed!

Last edited:
Here at work and decided to check tracking for this weeks pickups and BOOM my Husky's came a day early! BUT no one was home to sign for them :frown:, now I have to decide if I want to go right after work to pick them up or wait 2.5 extra hours till I go to judo class to pick them up on the way (fedex place is about 20min from where I live). The sensible thing would be to do the latter but...

I don't know what's the gripe about the materials of the NEW shoes of this era. They don't use leather no more. Probably because it's heavier and retains water/sweat. More ventilation and less weight for the new athletes today. Makes sense to me, especially in football where receivers make their breaks and cuts while keeping full speed. Things don't stay the same in this world. Take it or leave it. Peace

Finally got my hands on the husky's and damn am I happy! Impressed with presentation and execution in relation to the theme. I was surprised at how "shaggy" the suede is but again perfect in terms of the theme. And that box was not what I expected, which was flimsy smoked plastic, instead it was very sturdy!
Definitely one of my favorite cops this year!

I don't know what's the gripe about the materials of the NEW shoes of this era. They don't use leather no more. Probably because it's heavier and retains water/sweat. More ventilation and less weight for the new athletes today. Makes sense to me, especially in football where receivers make their breaks and cuts while keeping full speed. Things don't stay the same in this world. Take it or leave it. Peace
Good thing you showed up to deliver this nugget of wisdom...

Sorry if this is a question that's been answered already, but are those END husky joints going to release on any other websites, specifically state side ?

I stated the same in my review above - it is a damn shame that a Nike/JB retro product with a stripped or non-present sockliner and no cushioning commands a premium while a well made shoe like the Blast languishes on clearance racks.

The only flaw with the Blast was the use of cheap, plastic 'leather' on the white parts.

Yea you said you had to break um in first and after each wear they continued to get more and more comfortable

The synthetic leather is great imo. Its not the irritating stiff nike kind i had on my flight 89's its the soft kind like on my 2000 fire red jordan v retros

excellent.

wish the box was better built. remind me of my freshman model making class...
I think the top could go on and off easier, but thats the only issue I had with the box. Hard to be bothered by the box when all my other shoes come in cardboard boxes, and the price on these was so reasonable. YMMV.

I see you switched to the pink laces, think I'm gonna stay blue.

^^^THIS. I didn't lace swap mine yet but those are the laces I was planning to use and from your pictures it looks like I am going to love it like that! It was nice surprise as well with the liner and tongue because I expected it to be suede from my views of the pics.
You didn't like the box though? I guess my expectation was so low for the box, expecting it to just be flimsy plastic that would bow from just having a magazine lay on it, that I was actually pretty impressed. Now I don't plan to stack any shoeboxes on top or anything but still, I thought it was great execution!

Great on feet photos btw!

^^^THIS. I didn't lace swap mine yet but those are the laces I was planning to use and from your pictures it looks like I am going to love it like that! It was nice surprise as well with the liner and tongue because I expected it to be suede from my views of the pics.
You didn't like the box though? I guess my expectation was so low for the box, expecting it to just be flimsy plastic that would bow from just having a magazine lay on it, that I was actually pretty impressed. Now I don't plan to stack any shoeboxes on top or anything but still, I thought it was great execution!

Great on feet photos btw!

Thanks dude. Pink is the way to go, but I want some white ones. Have to pull them from my hanons.
Don't get me wrong, I love the box. It's really awesome, just one of my corners wasn't welded right and seems fragile. I'm actually keeping it in the end box for now when I stack them.

I think the top could go on and off easier, but thats the only issue I had with the box. Hard to be bothered by the box when all my other shoes come in cardboard boxes, and the price on these was so reasonable. YMMV.

I see you switched to the pink laces, think I'm gonna stay blue.

Yea I'm being picky. Don't mind me. It's great. Any of the laces are a decent choice.

"...Yea I'm being picky. Don't mind me."
Hey man, if the only fault either 3 of us can find is on how well built the box is, then I say it was a great cop you know. hahaha
Im kinda surprised they didn't provide white laces, I mean they already did the other colors you know.

And I think I am going to do the same and keep it in the END box as well for stacking.

Back
Top Bottom