News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Quoting myself:

Eh I mean it's not even hate but Snyder's pros and cons are really clear at this point. I wish DC would start expanding already. Let somebody else direct the team movie.

The way things are panning out the eventual Batman movies directed by Affleck will be the best DC will have to offer.

Most importantly get a better main screenwriter than Goyer. Start putting all those comic writers to use and form a team of them to hand in drafts and screenplays.

I'll also add at this point I'd rather have had Frank Miller direct like that old rumor suggested a few years back or anybody that'd want a better screenwriter than Goyer.

Going off that last line, seems official Marvel will have their female solo movie out way before Wonder Woman even has the "right" script.

Last edited:
I'm cool with it. His films have always been visually pleasing. Hope Goyer remains the scriptwriter. Only guy who has gotten me to more than tolerate Supes. Film was bomb but the character still sucks.

They should drop a JL movie on the same date as an Avengers movie since they like doing that stunt so much.

Last edited:
Eh it was expected but I'm still kinda disappoint. They didn't exactly land MoS last year.

I'm probably just trippin, Snyders style definitely works for a film like JL. It's not like I should be expecting some great character piece :lol:

Last edited:
Image comics>>>> not even close.
As far as superheroes go they'd be lucky to ever get any of those books made in to movies or even tv shows. That company is for creator owned work anyway. Honestly not comparable to DC or Marvel.

Comics wise sure quality is a bit better. Thing is they'll never have more than half a century of history in relationship with fans of multiple generations.

Last edited:

Wish it didnt take me till SaGa to realize this. Wonder what gems I missed. Tho I am more of a fan of writers than anything else.

Rick Remender >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tho i wish he would cut back with that scifi ****. Black Science is weak.

Last edited:
Should of been more clear. Comics as today with stories and all that. Marvel and DC are superior to Image with all the characters they've created.

Wish it didnt take me till SaGa to realize this. Wonder what gems I missed. Tho I am more of a fan of writers than anything else.

Rick Remender >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tho i wish he would cut back with that scifi ****. Black Science is weak.

Put me on...

Last two comic arcs I read were Batman Death of the Family and Wonder Woman god of war. I'm thinking bout getting back on Uncanny Avengers to see what Remenders been up to and also the new volume of Daredevil too.

Put me on...

Last two comic arcs I read were Batman Death of the Family and Wonder Woman god of war. I'm thinking bout getting back on Uncanny Avengers to see what Remenders been up to and also the new volume of Daredevil too.

I don't mess with DC so I can't really help you with that. I dig scott snyders Batman but he has been on Zero Year for like 8 months and it aint even that good. I have been told to read WW and Supergirl tho

Uncanny Avengers starts slow but by issue 4ish it escalates fast. First 25 issues is basically one long story arc. I think there will be another long story arc after that. Can't remember which story arc but one of them is supposed to have lasting effects on the Marvel Universe. Just like with Uncanny Avengers they pretty much gave him his own corner of the Marvel Universe and told him to go nuts. This comic does require a lot of background knowledge tho. Mostly Uncanny X-Men, AvX, and the gist of House of M. Knowing what happened in Avengers disassembled. The apocalypse twins tho. Sick *** villains imo.

Deadly Class is an image comic of his. Long story short it is 1987. The main character is homeless and lives in San Francisco. His parents were killed because of Nixon's war on drugs. After watching him for months, a secret school where they train the best assassins recruit him. He has no place to go so he decides to stick with em even tho it seems like he hates it.

Black Science seems like he is trying more of that Fear Agent stuff that put him on the map. Just started Fear Agent and I feel like that is much better.

Low comes out in May. From the preview it seems nice. Basically people of earth now live in underwater cities because the surface is irradiated. Main character needs to get to the surface to retrieve something.

New Avengers - Definitely in Marvel's top 3 best written books right now. downside is that it is a pretty big part of the infinity crossover for 5 or so issues. During those 5 issues it aint even a standalone comic anymore.
Current Guardians of the Galaxy - Bendis is writing this right now. Seems like they changed Gamora's personality but other than that I really like it.
All New X-Men - Original five x-men come from the past come to the present. Time Paradoxes ensue. This comic is far more hit than miss. Pretty much the other side to Uncanny X-Men.
Uncanny X-Men - Emma Frost is no longer being written correctly but Uncanny is pretty solid as usual.
Thor God of Thunder - First two story arcs are sick. The Malekith story arc that they released when Thor 2 was in theatres sucked. Just skip it entirely. Now it is okay
Nova - Lighthearted fun. Definitely a skippable book tho

A lot of other stuff is in the first story arc, including the new DD series, so I can't really comment since Marvel goes hard on opening story arcs, then many of those books start sucking again after that

Other than that I would recommend SaGa. Very well written book. Issue 1 is worth like $180 and this book has only been around for 2 or so years. A lot of people enjoy it.

