New York City Be True Nike Dunk High Set to Release Feb 9th (PIC)

I disagree with everyone here. I love the simplicity of this shoe. Now it would be much cooler if it were GR to me, but what do I know... Anyway, if someonereally likes this shoe and are willing to camp out for them, isn't that the whole point of collecting/buying shoes. Buy what you like. If they have 0resale value, who cares? Do you guys realize half of the shoes that are your grails were GR's that no one wanted years ago? If someone likes them enough tobuy them, then good for them. I know I'd buy them for $70.

green laces....
indifferent.gif

They could of at least made the midsole match the laces and tongue.
I just like the ones wit the white laces.
Why produce a wack shoe at all if all ur gonna do is make it in limited quantities so it can sell better?

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Those are SO WEAK. Nike is pathetic. Terrible execution of what could have been a dope concept. Plus, 2008 isn't the 25th anniversary of the Nike Dunk even though Nike seems to be making it.

I like the city exclusive idea, but they should have taken a page from '99-'00 and done a city attack series. Two dunks in each city and they would be the reverse of each other. White midsoles with no contrast stitching and only leather uppers. Each city would have logical colors for their sneakers (instead of PINE GREEN for NYC. What was Nike thinking?). So for example, New York would have blue/orange and orange/blue (for the Knicks/Mets), LA would have purple/yellow and yellow/purple, Chicago would have black/red and red/black and so on. I don't care if Nike would end up repeating a few previously released colorways. It would be worth it.

how original.. like nike, reebok and adidas havent tried that before
eyes.gif

green isnt bad.. true city slickers can pull these out on any given day, no need to co-ordinate with bright colors
and the subtlety is on point.. switch out the laces and you'll notice the accents more

lol. come on. it doesnt need to be crazy colors but do better please. you can make these at nike id

I must say this shoe takes me back a few years to when the Dunk colorways were simple & hot.

But the stupid limited approach goes to show just a limited tag won't make these sell.

if these were GR do you think many people would buy them? another all black shoe?
the accents are too subtle for the average consumer to come running out the gates for these

what r u gunna sell them for jaythelegend???
cus i dont think ur gona keep 'em.
and these are another betruetoyourcity dunk
there ok in my opinion(pic thanks to slamxhype)

Back
Top Bottom