News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Pretty good read. Story of a boy with multiple sclerosis. Prays to God everyday wishing he could walk and be his favorite superhero Superior. The wish is granted but not by God.
It's amazing how a lot of the fight scenes in the book are so close to the MOS.

Mark Millar (creator and writer of Kick A**).
Mathew Vaughn (Director of Kick A** 1/Xmen first class) has the film rights for Superior. Can't wait to see this on film.

Damn, KickAss 2 is being slaughtered by the critics (31% at RT), the director change must have made a huge difference.

Dammit. It was supposed to be the savior of summer movies for me. Best one i've watched so far was Star Trek and that was way early in the summer.

I like Wrath of Kahn better. They just need to come up with original stories for the new Star Trek movies.

Last edited:
Damn, KickAss 2 is being slaughtered by the critics (31% at RT), the director change must have made a huge difference.

Dammit. It was supposed to be the savior of summer movies for me. Best one i've watched so far was Star Trek and that was way early in the summer.

I like Wrath of Kahn better. They just need to come up with original stories for the new Star Trek movies.

I watched Wrath of Khan after on netflix and understood why someone was mad in the Star Trek thread. They basically did a remake.

I watched Wrath of Khan after on netflix and understood why someone was mad in the Star Trek thread. They basically did a remake.

That was me. Like I said in that thread, I'm glad you like STID but now you see why that wasn't enjoyable for me.

Mark Millar Says The Fantastic Four Movie Will Take Place In X-Men Movie Universe

It was the biggest single question surrounding Mark Millar‘s appointment as Fox’s “Marvel Tsar”, I suppose, and he’s answered during a Q&A with SFX magazine and their readers.

One Joe Steiner asked:

Will the upcoming reboot of the Fantastic Four share a universe with the future X-Men films?

To which Millar replied:

[COLOR=#red]Without question I think you have to see some of these guys showing up in each other’s movies. I think the most exciting thing in superhero movies, until The Avengers came along, was when Nick Fury showed up in Iron Man. Even though it was a guy with an eye patch it was really cool – and I expect we will see more of that.[/COLOR]

This has some implications, I suppose for the X-Men universe, but there are a multitude of ways in which it might be handled. I’m more immediately interested in how much the Fantastic Four film will acknowledge the existence of mutants, or try to place itself in the X-world.

It’s remarkable how Marvel’s decision to press ahead and create a “Cinematic Universe” has had an effect on how superhero cinema is being approached these days. And it’s almost as remarkable that nobody has tried it with other genres yet.

I guess The Bourne Legacy and the latest Fast and the Furious film are based on similar models, but there’s far more potential to yet be tapped, I’m sure – both creatively and commercially. It looks like The Mortal Instruments will be the first to take a crack, with a prequel in the works, a gaslamp fantasy to sit alongside the present-day stories of City of Bones and its follow-ups.

Perhaps there’s been an assumption is that comic book fans were ready for this, having become used to it on the the printed page. That would suppose, though, that this idea is a hard one for an audience to grasp and I really don’t think it is.

:smokin

I can only hope this works out.

Right now I'm just seeing DoFP as a way to erase past continuity so they can start relativly fresh going in to the next 10 years. I've been guessing they find a way to bring Fassbender and McAvoy in to the present w/e way due to time travel and phase out Stewart and McKellen. Could even play with an alt reality and make that the new one they're following. That way they can bring in a proper Deadpool and even change some actors (Storm, Cyclops, etc.)

Last edited:
I really didn't find any of the actors did any of the characters justice in the two movies. Aint like he could reprise the role anyway.

Teaser pic from the Spider-Man set

That was me. Like I said in that thread, I'm glad you like STID but now you see why that wasn't enjoyable for me.

I completely agree. I was in the theater like... really?! smh. A real twist would have been to make Kahn an ally for this movie then 2-3 movies later make him go villain for some other reason then the one in the TOS or not USE KAHN AT ALL

Little help with this Sinister 6 stuff? :nerd:

It's a group of villains that Spidey goes against. It's usually led by Doc Ock.
That pics is just a tease, Sinister 6 won't be in this film. In the series, who knows.

Interestingly enough, in the comics Superior Spiderman (where Dock Ock is Spiderman), he is going to make the Sinister 6 to go against Masters of Evil.

its a shame - Chris Evans played the perfect johnny storm

Also liked the guy who played Ben grimm.. Also the dude who played doom

Just missed on reed and sue (even though the actor had the look).. And obviously choice of director

If they go the sinister six route that means that lizard comes back right? So how are they going to introduce green goblin? If they don't then how does Gwen die?? But since their isn't an MJ yet, will they even kill Gwen??

*head explodes*

If they go the sinister six route that means that lizard comes back right? So how are they going to introduce green goblin? If they don't then how does Gwen die?? But since their isn't an MJ yet, will they even kill Gwen??

*head explodes*
i think mj is suppose to be in the 3rd one

*head explodes*
Well wait for this movie first :lol: Probably introducing GG in this film a bit and the seeds for some sinister 6 members. Lizard doesn't have to be in it. Plenty other guys that can step in.

Highly doubt S6 are in this sequel. Dude is planning for ASM 4 and 5. I wouldn't be surprised if he's filming scenes for future sequels. He has plenty time to flesh out Gwen's death and MJ's introduction. They're probably not going to happen in the way you think.
Little help with this Sinister 6 stuff? :nerd:
Any of these 6 as a team for for the most part

Last edited:

Just missed on reed and sue (even though the actor had the look).. And obviously choice of director

Even Stan Lee said he aint like Doctor Doom. Said the actr was good but the character in the film was wack

Loced punisher War zone

TAS gets worse and worse with each viewing

I really hope they turn captain america into the beast he is in the comics

Even Stan Lee said he aint like Doctor Doom. Said the actr was good but the character in the film was wack

Loced punisher War zone

TAS gets worse and worse with each viewing

I really hope they turn captain america into the beast he is in the comics
whats TAS???

Back
Top Bottom