New York Yankees vs Minnesota Twins 5/30-6/2 Vol: David vs Goliath

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Won't be surprised if Joba gets bombed. If Hughes couldn't handle it, I doubt Joba could either.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I don't think so. Joba seems to be more prepared. He has faced good hitters and been in pressure situations. Plus he has better stuff. Phil doesn'thave Joba level of heat.
pimp.gif

The 8th inning situation is going to be a problem. I wouldn't mind them giving Edwar a try.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

The 8th inning situation is going to be a problem. I wouldn't mind them giving Edwar a try.

exactly, it seems like a good choice to start him, but you're bullpen goes from weak to minor league status
laugh.gif

he can get you to the mid innings, but then the bullpen has to hold up.

Shaking my mother ***!%*+ head.

And Farnsworth can go die now. Dude is worthless.

Farnsworth and Hawkins have to be two of the worst relievers in Yankee history.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

laugh.gif
it seems like every guy we sign blows it up.

I hate Farnsworth so much. Like what the *%+* why hasnt he been shot yet? somebody get on that

Originally Posted by nnarum

Have a nice flight home NY.
pimp.gif

Yall got lucky

But you only split at HOME so it's whatever.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Seriously... I can't wait for these guys in the minors to come along. I'd rather see the youngsters in there then these 2BUMS
Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Won't be surprised if Joba gets bombed. If Hughes couldn't handle it, I doubt Joba could either.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Edwar should MOST DEFINITELY should be in there in tight situations or 8th innings.

This %%+@ is embarrasing.

And Joba tomorrow against Halladay?
sick.gif

His fat @!+ needs to be put back in the pen.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Seriously... I can't wait for these guys in the minors to come along. I'd rather see the youngsters in there then these 2 BUMS

will they ever do that though? lil stein will just buy more old relievers...(cycle continues)
)

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

This %%+@ is embarrasing.

And Joba tomorrow against Halladay?
sick.gif

His fat @!+ needs to be put back in the pen.

Yankees arent winning $!$* this year. Yanks need to focus on making sure hughes/kennedy/joba can all start. They also need to get someone new in thebullpen. (funtes?)

On one good note.... Boston lost
So we remain 5.5 back in the Wild Card
Now 7 back in the division
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Seriously... I can't wait for these guys in the minors to come along. I'd rather see the youngsters in there then these 2 BUMS

will they ever do that though? lil stein will just buy more old relievers...(cycle continues)

If that was the case we'd have Santana right now instead of Hughes & Kennedy.
Yankees are definitely developing their young players in the MLB and minors.... and will continue to do so.
Of course they'll probably sign guys/trade for guys along the way, but that's not the overall goal.

good series though guys. all the games were entertaining...can't wait to come to new york for a game when the twins are out there.

On one good note.... Boston lost
So we remain 5.5 back in the Wild Card
Now 7 back in the division
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

If that was the case we'd have Santana right now instead of Hughes & Kennedy.

and wed be sooooo much better off

Originally Posted by JPZx

Have a nice flight home NY.
pimp.gif

Yall got lucky

But you only split at HOME so it's whatever.

Salty
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Yall really did get lucky though and it's the TRUTH.

3 for 16 with RISP??? Come on...
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

And a split at home is nothing special

Getting runs off Farnsworth is not getting lucky..he just sucks

Why do we continue to use Farnsworthless?! Everytime I see him come into a game, I just know we're going to lose. It's a fact.

So how many innings you think Joba will pitch tomorrow?

With the limited pitch count i say 4 2/3 innings 0 ER.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

So how many innings you think Joba will pitch tomorrow?

With the limited pitch count i say 4 2/3 innings 0 ER.

what's the pitch count for him?

[table][tr][td]EAST[/td] [td] W[/td] [td] L[/td] [td] PCT[/td] [td] GB[/td] [td] HOME[/td] [td] ROAD[/td] [td] RS[/td] [td] RA[/td] [td] STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]22[/td] [td].614[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]24-10[/td] [td]11-12[/td] [td]257[/td] [td]228[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]25[/td] [td].583[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]21-5[/td] [td]14-20[/td] [td]302[/td] [td]261[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]28[/td] [td].525[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]15-11[/td] [td]16-17[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY Yankees[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].491[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]14-12[/td] [td]14-17[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]263[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].482[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]17-11[/td] [td]10-18[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]248[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2008 American League - Wild Card Standings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]AMERICAN[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]25[/td] [td].583[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]21-5[/td] [td]14-20[/td] [td]302[/td] [td]261[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oakland[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]27[/td] [td].534[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]18-13[/td] [td]13-14[/td] [td]257[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]27[/td] [td].526[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]18-14[/td] [td]12-13[/td] [td]267[/td] [td]274[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]28[/td] [td].525[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]15-11[/td] [td]16-17[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]30[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]14-13[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]317[/td] [td]334[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY Yankees[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].491[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]14-12[/td] [td]14-17[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]263[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].482[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]17-11[/td] [td]10-18[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]248[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cleveland[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]31[/td] [td].456[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]16-16[/td] [td]10-15[/td] [td]239[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Detroit[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]33[/td] [td].421[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]12-14[/td] [td]12-19[/td] [td]270[/td] [td]287[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kansas City[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]34[/td] [td].404[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]11-18[/td] [td]207[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]37[/td] [td].362[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]14-17[/td] [td]7-20[/td] [td]233[/td] [td]294[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom