NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Great pictures.

Finally a winning series. It's about time Mets players snapped out of their slump.

I wonder what will happen to Thor when Gee returns. I know Harvey will be ticked off if we go with a six man rotation. :lol:

Gee is superiorly inferior to Thor. Either Gee goes to the pen, we use him for a spot start every 2 weeks or he gets traded to the Dodgers. You do not, I repeat, do not, remove Thor from the rotation.

i've been leaning toward saying maybe we should trade murph. but the only thing i like about murph, he's a lefty. losing him kind've of makes us too righty heavy of a lineup.

To be honest, I think it's for the best if we trade Murphy for good pieces before his trade value drops. We might call up outfielder Darrell Ceciliani. He's a lefty. Few days ago, Collins stated he would like to rest Cuddyer more.

Last edited:
cecillani is just another captain kirk type though :lol: we do need a better bat off the bench, but really would like a consistent lefty/switch hitter at ss or 2b.

mayberry's been a waste.

Last edited:
I never like Mayberry, Jr at all. Wish we have a type of Damion Easley on our bench.

I think we will keep Murphy until end of season which I don't mind it at all.

What kind of lens is that. :pimp:

VR Nikon 55-200 lens Mez. Use it under Aperture setting and a 200 ISO with Direct sun as the lighting setting. use Adobe Lightroom and Flickr for just a quick sharpen and nothing else.

My 10 game pack is in 519 also. hahaha.

Last edited:
Mayberry JR sucked just enough to get us the win.......

Last edited:
For once, Mayberry was useful last night.

OF Darrell Ceciliani will be promoted from Triple-A Las Vegas and join the Mets for Tuesday’s game, the team announced after Monday’s game.

The team did not announce a corresponding roster move, though ESPN’s Adam Rubin speculates that Kirk Nieuwenhuis may soon be designated for assignment (May 18, 1:00 am).

The left-handed hitting Ceciliani, 24, was hitting .336 with five home runs and 17 RBI in 113 at-bats with Triple-A Las Vegas.

It's about time.

^intersteding.  kirk def needs to go down and get more at bats.  he looked crippled at the plate.

NEW YORK -- The New York Mets have signed Cuban catcher Lednier Ricardo, who was an international free agent.

Ricardo, 27, participated on the Cuban national team in 2012 and '13. He had been holding showcases for teams since last summer.

He played in the Cuban National Series with Camaguey and Cienfuegos from 2007 through '12. In 1,190 at-bats, he batted .256 with with 26 homers and 136 RBIs.

Speaking of Nimmo, he's been diagnosed with a sprained ACL yesterday. No surgery needed. He awkwardly stepped on first base to beat out his infield hit.

i mean I'm happy we signed a Cuban but man, i wish we signed the one's that are actually amazing prospects that fill glaring needs.

I know Cardinals are the best NL team, but allowing 9 or more runs two times in a row is unacceptable.

what really bothered me was bases loaded 1 out in a 1-0 game with cuddyer and murphy up and we get nothing. what are we paying these guys for? at this point i'd call up the rangers and see if they're desperate enough to take murphy. would love to gamble on profar even though he's gonna miss the whole year, or even odor and platoon him with herrera/tejada.

Exactly! Murphy pisses me off the mostly. He is supposed to be our best average hitter. I had a high expectation for him.

For Cuddyer, I wish Alderson went after Rasmus. $21 mill is too much for an aging outfielder who missed 120 games. I blame Wright for the Cuddyer signing.

Last edited:
i blame the wilpons. cuddyer is a good clubhouse guy but he's really only valuable when you're a team that's 1 player away. we're not 1 player away. wiliness probably told sandy spend x dollars max and cuddy was the best available at that price.

Right after the signing people were saying its one of the worst FA signing contracts in baseball. Now i def see why.

it's not that egregious. it's just 2 years 21 million. but he's most useful on a winning team when he's the sixth best hitter in the lineup.

Wright's days of playing everyday are over. Spinal stenosis only gets worse. Damn shame, great guy. Explains why he's been so lousy past few years. D'Arnaud and Plawecki need to learn third.

Back
Top Bottom