News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

More like Sword Art Online if you know Anime.

I think I read someone describe it as a more maniacal Tron?

Last edited:
The premise of jacking up your mind online is what made me think of Sword Art Online right away.

Further than that and it kind of almost sound like somewhat Inception-esque with puzzles and such. I've never read the book though so I am not 100% sure what kind of games/puzzles the protagonist encounters in the virtual reality/game but I think Nolan could do well with it just because I could kind of imagine it looking like Inception.

Should be very interesting to say the least, I'll read more on the actual book later on.

Last edited:
Roberto Orci Will No Longer Direct ‘Star Trek 3′

3 hours ago | Variety - Film News
After getting an opportunity to helm the next “Star Trek” pic after writing the first two, sources confirm that Roberto Orci is no longer on board to direct the next installment in the franchise.
Orci got the job this past summer after J.J. Abrams had to exit the sequel due to his commitment to directing “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” The details behind Orci’s exit from the project are unknown, but Paramount and Skydance Productions have to act quickly to secure another helmer, as the film is dated to bow sometime in 2016.

Imdb

I don't know anime well. While we on Anime, whoever recommended this Attack on Titan :smokin

So far there only 3 Animes I care for. This is the 4th

Ghost in the Shell, DB(Z), Yu Yu Hakusho, Attack on Titan.

I heard I missed out on Cowboy Bebop. I didnt like it as a kid but people say I'd really like it now so I might give that a chance.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I also liked Read Or Die and Fooly Cooly. So that makes 6

Last edited:
He didn't really say anything that we didn't already know :lol:,misleading title. The sheer cost of such a big crossover is what's making me doubt the feasibility of it.

Last edited:
True but I know these guys are sitting around like how can we make this work. I hope they can come together and play nice lol.

I don't know anime well. While we on Anime, whoever recommended this Attack on Titan :smokin

So far there only 3 Animes I care for. This is the 4th

Ghost in the Shell, DB(Z), Yu Yu Hakusho, Attack on Titan.

Bleach is up on Netflix I believe, that was good until it got convoluted..

Watched inuyasha for a bit when it use to come on late night on Cartoon Network.. That was decent until it didn't really go anywhere

There's also death note..

I'd recommend checking out all 3.. The first two are decent early and then drop off

I watched Inyuasha up until the intro with sheshomaru and mirror in the field or something. Stopped caring. My brother and sister watched it all the way through. I ended up watching the last episode. GARBAGE

So glad I only got about half way. That ending was why anime will never be that important in the west.

Right now I wanna finish attack on Titan and work through all them Miyazaki animes. Most notably Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, and My Neighbor Totoro since I have seen so many tattoos of those three properties that I need to know what this guy's about.

These aint small tattoos either, like all them triforce tattoos. These are some seriously intricate tattoos. Especially the princess mononoke ones

Last edited:
I watched Inyuasha up until the intro with sheshomaru and mirror in the field or something. Stopped caring. My brother and sister watched it all the way through. I ended up watching the last episode. GARBAGE

So glad I only got about half way. That ending was why anime will never be that important in the west.

Spoil me.

I hated Inyuasha but watched a lot of it because(IIRC) it came on before Cowboy Bebop at one point.

Right now I wanna finish attack on Titan and work through all them Miyazaki animes. Most notably Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, and My Neighbor Totoro since I have seen so many tattoos of those three properties that I need to know what this guy's about.

These aint small tattoos either, like all them triforce tattoos. These are some seriously intricate tattoos. Especially the princess mononoke ones

Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero are two amazing animes everyone should check out.

^
Fate / stay night needs to pick up the pace. Tired of the damn high school drama.

Sword Art Online is also piff but the 2nd half of season 2 is boring.

Leaked Sony emails says there is a MIB/21 Jump Street crossover in the works

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sony-discussed-possibility-21-jump-755799

:smokin

Im not one for crossovers but I would really enjoy this.

Also how has Sony not upped their IT security yet. Wasnt the Playstation hack the biggest hack before this (not to mention there were other Sony hacks at the time). Its like they break their own record for incompetence every other year and now they are blaming it on a country that cant flush its own toilets?

Last edited:
Why in hell would Men In Black crossover with 21 Jump St? This is exactly what I was talking about with studios going crazy with shared universes :lol: :x

You should've asked if it was a good show in the anime/manga thread. That show is known for being complete crap. It just went on and on and on and then had the weakest sauce ending.

You'd be better off watching Black Lagoon or just good anime in general.

FTR, The East don't really care if anime gets big in the west. They already dominate their entire region with it. They're fine with w/e money they make from ppl already big fans here.

^ basically they're just gonna have Tatum and hill be new Men in Black since there isn't really anywhere else to go with the jump street movies

Back
Top Bottom