News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

The big lebowski as Obediah Stane was awesome. I also like Julian McMahon's Doom in the FF series (Though his role could've been more fleshes out). As a guy who grew up reading marvel comics I'm just glad to see all these guys reinterpreted on screen.

I don't like when people get shot or stabbed in tv shows or movies and there's no blood. Makes no sense. Should just snap their necks like steven seagal.

It makes perfect sense. Too much blood can be the difference between getting a R rating or a PG-13. Blockbuster superhero movies want to make money, you make more money with a PG-13 rating than R. Same goes for TV. You can't show excessive blood on network TV, so you'll need to be on HBO or other cable channels.

^
I know that stuff. They want to make as much money as possible. It just looks dumb when someone gets shot a few times and there's not even blood on their shirt.

Hard to believe that these were actually costume concepts for the 2000 XMen film.

Looks good.... for comics or cartoon. Don't think those costumes would be all that great for the movies.
UPDATED: Is AMC Developing Preacher for Television?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111477

Interesting.
Eh, rather HBO pick it up. Then they could do everything and do the comic justice.

Some things will be left out cuz of AMC. AMC is great for character focus and series with strongly themed stories but not necessarily for the more graphic and mature character and plot driven stories (mainly all the stuff they'll censor that HBO wouldn't). May seem like nothing for some but it's noticeable.

Hard to believe that these were actually costume concepts for the 2000 XMen film.

Looks good.... for comics or cartoon. Don't think those costumes would be all that great for the movies.

I used to think the same and I still do to some extent but they have done it well in some films though w/o looking ridiculous, even spandex. I really did not think it would work as well as others have figured out how to. They probably would have failed at it back in 2000 though.

Spiderman for example, they managed to make it less cheesy and not just in the recent Amazing SpiderMan, they have done it from the get go with Tobey SpideMan.

They've also managed to do Captain America justice, even his shield looks realistic. I am still waiting for the scaley/chainmail type of costume for Cap but his costumes were pretty good. Avengers costume was kind of crap but it didn't look out of place or cheesy at all.

And hate the movie or not, F4 movie costume was alright for being spandex and all.

I wanna smash this girl fore reasons I cant put my finger on :evil:

I actually would be fine with Scarlet Witch and QS being inhuman and I have been wanting an Inhuman movie. I also took the inhumanty event as a hint. But at the same time it is not a movie I want overly Disneyfied

For those who don't want to spend the 12 minutes watching this.

Star Wars Ep VII - December 18 2015. Alvin and the Chipmunks 3, Kung Fu Panda 3, and Warcraft will likely get pushed back since it would not be surprising if this movie becomes biggest box office movie ever.

Batman/Superman - Nightwing has been confirmed to make an appearance, WW hasnt been confirmed but they are looking for a WW casting so take that for whatever you will. Actresses in the runnin.
Olga Kurylenko

Gal Gado (my fave of the 3)

Elodie Yung (shouldn't even be in the running)

Also Faorah Ul is coming back, Lex Luthor is a possibility.

Marvel is streamlining their VFX department to keep cost down, have the same effects throughout all their movies, and get movies finished quicker.

I'm not a fan of the inhumans. Their story lines are eh and if marvel put them in the cinematic universe the casual fans just wouldn't get it. There isn't a talking raccoon to rely on for merchandising and comic relief. The inhumans take themselves seriously.

Blackbolt might make an appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 whenever they update...

And there's nothing wrong with them being serious. Marvel Studios needs more serious. We saw what happened in Iron Man 3 when Marvel tries to infuse comedy and it doesn't go well. Serious comic flicks can be good movies. Just look at the Blade series, Punisher, and the critically acclaimed but highly overrated Nolan Batman trilogy among others.

Highly overrated? That trilogy was a masterpiece. Only problem was DKR was too cluttered. Marvel disneyfiying all these supergero franchises will bite them in the *** one day. 3 cartoonish flicks a year? Sooner or later tue general public will stop caring.

I hope the Defenders TV show is a lot more serious. Not watching a live action cartoon series.

Also the inhumans have Max the Mad gor comic relief and they could prolly get a few funny scenes out of Lockjaw as well.

20 years from now it will be a struggle to watch most these Avengers flicks but the Nolan trilogy will still be some of the best movies in any genre.

Last edited:
The Nolan movies are already a few years from release and they're hard to watch. Please. Stop stanning.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Zoe Saldana's Hopes for Guardians of the Galaxy[/h1][h2]The Gamora actress says the Marvel movie has "cojones."[/h2]

by Jim Vejvoda

November 20, 2013

Submit Tweet Share +1 Share

Star Trek and Avatar actress Zoe Saldana was doing press for her new film Out of the Furnace when the topic of her playing Gamora in the upcoming Marvel movie Guardians of the Galaxy came up.

Saldana says "these characters are absolutely amazing and they have a full blown redemption. So to be able to sink your teeth into such meaty characters and to be a part of such a story that is very unique and obviously has everything that I love: it has space, it has a cooky director, it literally has just cojones."

Concept art of Zoe Saldana as Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy.

"I never like to shoot myself in the foot to seem that confident that I may come across as arrogant, but I'm rooting for it, a great deal because it was amazing," she added. "What we shot and we left on the screen there were pretty amazing things and I have a feeling that James [Gunn, the director] is going to capture them very beautifully. I'm happy to have worked with someone like James, because not everyday do you meet somebody that is absolutely who they are and you cannot compare them to anybody else. There's only going to be one James Gunn and I like that."

Check out Saldana's video chat below, but be advised that unfortunately MTV's embed doesn't play outside North America.

Via ComingSoon.
What's the budget expected to be?

I forgot what thread I'm in. Those movies are not great. Bruce Wayne/Batman sucked. Deal with it.

Michael Keaton > nolan's batman universe.

Kinda joking but not really.
batman returns was my **** when i was a kid and still is
i also loved those prince songs during the original batman
especially the one when joker crashes bruce's dinner date
and the one when he on the float throwing money :pimp: :pimp:
can someone up those songs???
reps will follow

Batman Returns is still my favorite batman movie. I remember going to the theater to watch it. Michelle Pfeiffer was sexy AF as Catwoman and DeVito was a gross Penguin. He had freakin' torpedoes strapped to those penguins. Christopher Walken was in it too.

I can watch BB all the way through with no complaints, I can watch TDK up until the last half hour, and I can't watch TDKR much, if at all.

Back
Top Bottom