News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

^Spacey was the only good thing about SR

I wonder how they will address Xavier and Raven being practically brother/sister in the prequels but neither of them having any recollection of this in the original trilogy.

^ I really wonder how they choose what to keep and what to disregard from the first 3 films.. But anyways..

Watching those videos posted above, good lord every time they release something else I have less faith in what they are trying to do

There's no reason a X-Men/F4 crossover shouldn't be in the works. That's FOX's Avengers if they're paying attention. They can even riff on the alien invasion and have the Skrulls or Shi'ar invade or have Annihilus team up with Mr. Sinister or something wild. Plus there's Magento and Doom teaming up if they get the right guy to play Doom.

There aint no damn challenge. Hypocrisy and contradictions run rampant in the real world, it can happen in that fictional universes. You can have your famous superheroes and have your fear and hated mutants. Tweak how the F4 got their powers by adding that they also saved the damn world when they checked out those cosmic rays and then have them save NYC by taking down the Mole Man and you got your celebrities. While mutants are the unpredictable wildcards, just have Magento out there killing humans claiming mutant superiority like he always does to get over any challenge.

I swear making Mystique the little slave sister of Charles is still one of the worse writing for that character. Straight up neutered her character. Like if ya wanted to cast JLa that badly could've gave her the role of an actual young mutant girl like Magik or recast her as Rogue or Polaris :smh:

^ I really wonder how they choose what to keep and what to disregard from the first 3 films.. But anyways..
Picking and choosing seems so dumb to me. I'd literally just have something bad happen in the past cuz of the time travel so they can somehow erase all of X1-X3 and Wolverine Origins. That way they can recast all of the characters they ****** up. Only thing they'd keep if they want to use it is Ian and Patrick.

That way I can get a new Bishop, better Havok, try to find a better Sabertooth, new Storm, better Iceman (you know that's upbeat and tells jokes not some cranky always worried love sick fool) etc. Then maybe you can start adding the actual cool characters like Psylocke and make them more prominent.

Last edited:
Should have just started from scratch with first class.. Hell, they could have taken the base idea of first class even further.. Have the ending of the movie be the idea that Professor x and magneto should form the school as a safe haven/ training facility for mutants..

The movie could have had professor x find magneto, show their friendship.. Have them go up against someone.. Then could show government higher ups getting paranoid and start putting in measures to combat mutants

Then you have some of the original guys coming in at the end.. Second movie you have Charles and magneto bucking heads on what should be done (mlk vs Malcolm x approach)

Just develop things more.. And disregard the dumb idea that cyclops should be dead

Should have just started from scratch with first class.. Hell, they could have taken the base idea of first class even further.. Have the ending of the movie be the idea that Professor x and magneto should form the school as a safe haven/ training facility for mutants..

The movie could have had professor x find magneto, show their friendship.. Have them go up against someone.. Then could show government higher ups getting paranoid and start putting in measures to combat mutants

Then you have some of the original guys coming in at the end.. Second movie you have Charles and magneto bucking heads on what should be done (mlk vs Malcolm x approach)

Just develop things more.. And disregard the dumb idea that cyclops should be dead

Fox got greedy cause from what I read during the time in first class was that was the direction they were going but then plans changed and they wanted to have their version of Avengers ( which is really what Dofp is terms of star power)

Plus there's Magento and Doom teaming up if they get the right guy to play Doom.

They already hired Dr. Doom, Toby Kebbell.

Now whether he is a good Dr. Doom is yet to be seen.

They likely just didnt want to replace Hugh Jackman now that I think about it since reboots are known to have new actors. If that is the case, that would be dumb.

‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Will Aim For Tone of Sam Raimi’s ‘Spider-Man’

Marvel’s First Family gets another shot at big-screen success next summer with director Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four reboot. Like it or not, the film is coming together, with a cast that includes Miles Teller as Reed Richards, Kate Mara as Susan Storm, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm.

It’s a young cast, and a young director — and to hear writer Simon Kinberg tell it, it’s going to be a young story, with the idea to focus on the formation of the Fantastic Four.

“We’re treating this as the origin of the Fantastic Four,” he told Crave Online, “so in future movies you’d have them on sort of splashier adventures to some extent but in this one we tried to ground the science as much as possible and make it feel like it could take place in our world before it cantilevers into other worlds.”

Kinberg’s comments go beyond the scope of Fantastic Four, as he also touched on the tone of the film. According to the writer, the new Fantastic Four movie will “be somewhere on the spectrum between [Sam Raimi's] Spider-Man and Chronicle.”

“Josh Trank’s instincts are to be as realistic and grounded and real with this stuff as possible. In many ways I would say it’s definitely more of a drama than comedy,” he said. “It’s still in the direction of Spider-Man. It’s not like Dark Knight. And even Chronicle has a lot of fun in it.”

Fantastic Four hits theaters on June 19, 2015.

Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing or if a Raimi approach really even fits F4. Last thing I want is another director imitating Raimi, might as well hire the real thing. I already knew this was gonna have a Chronicle vibe since it's Trank and looking at the cast but adding a Raimi feel too might be a bit much if he just thinks what Raimi did was the way to do a comic book movie. He says less comedy and more drama but I remember what Raimi passed off as drama and it came off more as a mediocre soap opera.

We shall see though. I actually like Trank and what he did with Chronicle (even though it was a light weight ripoff of Akira) for the most part. Hopefully the screenplay is really good if things are gonna be really grounded and there's a wider focus on their origin.
Plus there's Magento and Doom teaming up if they get the right guy to play Doom.

They already hired Dr. Doom, Toby Kebbell.

Now whether he is a good Dr. Doom is yet to be seen.
I know but still don't know if he's the right guy. Plus they can still dump him and that cast.

If they have to recast I wouldn't even reboot again :lol:
They likely just didnt want to replace Hugh Jackman now that I think about it since reboots are known to have new actors. If that is the case, that would be dumb.
No need to replace Hugh since Wolverine is super old. Hence, why he shows up in First Class.

Not sure how to feel about this new FF. How are the going to explain Johnny and Sue?

Not sure how to feel about this new FF. How are the going to explain Johnny and Sue?
laugh.gif

What is their to explain? How do you explain real world situations like that?

It's 2014. **** aint that complicated
Only thing I can think of is adoption. One's white the other is black. I mean, ultimately it doesn't really matter as long as they do the character justice.

lol at facepaint.

IDK how I feel about that either. Honestly, there is nothing this movie can do to salvage itself.

Maybe if they acknowledged they were a joke and made this a comedy piece about superhero movies.

Fox pretending it is some sort of fwd thinking company. Couldnt even get a black girl. That would be a lot better than the **** they are tryna pull off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom