News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Not sure how many cares but Emma Watson cast as Bell for a Beauty & the Beast live-action film.

Emma Watson
Actor/Director · 29,337,347 Likes · 2 hrs ·

I'm finally able to tell you... that I will be playing Belle in Disney's new live-action Beauty and the Beast! It was such a big part of my growing up, it almost feels surreal that I'll get to dance to 'Be Our Guest' and sing 'Something There'. My six year old self is on the ceiling - heart bursting. Time to start some singing lessons. I can't wait for you to see it. Emma xx
Yea I saw. Disney needs to cool it with the live action remakes for a while

Maleficent will need to stop making $750mil worldwide along with Alice in Wonderland making $1bil for Disney to chill. It's a cash cow.

I'm always up to see Hermoine in anything though so I will download the film.

Maleficent will need to stop making $750mil worldwide along with Alice in Wonderland making $1bil for Disney to chill. It's a cash cow.

I'm always up to see Hermoine in anything though so I will download the film.
I meant more among the lines of their really iconic stuff like Cinderalla( I haven't seen any buzz for that movie whatsoever).

Although, if be down for a live action Aladin, but that would require non whites cast in major roles so it won't happen *cough*
PoP*cough*
Also I have no idea how Aliceade that much. It was terrible

Last edited:
I don't really follow the hype with kids films and how they are built up but I do not remember Maleficent & Alice being a hyped up, again that might just be me ignoring the genre so I do not see the full scope of hype the movie has before it's release?

I also didn't notice Frozen much until it started to climb up to reach $1.2bil, I don't think the hype was that great before the film opened but I could be wrong.

I don't really follow the hype with kids films and how they are built up but I do not remember Maleficent & Alice being a hyped up, again that might just be me ignoring the genre so I do not see the full scope of hype the movie has before it's release?

I also didn't notice Frozen much until it started to climb up to reach $1.2bil, I don't think the hype was that great before the film opened but I could be wrong.
I mean there was buzz for those 2 movies on places like yahoo news, IMDB etc. And Well malefocent had Angelina and aloce had depp and button so they had name recognition. Cinderalla has Robb stark. I don't think it will bomb but I don't see it being Frozen. BTw frozen is an anomaly that will never be understood

Last edited:
BTw frozen is an anomaly that will never be understood

Agreed.

I might be the only one int he world who hasn't seen it. I've downloaded it but would rather watch Winter Soldier or GotG for the 7th and 8th time instead.

Agreed.

I might be the only one int he world who hasn't seen it. I've downloaded it but would rather watch Winter Soldier or GotG for the 7th and 8th time instead.
It literally was just a lazy movie( from a story perspective). The last few Dosney movies IMO have been like that. Brave was another offender

Expect the same for Pirates 5.

I am really looking forward to Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 though.

Not so much for Cars 3. :x

Take this with a grain of salt

According to Nerdist, who drafted the suits based on descriptions given by a source in the film’s production team, these suits won’t be the final costumes that the Fantastic Four will use to fight crime. Rather, they will be prototypes designed by Mr. Fantastic to help the team conceal and harness their unique abilities. Function will lead fashion, with each component within the costumes serving a specific purpose. A more recognizable Fantastic Four version of the suits, closer resembling what’s in the comic books, will apparently come later in the film.

'X-Men' Live-Action Series in the Works at Fox

With '24's' Many Coto and Evan Katz overseeing, and 'Star Trek 3's' Patrick McKay and JD Payne writing.

An X-Men TV series could be coming to Fox.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the network is having preliminary conversations to adapt the iconic Marvel comic series — and feature film franchise — as a live-action television series with 24 producers Evan Katz and Manny Coto involved.

Fox's potential live-action series is being penned by Star Trek 3 writing duo Patrick McKay and JD Payne, sources tell THR, who will share a created by credit on the project with Katz and Coto. Katz and Coto will serve as showrunners.

Fox declined comment on Katz, Coto, McKay and Payne's involvement.

Fox studio counterpart 20th Century Fox owns the rights to the film franchise (with seven features already released based on X-Men characters). While conversations to bring the franchise to the small screen are under way, sources indicate a deal is far from complete with Marvel — which owns the comic rights — still having to sign off on the deal. The comic book powerhouse is based at Disney, with ABC shows including Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter on the network and five upcoming straight-to-series programs in the works there. Marvel would have to sign off on the deal.

TV Insider first reported theX-Men news.

The potential X-Men series comes as Fox, under television group chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman, noted that the network has also had conversations to revive The X-Files with Chris Carter as well as a limited run of Prison Break.

They're probably feeling great how Gothams doing and wanted to capitalize. Weird that we might be bale to watch a DC and Marvel show back to back on the same network.

It literally was just a lazy movie( from a story perspective). The last few Dosney movies IMO have been like that. Brave was another offender

From what I heard the original cut of Frozen was way better but they decided to make Elsa a hero instead of a villain a few months before release causing Disney to have to rework the script until the last second but still keep as many scenes intact as possible. They did that because of the song "Let it Go". There was even a teaser trailer that was taken off the internet because it showed that Elsa would be the villain.

Im not sure if this is the one since I never saw that teaser but here is what I imagine the tone being like if those changes were never made.

Last edited:
That seems more like a teaser, but the movie did feel disjointed. As if a chunk of it was taken out, and they rushed to find another villain

I don't know man, YA do understand these movies are still geared towards a really young audience...I enjoyed the film for what it was, not your typical happily ever after Disney princess film, but a more modern take on the relationship of 2 sisters, that was the only real love story in that film...it was dope to me...soundtrack was dope too...say what you want but Let it go and Build a snowman still ring in my ear :rofl:

And if YA wonder how these movies reign suprem, I'll just say this, it was my wife and I, brotherNLaw and his wife taking their daughter to see it, all 4 adults very little interest in it, but we knew she would enjoy it, that's 5 full priced tickets to please 1 viewer...not to mention the merchandise...the amount of Frozen merchandise parents have bought :wow:

I'm actually looking forward to an X-Men live tv show. I'd prefer a cartoon but I'll take this.

If the show ends up on FX it'll be a must watch. If it's just on regular old Fox I'll still give it a shot like I did Gotham.

Either way it has a good chance of being better than the movies with those creative names involved if they're really involved.

Agreed.

Haven't seen it either with no plans of ever watching it.

Only lyrics to Let it Go I know is "let it go"

I'm actually looking forward to an X-Men live tv show. I'd prefer a cartoon but I'll take this.

If the show ends up on FX it'll be a must watch. If it's just on regular old Fox I'll still give it a shot like I did Gotham.

Either way it has a good chance of being better than the movies with those creative names involved if they're really involved.

O_O I forgot about that possibility. IF its on FX I say F the X-Force movie and do a show.

My daughters are obsessed with frozen they watch the movie non stop its insane they refuse to see anything else

Feminists love frozen. Girl empowerment mumbo jumbo. They really loved how the hero was a female and she didn't let that guy kiss her without her consent. Movie was ok, people made it sound like it was one of the most amazing animated films in years.

Anyway, I was watching american pickers on history channel and they were asking how much a first issue amazing spiderman comic would cost. They had those fact tidbits on screen and it said michael jackson wanted to buy Marvel in the 90s and play spiderman in a movie.

Yeah that was when Marvel was in bankruptcy.

Also....

Hasbro Applies For A Go-Bots Movie And Toyline Trademark

Following the success of the first Michael Bay Live Action Transformers Movie back in 2007, Hasbro worked with movie studios around the world to bring your childhood toys into the big-screen. From toys such as G. I. Joe to board games like Battleship and Ouija, Hasbro is a live action movie machine with more live action movies such as Jem And The Holograms and Candyland down the pipeline.

It so happens that TFW2005 has stumbled upon another possible live action movie and a toyline from Hasbro. Once rivals of the Transformers Franchise (1984), Gobots became the property of Hasbro when they acquired Tonka; the original creators of Gobots.

On January 21st and on January 24th, Hasbro has applied for a new Go-Bots trademark (this is not a renewal) under "distribution of motion pictures, ongoing television programs" and "Toys, games and playthings, namely, toy vehicles and accessories for use therewith".

Frozen was entertaining. But after watching the film the first time, I was done. Actually, Tangled > Frozen.

Back
Top Bottom