News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I don't think Parasite being the main villain would have worked since this is an origin film. The only villains that could really form him to what he is are Zod, Lex or Brainiac. If they started the film where he is already established himself as Superman, a la Burtons Batman, then it could work. But the way they started the film in Krypton and with Zor-El, etc... anyone outside of those 3 villains would work.

I really want to see how they're going pull off lex..

And really want to see darkseid or doomsday

People did ask why didn't capt and everyone didn't help Tony. Thread was crazy
I didnt see that thread but it is a valid question. This is a universe, and they help each other all the time in the comics. Only valid explanation is the events in The Dark World, Winter Soldier, and IM 3 are all happening at the same time.

:wow:

More hyped for this than anything else!

I LOVE the original (first two) movies. Even had the novel as a kid. Can't wait!!! :smokin

Nice to see my man Holder get a starring roll even if its Robocop.
Should change the name of the movie to CyborgCop :rolleyes :smh:
Robocop was always a cyborg though. The name was just something catchy they used.
I didnt see that thread but it is a valid question. This is a universe, and they help each other all the time in the comics. Only valid explanation is the events in The Dark World, Winter Soldier, and IM 3 are all happening at the same time.
Characters don't help each other all the time though. Usually in the most important situations.

This is a franchise I would rather they not revive. No such thing as creativity anymore :smh:
Never was really. Just things you haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
Leave the past in the past. He gets blown up and becomes robocop? :smh:
He gets blown up by OCP. Decent twist. Actually makes more sense then him getting blasted and randomly chosen to be Robocop. It looks like OCP thinks he's mentally weak yet a loyal cop so they chose him to be their puppet.

Think about it, how much sense does it make that the OG Murphy got picked after he had a run in with the gangster dad from that 70s show? :lol:

Maybe they could have set him up for an assassination?

Anyway, I like the theme of giving people the perception of free will. Loki touched on that in Avengers.

I liked the trailer. Bringing in the family element is a good move as well. Changing the origin story is a good move IMO. It seems like people complain about hollywood rebooting franchises but also complain about them making any changes to the source material. Do people expect them to make the same movie over again?

I guess it is? I vaguely remember it being rebuilt in the Bermuda Triangle but my latest recollection of it's location was in DC Universe Online and you had to be teleported to get in there so I though it was from a different world.

You play DCUO?! Ps3 or pc? We should link up man.. cr90 here lol

Nice to see my man Holder get a starring roll even if its Robocop.
Should change the name of the movie to CyborgCop :rolleyes :smh:
Robocop was always a cyborg though. The name was just something catchy they used.

I guess but in the remake he is more like a man in a suit and the original he was more of a robot because he had no idea he used to be a human.

He gets blown up by OCP. Decent twist. Actually makes more sense then him getting blasted and randomly chosen to be Robocop. It looks like OCP thinks he's mentally weak yet a loyal cop so they chose him to be their puppet.

Think about it, how much sense does it make that the OG Murphy got picked after he had a run in with the gangster dad from that 70s show? :lol:

Maybe they could have set him up for an assassination?

Anyway, I like the theme of giving people the perception of free will. Loki touched on that in Avengers.

I mean him getting brutally gunned down is the heart of the movie. I mean most of the time when Hollywood does a reboot I'm mostly optimistic especially with all the technological advancements we have now, but they're playing with true nostalgia now. Don't give me no ******g PG-13 robocop, and that's exactly what they're aiming for and just for that I'm already against it. I mean the original movie had to be toned down to be placed in theaters. That movie series (the first and the second, we don't discuss the third :rolleyes) was built off of raw violence. Haven't seen enough footage obviously of this reboot but it seems too soft

I could care less about the black suit, the missing glove on the right hand, or the fact he's more human... BUT if he doesn't have his hand spike, I'm not going to like this movie :lol:

Last edited:
I guess it is? I vaguely remember it being rebuilt in the Bermuda Triangle but my latest recollection of it's location was in DC Universe Online and you had to be teleported to get in there so I though it was from a different world.

You play DCUO?! Ps3 or pc? We should link up man.. cr90 here lol

PC. I've been on and off though since the playerbase fluctuates in numbers. Sometimes it's easy to get groups going while others takes hours and I just want to log in and play, can't be waiting hours waiting for a group.

Also waiting how they integrate it to the PS4 and if the PC players can move there with other PS3 players. That should triple if not quadruple PCs population.

Last edited:
Man, the original Robocop is one of my all-time favorites. So if anything, even if this movie sucks, i hope the release of this new one means a remastered version of the original on Blu-ray.

Last edited:
Man, I saw Robocop for the first time in years a couple weeks ago and I forgot how violent it was. I can't believe I was allowed to watch this like when I was 7. :rofl:

honestly thought that trailer was a fan made one at first..

Should have just stole various plot points from the first 2 movies that are still extremely relevant today:

- Keep the origin story to what it was.. Then have the issues of him regaining his memories (so the family stuff.. And also the key aspect of his partner)

- blatantly corrupt company and politicians.. Then you have the city going bankrupt and OCP stepping in

- then they can go with the demolition man route, where you have people committing crimes out of desperation/necessity.. So not all the criminals are really criminals and the saviors aren't that clean

Pretty much that's what I think is going on. Until the movies drop we won't know the time frame.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09...katee-sackhoff-in-one-of-their-phase-3-movies
Does Marvel Want Katee Sackhoff in One of Their Phase 3 Movies?
The BSG and Riddick star reveals studio's inquiring about her availability.
by Jim Vejvoda
September 6, 2013

Battlestar Galactica and Riddick star Katee Sackhoff says Marvel Studios has expressed interest in her for one of their upcoming movies.

When asked if Marvel had approached her about working with them, Sackhoff told the Schmoes Know Podcast, "There’s been some stuff going on. There’s been a lot of checking of availability. ... I don’t quite know exactly… There’s been a lot of questions about the first quarter of next year."

Avengers: Age of Ultron is filming in the first quarter of 2014. Could writer-director Joss Whedon be considering Sackhoff, a genre TV veteran like himself, for a role in his sequel?

The fan consensus is Sackhoff might be up for the role of Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel (pka Ms. Marvel). Marvel reportedly has a script in development for a Ms. Marvel solo film. And as any BSG fan can tell you, Sackhoff certainly knows a thing or two about playing a badass pilot.

carol-danvers-captain-marvel

Via Bleeding Cool.[

Last edited:
The first two vids in this series was posted here already.

Again some of these are reaching. But mostly on point

Last edited:
This Sounds Huge – Vin Diesel Reveals “A Merging Of Brands” In The Marvel Movieverse For Phase 3

Main quotes from Vin I feel are pertinent:

When I met with Marvel it wasn’t for anything immediate, it was to talk about a film that would be introduced in the Phase 3 part of Marvel, not for a few years. You wouldn’t be able to see it for a few years. In my mind, Marvel were doing it right, they were enrolling me at the ground level which is the best way to enrol me.

I had heard people over the last year, people saying on the social media page saying “What’s up Vin? Why aren’t you going to Marvel? Why aren’t you doing anything with Marvel? It would be a crime of cinematic history for you not to be in [Marvel movies]”

So I was thinking “This Marvel thing is really becoming really important for these people. What can I do? What should I think about?”

I get the call, I go down to Marvel. A great meeting. It was even talking about something so big I can’t even talk about because it’s like the merging of brands in a way, which I won’t get into. That was something way, way, way, way, way down the road.

I dunno why but first thing that came to mind was Riddick in the MU in space facing off with Thanos :lol: :pimp: but that's not really a huge brand so of course I thought of Star Wars next but I don't think either studio is ready to do something that ambitious yet but he did say way down the road so who knows.

Last edited:
Star Wars will never, ever, EVERRRRRRR merge with anything else.

Ever.

There is zero need. Already makes trillions, no need to water it down. Fans would not accept it. I would gun down anyone involved.

Never happen.

Back
Top Bottom