News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Looked for it and Youtube took it down because PBS is selling it now. If I find another link/vid, I'll post them again.

So these are films coming out:

Deathstroke
Booster Gold
Suicide Squad

Any of these characters any good?

Last edited:

Deathstroke
Booster Gold
Suicide Squad

Any of these characters any good?

Booster Gold will probably flop...

Deathstroke would be the most likely to be good

A Suicide Squad movie will be difficult to pull off but if done right would be :pimp:

Deathstroke
Booster Gold
Suicide Squad

Developing and Making are 2 different things. Developing is like your team making phone calls to see if X is available for trade or w/e. I mean they were "developing" an Emma Frost movie to be directed by David O. Russell. A Wonder Woman by Joss Whedon. A Justice League by George Miller. A Kitty Pryde...Shazam...Namor...Silver Surfer...Y: The Last Man. The list goes on and on.

I dunno...maybe they're thinking about it, cuz I heard of that low budget DC thing. But if they're just developing, that just means they're throwing some money at some writers for a bunch of drafts of something they'll probably never make?

Last edited:
None of those movies will be made :lol:

I would like to be a screenwriter having that money thrown at me to develop those projects that'll never get made though.

Give me Booster Gold :lol:

I honestly think Booster Gold could be interesting. Is he really any more obscure than Dr. Strange? Booster was in a couple animated series' and on Smallville. I was never a fan of Smallville though.

There's a good origin story to be made. Even with all of Booster's corny theatrics, there's still a character with levels to him. You get a good charismatic actor who isn't cheesy to portray him and you could have a big successful summer blockbuster.

If they're thinking of developing a Deathstroke and a Suicide Squad movie, i'm wondering if it'll be totally separate from the Arrow tv series. Those 2 have been featured heavy this season. Don't know much about Suicide Squad but it was kinda disappointing with the 2 members that were in it.

I honestly think Booster Gold could be interesting. Is he really any more obscure than Dr. Strange?

I feel like...there are kinda...self-evident superheroes. People capped on how Marvel had their B and C-team out there, but it was stupid easy to get the point of the characters across. Literally all you needed was a name and a face. Even if you had never heard of them...you hear the name Iron Man, and of course it's a guy in a metal suit, and oh hey it's Robert Downey, Jr. You hear Thor and of course it's a huge viking looking dude with a hammer. Of course Captain America is a Tom Brady looking dude basically wearing the American flag, fighting for America.

That's why Green Lantern flopped(don't get me wrong, they run that trailer on loop in interrogation rooms). It's so stupid explaining what he is, what he does, or what his name means. Sending him out there first, by himself, is asking too much for an audience that don't even know he's connected to anything. Like "he's in the DC universe...except not this next Batman movie...you see there's gonna be another Superma---nvm."

That's why I don't get why they didn't go for The Flash first.

But Booster Gold. :lol: You hear that name and you expect to see "from the people who brought you The Lorax and Turbo" right after it.

Last edited:
One good trailer can change everything. You make it simple to understand the character and why their story is interesting. Then add some of the fluff that makes movies entertaining to the average individual.

EDIT: Also, that Green Lantern movie was a giant collection of bad decisions in general.

Last edited:
Nah, that's true. I mean if you woulda told me they could build hype on a Guardians of the Galaxy movie...

But I just mean, Marvel did that when they were 10 flicks deep.

DC is just throwing **** at a wall if that's an option right now. :lol:

Last edited:
Well it looks like the new WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara (took over last March) is much more aggressive with films and shows and that could benefit from more DC products overall. A snippet from the NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/b...on-the-big-screen.html?hpw&rref=business&_r=2

But Warner also has unique puzzles. Efforts to resuscitate its Looney Tunes animation franchise have repeatedly failed to gain traction. The studio has been painfully slow to establish a slate of films based on DC Comics characters like Wonder Woman and the Flash, watching as Disney’s Marvel Entertainment churns out one superhero hit after another.

Mr. Tsujihara noted recent progress on both of those fronts. Dan Lin, a Warner-based producer, is working on multiple sequels to “The Lego Movie,” which became a surprise blockbuster last month. (Mr. Tsujihara was directly responsible, having bought a company that makes Lego-themed video games in 2007. That led to the film, which has taken in more than $390 million worldwide.)

As for DC Entertainment, cross-studio collaboration to make better use of its comic book characters appears to have accelerated considerably since Mr. Tsujihara took over, in part because he eliminated some management layers. (He has not named a chief operating officer and did not replace Mr. Rosenblum and Mr. Robinov, choosing instead to divide up their duties and assume some himself.) Two new television shows are coming to the CW and Fox, including one based on the Flash and another on a young Batman, and a film series will be announced in the near future, Mr. Tsujihara said. It is expected to include a “Justice League” movie.

Underscoring his aggressive approach to the DC Comics universe, Mr. Tsujihara and Dan Fellman, Warner’s domestic film distribution chief, recently moved the studio’s untitled Batman-Superman movie — a hotly anticipated follow-up to last year’s “Man of Steel” — to a release date in May 2016 previously claimed by Marvel for one of its own films. It created an industry dust-up, and Marvel retaliated with a date change of its own. But the move sent a blunt message: Warner takes a back seat to no one.

Take it for what's it worth.

Last edited:
If they're thinking of developing a Deathstroke and a Suicide Squad movie, i'm wondering if it'll be totally separate from the Arrow tv series. Those 2 have been featured heavy this season. Don't know much about Suicide Squad but it was kinda disappointing with the 2 members that were in it.
I have no doubt WB has no plans of doing tv series movie same continuity thing Marvel is doing. Word to the Jim Gordon show on FOX. Plus Arrow is trash, they'll ignore it.

I honestly think Booster Gold could be interesting. Is he really any more obscure than Dr. Strange? Booster was in a couple animated series' and on Smallville. I was never a fan of Smallville though.

There's a good origin story to be made. Even with all of Booster's corny theatrics, there's still a character with levels to him. You get a good charismatic actor who isn't cheesy to portray him and you could have a big successful summer blockbuster.
Eh, I don't think it's about obscurity. Although I don't even remember him in Smallville or more than one animated series. I think it's way more about if this can make a good superhero flick. I don't know compared to Dr. Strange.

That's why I joked about writing the BG screenplay. I'd just play up the loser in the future time travels to past to be a hero only to still be a loser in the eyes of other heroes for the most part while he's really saving the world while nobody knows it like that one JLU ep. Then I'd go for the impressive IM like cgi usage.

As for what you say I wouldn't trust WB not to get a cheesy hack actor to be BG or for them to get a screenwriter(s) and a director that wouldn't botch the whole thing a la Reynolds in Green Lantern.

As mentioned by Oneg though, Booster Gold is an awful superhero name. Just dumb sounding. He'd probably be most successful as an animated movie aimed at kids to be all the way honest.

Last edited:

When those movies were first rumored they were rumored as low budget films in the 20-40 mill dollar range. They aint getting no talented charismatic actor. Didn't RDJ get paid 50 mill per film? That is more than the entire budget for these flicks.

Also Doctor Strange can be an "every-man" depending on how you depict him, just like Stark was. Booster Gold isn't.

Last edited:
Booster Gold is pretty much an every man from the future. He's not a naturally powerful being like a lot of DC's heroes.

I agree that WB might go all the way left with their casting and find the corniest and cheesiest actor to play him in a terrible movie, but you would hope they've learned their lesson after GL.

Back
Top Bottom