News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Kind of funny that you guys call him old when he is 45 while RDJ is 48 and Rudd is 44. Also funny that in other forums they are saying he is too old and then suggest MJW but dude is also 46.

Acting chops, yeah I agree, dude hasn't proven himself but I don't think he is the worst choice out there. I don't know, for some reason I just want to see dude go on to do big things.

Because not only is Terry getting old but he LOOKS old too, while Paul Rudd is always gonna have that babyface thing going for him and dont act like RDJs age hasnt been brought into question for the past couple of years. I watch Terry every week on Brooklyn 99 so i can see it first hand, dude is starting to wrinkle up a little :lol: MJW might be older than Terry but he definitely looks a lot younger. I wouldnt want him in the role either anyways.

Last edited:
I really don't like MJW for the role either.

After Spawn, I'd rather he stick to the CW with w/e villain he's playing.
Caucasian as in from the Caucasus islands? As long as he fit the physical description, sure. Can you name a few?
as in white :D
The swole dude from twilight who's in the Hercules movie.

I really don't like MJW for the role either.

After Spawn, I'd rather he stick to the CW with w/e villain he's playing.
Caucasian as in from the Caucasus islands? As long as he fit the physical description, sure. Can you name a few?
as in white :D
The swole dude from twilight who's in the Hercules movie.
Nah, Luke Cage is a blaxploitation character. His black skin is literally part of his character. Same goes for Black Panther and Misty Knight

Not the same thing as Human Torch and Electro. They probably could cast a dude like Goliath as a white dude though.

Crews would make a great Cage. He's kind've goofy though. If he can have a good dynamic with whoever is playing iron fist, then I'm sold

Last edited:

Not bad, the helmet looks odd in that angle but at least he is in a full suit with helmet/mask not just some leather jacket.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Director Marc Webb Talks Multiple Villains, Video Game Influences, More
Two's company, but does three have to be a crowd?

by Jared Larson MARCH 11, 2014

When it was revealed that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would feature not one, not two, but three villains, fans understandably got nervous. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 -- which many believe squandered fan-favorite villain Venom in favor of Sandman and Harry Osborn's New Goblin -- is still fresh in the minds of many film-goers. Is the reboot's first sequel already going to fall into the trap of overcrowding?

At a SXSW panel held over the weekend, director Marc Webb addressed concerns about the number of villains in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, especially as the issue relates to Spider-Man 3.

“It's about writing," the director said, according to The Playlist. "We're aware of those movies and the complaints people had. The main villain is Electro. Every other villain emerges around that. We were careful to make sure the stories entertained. You had to make sure to create obstacles that were difficult to overcome. We wanted to make the physical and emotional obstacles difficult. Rhino is in it for four minutes so it's a legitimate comparison, but when you see the movie, I'm confident.”

Though the revelation that Rhino will appear for only four minutes is sure to raise some eyebrows, it's likely that his screen time, along with other possible cameos, will be used to set up appearances in future sequels and the recently announced Sinister Six spin-off.

01:14Venom and The Sinister Six Announced by Sony
Webb went on to talk about how he was approached to direct the franchise in the first place. Apparently, he was just as cynical about the reboot as many Spidey fans were.

"It was the stupidest idea I had ever heard," he says. "[Sony chief] Amy Pascal brought it up to me and I thought it was crazy! But of course I was a Spider-Man fan, but more of Peter Parker. It was a tricky time. I had just finished 500 Days of Summer. I didn’t know what to do next. And those movies, which are really sacred to people, weren’t that old. They gave me a script I didn’t like. And Amy said, 'You can’t turn down Spider-Man.' And she was right. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. But to build that up, it was an adventure. Not only being a fan of Spider-Man is one thing but I was really curious about the process and [to] work with people who were up-and-coming like Andrew Garfield [who plays Peter Parker] but also Sally Field [who plays Aunt May]. The opportunities were extraordinary. I’d wake up every day and think about what I’d done right in a past life."

Concerning the first Amazing Spider-Man, some people compared aspects of the movie to a video game, for better or worse. According to Webb, that's not an accident.

"When video games started, it was a big slate," he says. "Those games, you could see the entire universe you were playing in. Your experience was more abstract. And then there was Pitfall and then there was Super Mario Bros., where the game play was that big thing but you closed in the space. So you could only reveal what was directly around that character. And when that happened, video game sales skyrocket. And it wasn't because of the complexity of the game but because the experience was more emotional and personal. Then first person shooters came around and you were literally in the point of view of that character, and video game sales jumped up again. In the first Spider-Man there was literally point-of-view and you wanted to make the audience connect. That's always a guideline for me. All of that is about rending [sic] the inner life and thought process of the characters on screen."

If you're interested in reading more of Webb's Spider-Man talk, including improvements he wishes he could make to TASM 1 and his approach to the soundtrack (which will feature Oscar-nominated talents Hans Zimmer and Pharrell), you can check out the panel's transcription at The Playlist.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 swings into theaters May 2.

4 minutes???? :smh:

Rhino only in the film for 4 mins. Praise Odin. Nobody wanted to see that ****. That made me at least 300x more excited to see the movie

I love that they are not softening her up. I know you guys hate her but I hope she has a bigger role in Avengers flicks going forward

Dude is british? How am I the only one who can't imitate an American accent?

hol up hol up
that Garfield dude is british??????

I thought that was common knowledge?

Bale is English, Cavill is British, Jackman & Hemsworth are Australian, etc...

Last edited:
Bale is English? Why does he have a Welsh accent? Didnt know Cavill is British either.

Jackman & Hemsworth have been pretty open about it. Hemsworth doesnt even fake an American accent in the movies.

Damn all this british actors have on point American accents. Then when Americans try to force an accent we end up with Scarlett's accent in Under the Skin if not Rocket's accent in in EMH. :smh:

4 minutes???? :smh:

Good. They knew damn well they wasnt getting away with the **** they pulled off in Spider Man 3 again.

As for the Sinister 6 Movie that **** has to flop. Vulture and Mysterio is 1/3 of that click. Scraping the bottom of the barrel there. No one wants to see that ****. Just give us the Venom movie

Last edited:
Are you talking about the accent he had in Snatch? Because that is not British and imo he did a good job with that one. I used to live in London. Trust me no one understands those people. Same with most Irish accents too.

I keep thinking Bale is Australian for some reason. Probably because he looks like he wrestles animals in the outback.

He was born in Wales and spent a little time there but has said he considers himself English. At least that's what it says on his wiki page.

Are you talking about the accent he had in Snatch? Because that is not British and imo he did a good job with that one. I used to live in London. Trust me no one understands those people. Same with most Irish accents too.
I thought that was a pikey/chavy accent?? He knocked it outta the park with that

My old roommate broke down all the different accents for me 
laugh.gif

If fans really love Lupita then why would they throw her under a bus like that? They acting as if Storm was such a well written character in those movies and that Bryan Singer is such a creative genius. :lol:

She should do something to further her career, not ruin it.

Last edited:
I dont get the iron man batman comparison.

Disney can make all the money in the world currently but there are only two super heroes who have that name power to be recast over and over again in the general publics eyes and still fly and iron man isnt one of them.

Back
Top Bottom