News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Well they are making shows for some of the defenders characters. Wonder what will be the prime difference between the defenders tv universe and the avengers cinematic universe.
Defenders will probably just be focused on street level, not alien threats and super powered beings. So I assume the acting and writing will have to be much better than these movies that you kinda forget about month from now. However since it's on netflix and you got the binge option, there's higher chance they can get by on being good enough.

Wonder Woman Cast in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN!

Warner Bros. and Director Zack Snyder have cast Fast and Furious actress Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman Vs. Superman. She will join Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck in the highly anticipated superhero film. It will be interesting to see how her character will fit in with these characters and the story.

Gadot definitely has a Wonder Woman type look and feel to her. She's got the physique and that strong heroine jaw. I'm sure they will put her through a rigorous workout routine to prep her for the part, so she'll end up looking a lot stronger by the time they start shooting. Snyder had this to say to Deadline about Gadot landing the role,

“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

This upcoming film has been feeling more like a Justice League movie than a Batman and Superman movie. It is obviously going to set the stage for a Justice League movie. I wonder how many other characters they plan on adding to the mix.

What do you think about Gadot taking on the role of Wonder Woman?

Last edited:
Over the course of the next 5-6 years, there should be a new batman w/ affleck, a new WW movie and maybe a team-up of GL, Flash and Cyborg movie leading into WORLDS FINEST where the league is put together....to face....MONGUL.

then phase II you start with the sidekicks and lead into YOUNG JUSTICE (damn I loved that cartoon)....to face VANDAL SAVAGE

phase III intertwine the above to face DARKSEID

Im still mad till this day that they canceled that masterpiece of a cartoon

stupid cartoon network :smh:

CW Reportedly Developing A YOUNG JUSTICE Series Featuring Superboy And More

Bleeding Cool reports that Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are planning on bringing Young Justice to the same network responsible for Arrow and The Flash. According to the site, "the CW is developing another live action teen drama/romance series with a superhero twist, based on the Young Justice cartoon, games and comics, being prepped for 2015." They go on to add that Superboy and Miss Martian will be the leaders of the team, but with Nightwing set to appear in Batman Vs. Superman, will that mean Robin is off-limits?

Warner Bros. And DC To Focus On Lower Budget Superhero Movies Twice A Year?

According to Bleeding Cool, DC Entertainment's big news for 2014 may be that they are planning on prioritising, "A series of lower-prominence comic books being turned into relatively lower budget movies." This matches up with earlier reports that Warner Bros. have turned to David Goyer as a Kevin Feige-like character to work on treatments for adaptations which include Booster Gold, Deathstroke, Sandman, Team 7 and Suicide Squad, with the latter being specifically mentioned as a movie which would need only a $40 million budget. Others could apparently be made for as little as $20 million. Their release schedule would be on a two-a-year basis in the Spring and Fall, giving Warner Bros. an opportunity to make a big profit and perhaps even expand the worlds of Batman and Superman in the process.
man i dont care for the live action young justice just give me that cartoon back
me and my son would be up EARLY every saturday to watch that show :smh:
dont even get me started on that damn teen titans that got cancelled :smh:

Damn. Seems like CW wants to make a DC character show for every night of the week. Would be nice if other networks could make one and create a different feel from the typical cw production.

Damn. Seems like CW wants to make a DC character show for every night of the week. Would be nice if other networks could make one and create a different feel from the typical cw production.

According to Bleeding Cool, their source at Warner Bros. tells them that, "the pilot script for GOTHAM has Detective Jim Gordon trying to solve a very famous double homicide."

Famous double homicide meaning... Thomas & Martha Wayne?

Aaaaaand they ruined the casting of Wonder Woman....

I'm not bothering with DC movies anymore....Let's get some skinny, boney chick to be the baddest woman around.

I just feel like you have to get her right. You only get one shot....and DC blew it completely.

I am a whiny fanboy.

I'm not bothering with DC movies anymore....Let's get some skinny, boney chick to be the baddest woman around.

I just feel like you have to get her right. You only get one shot....and DC blew it completely.

I am a whiny fanboy.
Typical Hack Snyder casting for the most part.

I am a whiny fanboy.
I seen her name mentioned elsewhere I wouldn't have even been mad if they cast Lucy Lawless as WW :smokin

Last edited:
According to Bleeding Cool, their source at Warner Bros. tells them that, "the pilot script for GOTHAM has Detective Jim Gordon trying to solve a very famous double homicide."

Famous double homicide meaning... Thomas & Martha Wayne?

Interesting. This means they'd go a different route wherein Gordon was already in Gotham when the Wayne's were murdered.

Anyways, it seems like The Hobbit2 will be getting a bunch of good trailers. Reports are TASM2, Nolans Interstellar, Godzilla and just added is Tom Cruises' Edge of Tomorrow.

Interested about the Godzilla trailer. I'll probably end up watching the hobbit 2 alone. My brother thought the first one was so boring and I can't really disagree with him. Stretching that short book to 3 movies just seemed dumb and greedy. The first part of the first movie dragged on too much.

^ I thought the same thing. I felt Peter Jackson worked hard to incorporate various scenes to tie-in to his LOTR films. I can only imagine what the next two films will show.

Back
Top Bottom