News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Highly doubt he takes it tbh.

I knew dudes would start dropping out of SS soon too, expected Will to be first though

F4 disaster but who's surprised?

Fantastic Four Movie “A Mess”, Goes To Reshoot, Louisiana Sets Being Rebuilt?

We get the word that people at Fox are not happy with the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, directed by Josh Trank. While some have called it “Chronicle 2 rather than Fantastic 4″ , this is clearly not what the studio was looking for.

One well-connected senior executive described it to me as “a mess”. And multiple sources are telling me about major disquiet at Fox regarding the state of the movie.

A year ago, I was directly told by primary sources that Fox were approaching other directors and writers to take on the project and start from scratch, though they didn’t find anyone willing. Fox denied this at the time.

As it stands, I’m told that reshoots are now being demanded, that millions of dollars are being freed up for the purpose and sets are being rebuilt in Louisiana.

Anyone close by able to take a peek?

In comparison, the other non-Marvel Studios movie based on a Marvel comic book Kingsman: The Secret Service, has gone down very well indeed. Slightly dodgy CGI, possibly, but it’s described as a real breath of fresh air…

I'm one of the few here that liked Avatar and was waiting for the sequels. Now I gotta wait longer to see giant blue people.

From the rumors that leaked out earlier it was basically described as Chronicle 2.. Didn't they even come out and say it has that found footage vibe to it?

I honestly didn't get the craze with avatar. It didn't do anything for movies but shoehorn 3D into any big movie release. Coulda swore Disney told the same story with Pocahontas minus CG and Sigorney Weaver :rolleyes

Not surprised at Fantastic Four being a mess. Josh Trank is not that type of director to bring together such a "fantastic" and sometimes whimsical adventures of the first family of superheroes. Who the **** watched chronicle and decided Trank was the ideal director for FF?? Don't even get me started on the Michael B. Jordan casting. Movie died as soon as preproduction started :smh:

Last edited:
I have no qualms with Avatar either. I enjoyed it for what it was and the new world it created and unique concept it introduced was pretty cool, it is also one of the best 3D films I've enjoyed in the theaters. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. I could go the rest of my life not seeing it again but I didn't hate it and would watch a sequel especially with the new underwater world.

Not surprised at Fantastic Four being a mess. Josh Trank is not that type of director to bring together such a "fantastic" and sometimes whimsical adventures of the first family of superheroes. Who the **** watched chronicle and decided Trank was the ideal director for FF?? Don't even get me started on the Michael B. Jordan casting. Movie died as soon as preproduction started :smh:

Wait didn't you say this about Webb and the ASM franchise?

I knew Marc Webb would do the character much more justice in this trilogy than Raimi had

Couldn't everyone ask "who the hell watched all his music videos and 500 Days of Summer and said he is the ideal director for Amazing Spiderman franchise?"

:rofl:

Wait didn't you say this about Webb and the ASM franchise?
Couldn't everyone ask "who the hell watched all his music videos and 500 Days of Summer and said he is the ideal director for Amazing Spiderman franchise?"

:wow:

The thing is that Sony made a conscious decision to reboot the franchise because they felt like a lot of Spider-mans best stories are told when he is still a high school student. Peter's love life is a good chunk of that as well. I like they way Marc Webb portrays young love and people will forever slander ASM2 for the fact that there were so many mushy scenes but you cannot say that they weren't well directed and captured really heartfelt scenes between Garfield and stone. He really captured their real life relationship and made it as if Peter and Gwen came to life. Still a masterpiece!

The thing is that Sony made a conscious decision to reboot the franchise because they felt like a lot of Spider-mans best stories are told when he is still a high school student.

No they didn't. :lol: It was wildly reported that Sony scrambled to make ASM because it might revert back to Marvel (this was before they made the deal with Marvel on trading merchandising rights for more movie rights), this was after Raimis SM4 & SM5 didn't fall through and cost way too much so they rebooted to keep the franchise and save money. IIRC Garfield made $250k for mak ASM1 while Tobey would have made $20m for SM4 & SM5 each plus back-end.

Too lazy too google right now but I remember it working that way.

I have no doubt that if Tobey and Raimi and Kirsten contracts weren't demanding so much money that Tobey would still be Spidey til this day.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Badass Digest claims that they too have heard about reshoots, but add that these have been planned for well over a month now. They say that they've spoken to people who tell them The Fantastic Four is good, and others who say it's a mess, but the reason for reshoots is to add more action scenes as the movie is very character driven. Josh Trank is still said to be in the director's chair as well. Apparently, "This is very much an old school origin story - they aren't really "The Fantastic Four" until the very end of the movie - and I wonder if that has left Fox confused with what to show and how to show it."

Nobody cares about AVATAR!!!!!!!!

Michael Bay NEEDS to do MORTAL KOMBAT

Not thanks. Ruin someone elses childhood. Mortal Kombat should be done by the guy who did the Raid 2.

Avatar was GARBAGE. Like not a good move at ALL. I have no clue what the fuss is with it.
Agree on every level. CGI Pocahontas

:wow:

The thing is that Sony made a conscious decision to reboot the franchise because they felt like a lot of Spider-mans best stories are told when he is still a high school student.

No they didnt :rofl:

They scraped Spidey 4 and the Raimiverse Venom movie because they were garbage

Raimi on Spidey 4:

“It really was the most amicable and undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we had a deadline and I couldn’t get the story to work on a level that I wanted it to work,” he said of his split with Sony Pictures. “I was very unhappy with Spider-Man 3, and I wanted to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I couldn’t get the script together in time, due to my own failings, and I said to Sony, ‘I don’t want to make a movie that is less than great, so I think we shouldn’t make this picture. Go ahead with your reboot, which you’ve been planning anyway.'”

Last edited:
Avatar was pure trash. Epitome of style over substance.

Somebody post that joke/meme pic where Avatar is basically the Pocahontas story but with aliens and advanced tech.

F4 disaster but who's surprised?

Fantastic Four Movie “A Mess”, Goes To Reshoot, Louisiana Sets Being Rebuilt?

We get the word that people at Fox are not happy with the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, directed by Josh Trank. While some have called it “Chronicle 2 rather than Fantastic 4″ , this is clearly not what the studio was looking for.

One well-connected senior executive described it to me as “a mess”. And multiple sources are telling me about major disquiet at Fox regarding the state of the movie.

A year ago, I was directly told by primary sources that Fox were approaching other directors and writers to take on the project and start from scratch, though they didn’t find anyone willing. Fox denied this at the time.

As it stands, I’m told that reshoots are now being demanded, that millions of dollars are being freed up for the purpose and sets are being rebuilt in Louisiana.

Anyone close by able to take a peek?

In comparison, the other non-Marvel Studios movie based on a Marvel comic book Kingsman: The Secret Service, has gone down very well indeed. Slightly dodgy CGI, possibly, but it’s described as a real breath of fresh air…

A few steps closer I guess.

If only FOX studios got hacked :lol: :nerd: Somebody start a rumor that in Kingsman they nuke North Korea.
Nobody cares about AVATAR!!!!!!!!

Michael Bay NEEDS to do MORTAL KOMBAT
It could be great but given his recent stuff it'd be kinda horrible.

I think Quentin Tarantino should do Mortal Kombat not that he would.

Last edited:
So no one else got hyped when he showed he was able to ride that big dragon type creature?

The premise of an outsider infiltrating a group of people then becoming their savior has been done many times but I didn't think the movie was terrible. I was entertained and enjoyed the great visual world they created for Pandora. The people I know who watched it also liked it.

"Go ahead with your reboot, which you've been planning anyway"

Raimi's vision of spiderman is awful. One of those things that didn't age well. I can still watch blade 1 today. I'm pretty sure 10 years from now Iron man 1 will still be a great film. But when you watch spiderman 1 and 3 today :x

Only spiderman 2 can be watched today and still enjoyed but that film is OVERRATED AF it's ridiculous. Lizard midtown high fight > Doc Ock train fight. Many of you guys won't admit it though......

I finally got my Mondo poster framed. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom