News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Planet Hulk is actually a pretty good story that fleshes out Hulk further. It has a decent character development story and it is when the Hulk truly became a bad-a**!

The problem is that the Hulk will have to be the Hulk the whole film, Banner will likely only appear in his mind trying to fights or struggle within himself but the film will have to be a 2-hour film of cgi Hulk and likely half of the cast being CGI too, that is the hard part to pull off, it'll look and likely cost like James Camerons Avatar or John Carter. Do people really want to see an Avatar/John Carter-like Hulk film?

It'll be a great lead-in to a World War Hulk film though.

Yeah, WWH would pretty much be avatar with hulk. I just see it not working (yes I know avatar made money)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm totally not a huge fan of seeing a Planet Hulk movie. It'll be mostly cgi and it's a real transitional story if anything. Can't see Marvel wasting all that money for that especially with Ruffalo as Banner.

Wake me when they get to WWH some other way.

No I agree with you that (I assume you made a mistake and meant you "don't see it working") it'll be a difficult sell. Marvels been good with costuming and cgi but I see it being more like John Carter than Avatar.

Who knows though, I'd love to be proven wrong, I wasn't sold on GotG at first too but I am all in now so who knows. If Planet Hulk is after Avengers 3, that is 4-5 years from now so a lot could change and technology is constantly moving forward. We can actually see how much better it gets with Avatar 2 & 3.

I read that if the Planet Hulk movie is incorporated into the MCU, the Guardians would be the ones that help Banner get back home and things play on from there for Avengers 3.

Last edited:
I like that even less.

i was a fan of Hulk declining help from Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill in the comic and cartoon version. He needs to head back to Earth with his Warbound :smokin

Last edited:
PH alone I think wouldn't work as a live action movie.

There would have to be a WWH movie after the PH movie. PH can't be alone.

I agree tho. Don't see it working.

Also that combination of multiple hulks working inside of him thing needs to be fleshed out more. If you saw the animated movie without knowing anything about the character, you would think that was regular hulk and that he is always like that.

Max Steel

Max Steel stars Ben Winchell as Max McGrath and Ana Villafane as Sofia Martinez. Written by Marvel Studios veteran Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and directed by Stewart Hendler ("Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn"), the film is said to be an in-depth origin story that chronicles the adventures of 16-year old Max McGrath and alien companion Steel, who must harness and combine their tremendous new powers to evolve into the turbo-charged superhero Max Steel. As these two unlikely friends struggle to accept their oddly connected fates, they begin to uncover unimaginable secrets, working together to find the truth, and fighting the mysterious forces threatening their world.

Andy Garcia also stars in the film, which is planned to hit theaters on an as-of-yet-unspecified date in 2015.

likely half of the cast being CGI too.

They could do the sakaar people like how they're doing nebula in gotg.. Then you just have to pick key characters (hopefully beta ray bill)

Last edited:
Good for Yost.

The name sounds familiar but for some reason I have no idea what Max Steel is about even after reading that short description and it's not totally giving me any interest in looking it up. Might treat it as a regular ol superhero action flick.

Hopefully Disney/Marvel know what they're doing. This could be their first flop.

^ yea hank pym is one of the smartest dudes in the marvel universe.. Also adds a different element is nce he's a bit of a pacifist

Would have loved to see him with the group..

But I want to see BP and dr strange solo films before Antman.. But I just want Antman in avengers well Antman and BP wayyy before quicksilver and sw

I'm 100% NOT interested in an antman movie. Sorry

When I was watching the EMH cartoon I thought Ant-Man could be cool. But yah I'm back to square 1.

The list of characters more deserving of their own film than Ant-Man is so damn long it's ridiculous.

i read hes the brain behind marvel tho.
He's not really though :lol:

Son steady gets the shaft in the comics even being in top 10 smart guys. He always gets excluded or ignored when **** is going down cuz ppl think he's crazy.

I agree he doesn't deserve a movie but hey it's happening. Blame Feige and Wright. This should be Black Panther or another Hulk movie.

One main thing that made Ant-Man interesting was Wright's enthusiasm. I couldn't care less either, but that test footage was DOPE and the fact that this guy who's made other films I like actually cared about this character to push for the movie when it more than likely wouldn't of been made otherwise.

I don't know what happened between Wright and Marvel, but after that, everything I've been hearing about this movie gets worse and worse.

i read hes the brain behind marvel tho.

I'm pretty sure Reed Richard and Dr. Doom have been confirmed as the two smartest people in the Marvel Universe in the intelligencia story arc. Hank can be 3rd at best

Also he continuously gets ******* on. He won an award once, but then it turns out it was the skrull version of him. The marvel universe liked him better as a skrull :lol:

There is literally no reason Black Panther, Dr. Strange, or Ms. Marvel wouldn't get their movie first.

I can't remember who said this but Mighty Mouse has more fans than him.

EDIT: Tho I could be wrong about that order. Didnt read that story arc but Richards is the smartest for sure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom