News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Antman is starting to look bad for Marvel already :smh:

Jared Leto as Dr. Strange?! Hellllllllll NOOoOoOo! That would be a big mistake on Marvel's part. He's a great actor but wouldn't be believable as strange.

Daniel Day-Lewis , Marvel. Wisen up...
They should just cancel it and put in black panther instead. Maybe switch the order the movies release in a lil bit. Since Thor 3 script is being worked on maybe push that up?

Good choice but too old

Jake Gyllenhaal?

This is a decent choice too.

Depends. If they're trying to build Strange up to be the big one once RDJ dips...then that ain't it.

But if it's just to make a good movie...Leto could work. Too bad Bale and Jackman already got their comic book on, cuz they'd both be great for it.

Scott Derrickson :smokin ...Sinister was one of my favorite movies of that year.

Both were also magicians in the awesomeness that is The Prestige.

As for Leto or my choice Gyllenhaal I was thinking more along with them just being good actors and carrying a good solo film like the Chris's do for Thor and Captain America. If the plan is still for the next Dr. Strange to be the face and charismatic figure of the new group of Marvel films then yea, they don't work as well.

So what is this rumor that Marvel/Disney is pulling all of Fantastic Four comics to spite Fox and get the movie rights back?

Some rumors are even going as far as removing all pics, art, images, etc.. of F4 out of the Marvel office.

Seems like a dumb move to me because it really isn't going to force Fox to return the property, hell if I were Fox I'd just keep making F4 films to f' with Marvel/Disney. This move just feels like it is worse for the fans than on Fox, who likely doesn't even depend on the books to market their film.
Notice the lack of X-men merch? Because Marvel/Disney controls the merchandising output... Just seems like they have a ****** relationship with Fox at this point

Notice the lack of X-men merch? Because Marvel/Disney controls the merchandising output... Just seems like they have a ****** relationship with Fox at this point

The lack of Merch is actually a decent move by Disney. Not like they need it and should significantly reduce the amount of money fox makes off the framchise. They basically have to make X-Men profitable off the box office and DVD sales.

Pulling the comics makes literally no sense. Like I said the 60k people reading F4 monthly will do nothing to harm F4 movie. But oddly enough you can predict the movies based on whats happening with the comics since comics are just promo material these days. They are trying to push Inhumans but they are failing miserably. Multiple several month delays. Joe Mad leaving after issue 3. Matt Fraction being pulled off the comic and passive aggresively tweeting about it. They keep taking Ls on that franchise. But still I dont get why they think they need an Inhumans comic to sell a film that will likely make $500M or more

Falcon concept art

I believe the plan is still for Dr. Strange to replace Stark as the central figure of the MarvelMovieVerse.

I don't know much about Dr. Strange so the plan for him to be the main guy of the Marvel movies has me intrigued. I watched his movie on netflix and remember him from the fox spiderman cartoon. Is he a popular character?
He's not as popular as he use to be but his potential is endless given he's the Earth's most powerful sorcerer. Putting him at the center of the MCU would be interesting.

Colm Feore was Laufey in Thor and some guy in TASM 2.

everytime i see dude all i can think of is Linoge in Storm of the Century.

Micheal Bay should do Ant Man.

just joking

Michael Bay needs to do MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

So I just got done watching wolverine origins again and it left me thinking..........

1. Emma frost was picked up by professor X yet in first class was with the bad guy? She was also much younger.....?

2. Professor X was already old in that movie ......? Didn't that take place in the 70's?

3. Why did I watch this movie again?

So I just got done watching wolverine origins again and it left me thinking..........

1. Emma frost was picked up by professor X yet in first class was with the bad guy? She was also much younger.....?

2. Professor X was already old in that movie ......? Didn't that take place in the 70's?

3. Why did I watch this movie again?
Ya there are known continuity issue with the previous X-Men movies. That's one of the reasons why they stink.

These movies will always suck as a franchise because of these issues. It's why I said DoFP was below average.

Quicksilver was also in that movie but his age was questionable. Tho all their other specimen were young I will assume quick deaged too.

There is no way this guy is older than Evan Peters

Also thought this movie was early 80s. IDK I cant remember much about it

At this point you gotta stop giving a **** about FOX X-Men movies, especially the past ones and then trying to make sense of it. Watch the new ones (or not) and rave about it or hate it and then movie on.

There are so many tiny details I missed about X1-X3 and Origins that I would never re-watch them to remember or give them any thought.

I don't think he was.

That would be cool... can't really think of anyone better at the moment.

i believe he was, young mutant with the scar over his eye.

also i think the bad guy from Avatar would be a good fit for Cable.

i think they will. isnt he in DoFP? im sure that was him and most probably missed that. i dont know how to use spoilers sorry guys.

i think he was.

AntMan director picked and movie synopsis

When Marvel's "Ant-Man" hits theaters July 17, 2015, director Peyton Reed will help shepherd the hero into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a cast led by Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, with writer Adam McKay contributing to the film's script.

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Peyton Reed is just as bad as Edgar Wright :smh:

Just cancel this **** and give us Inhumans and Black Panther

At least the directing style in Bring it On was decent.

Last edited:
Peyton Reed? Not too familiar with his work, though I've seen Bring it On.

I hate Scott Lang. Why couldn't Paul Rudd be douchebag Pym instead :smh:

Back
Top Bottom