I'm hearing good things about East of West but I just started it so I can't say.

Last edited:
Is Saga that Brian Vaughn sci-fi book?! I remember reading issue 1 and never really following up on it. Damn that issue 1 price.. Shoulda bought it when I had the chance back then.

I was pretty into Fractions run on Fantastic four and FF when it first got started, might pick it back up. I started Thor and the two x-men comics too. I'm just terrible at keeping up month to month, I usually wait till the whole arcs out before binging on it. Imma check out uncanny avengers tmr.

Is Saga that Brian Vaughn sci-fi book?! I remember reading issue 1 and never really following up on it. Damn that issue 1 price.. Shoulda bought it when I had the chance back then.

I was pretty into Fractions run on Fantastic four and FF when it first got started, might pick it back up. I started Thor and the two x-men comics too. I'm just terrible at keeping up month to month, I usually wait till the whole arcs out before binging on it. Imma check out uncanny avengers tmr.
You can always switch to trades.

Check the comic book thread: http://niketalk.com/t/329014/official-comic-book-thread

If you want the gist of Remender's views on superhero comics read his End League comic :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Warner Bros. Has 9 Other DC Comics Movies Besides Batman Vs. Superman & Justice League In Development

Besides Batman vs. Superman and the recently announced Justice League, Warner Bros. has an additional nine movies in development based on DC Comics properties, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.

The report says:
Warner has now entrusted its core superheroes to “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder, who will helm “Superman vs. Batman” and then “Justice League.” It also has nine other movies based on DC comics in development.

An earlier report from the Wall Street Journal already named Shazam, Metal Men, 100 Bullets, and Fables as films currently in the works at Warner Bros, so that’s four of the nine.

So what are the other films that Warner Bros. is working on? One is almost certainly The Sandman, which is being spearheaded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The others are harder to judge. Older Vertigo Comics properties are either already mentioned or in development as television shows elsewhere – Preacher, DMZ and Scalped, for example. It could be a more recent Veritgo title, like American Vampire or The Wake, though the time-hopping nature of those books would seem to make them a better fit for television than film.

Warner Bros. does seem to be making a point of keeping Justice League separate from other superhero properties. There’s been rumors that a Justice League Dark series was in the works. It would probably require a name change to keep from brand confusion, but the idea is possible. A Lobo movie has long been rumored, though last we heard it was put on the shelf.

It’s hard to nail down what films are in the works at the moment, but I think it’s safe to say that solo films based on other Justice League characters will be put on hold until after Justice League. If Wonder Woman isn’t being planned, than it seems likely that the studio will use Justice League as a testing ground to see which of those characters are popular enough to carry their own film before pushing forward with any other solo movies.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/2...an-vs-superman-justice-league-in-development/

If I were to guess, Del Toros Justice League Dark might (or I hope) take one of those slots?

Solo Flash film? It's been rumored long enough I guess.

What kinda villains does JL Dark fight? Dark magic / supernatural ones? Any villains people might have heard of?

Most notable is probably Felix Faust? They've entangled with Crime Syndicate and Secret Society of Super-Villains too. They can probably use any generic dark magician as a main villain for the film though. They haven't been together that long, only a few years and only had a handful of arcs so far iirc so their adventures an open book and I trust Del Toro with coming up with a good story and world, the Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth worlds he created were amazing.

I don't get the point of video game movies. Video games are practically movies. They are filled with cinematics anyway. Especially The Last of Us. And the video games that are becoming movies make way more money than than the average movie.

:smh: Xbox 360 and Xbox One only.

It'll get downloaded like any other film. Too. The netflix tv shows can be downloaded so why limit your audience?

Last edited:
I don't get the point of video game movies. Video games are practically movies. They are filled with cinematics anyway. Especially The Last of Us. And the video games that are becoming movies make way more money than than the average movie.

:smh: Xbox 360 and Xbox One only.

It'll get downloaded like any other film. Too. The netflix tv shows can be downloaded so why limit your audience?

They think people will buy their systems cause of it...

Never thought about this...

Last edited:
I used to read Youngblood, Prophet, Supreme, and Pitt heavy. Some amazing art in those comics. Also enjoyed the Shadowhawk series. When he died from AIDS I almost cried.

I think these titles had potential in terms of making movies. Would've been dope to see Prophet and Supreme on the screen. I love their storylines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom