NFC Wild Card :: Washington ******** @ Seattle Seahawks 1/5/08 ::

Originally Posted by BIG FAME ONE

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Kiss My Airs 33

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Man, 13-0 going into the 4th, 22-14 at the end of the 4th? What a game! Like I said, I was pulling for WAS because of the feel-good story they've had (
smh.gif
@ all of you hating on the Seaon Taylor support)

No offense ska, but you don't live near DC. Would you not go nuts with commercials saying "watch the ******** play like Sean Taylor would have wanted them to play"? Then repeat that commercial 10000 times over the course of one week.

Well excuse a fanbase for supporting their team?
smh.gif
Fools.
And playing that weekly Go ******** rap song all week on WPGC 95.5?
smh.gif
Idiots.

I guess they should be more like Eagles fans huh? And boo their franchise players and talk trash about their own team endlessly. Now there's a fanbase.
smokin.gif

$%%* is OD. Maybe it's just how I feel. I couldn't deal with the media trying to bring attention like that, even if it were my own team. He doesn't need to be mentioned every time the ******** are mentioned. Nor every time the ******** make a good play.

yeah its how you feel cuz u hate the skins. just shut up already.

Well I have never liked Taylor, I mean on the field he was a stud but as much as I heard how he was going to come smash the Seahawks in 95, and his off the field exploits I have never liked him. That said his murder was a tragedy. I would also concede that NOT being a Skins fan the Taylor stuff did get a little old. I mean in 95 in the Superbowl against the Steelers all I heard leading up to the game was how Bettis deserved a ring, and ow he was finally going to do it in his home town etc, leading up to this game ALL the national media was talking about was the emotional unity, and the wave that the Skins were riding into Qwest Field. I mean, again RIP to the man, but come on. Everyone on that field is a professional, everyone is going to come to play and if you can't get up for the play offs you have no right playing in them.

Thank you. Like I said, even if it were my own team, I couldn't deal with it. After awhile you get tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

it was a good game...LaRon was looking great.

i'm loooking forward to next year!

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

BIG FAME, simply put, your Hawks are subpar compared to GB or the 'Boys dude. Your dudes play in the softest division in the L.

Get ahead and get all riled up, but come game time, Jennings + Driver + Jones + Robinson + Martin = a core your core can't cover.
Don't underestimate the seahawks corners and safeties...i think they can get it done. Oh and for the record Seahawks WR core > Packers WR core. Jennings is amazing and Driver is good as well, but when you get to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th options it all goes downhill. Engram > Jones, Burleson >>>>>Robinson (what a joke), Obomanu > Martin

Dude just called Robinson a joke...
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]NAME[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]LST[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Donald Driver[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]1048[/td] [td]12.8[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greg Jennings[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]920[/td] [td]17.4[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James Jones[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]676[/td] [td]14.4[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Donald Lee[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]575[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ruvell Martin[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]242[/td] [td]15.1[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Koren Robinson[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]241[/td] [td]11.5[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

compared to

[table][tr][td]NAME[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]LST[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bobby Engram[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]1147[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nate Burleson[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]694[/td] [td]13.9[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deion Branch[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]661[/td] [td]13.5[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td].J. Hackett[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]384[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcus Pollard[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]273[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ben Obomanu[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]15.0[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm really not sure about Engram > Jones, I really think Jones has potential.

AND we both know Ryan Grant is stylin' on Shaun Alexander and Maurice Morris (arguable)

Now can we stop jacking this thread and let the ******** fans complain?

******** should have won this game. Moss quiting on that play really hurt them.

Anyone notice how Collinsworth spoke both ways? When the ******** came back, they had Sean Taylors memory giving them the spark. When they started to collapse,it's because there was nothing left in the tank after the stress of the death of Sean Taylor.

Platinum, stop it, you know I didn't wanna get the stats involved, but you went ahead and done did it.

Anyone who would say the Seattle WR's are better than GB's core is completely biased or on shrooms.

pimp.gif

What a crazy game! Good job Hawks.

Bring on the Packers!

"We want the ball and we're gonna score!"
laugh.gif

Congrats on the win to the Seahawks fans on here.

Kerney -
eek.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Trufant -
eek.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

(#37 - just
smh.gif
)

Didn't think I would be saying it after this game, but I wish we tried to establish the run more - especially early.

Crazy season, through the 4 game winning streak football finally meant something again - sad to see it come to an end.

I was nervous about this game before it even started. ******** were on fire and had a lot of momentum coming into Qwest Field. Much respect for the *******splaying with desire for their teammate the late great Sean Taylor. The beginning of the 4th quarter was a nail-biter. Todd Collins played well for the mostpart, but our D-Line did their job. Defense played well and made Portis a non-factor. Hasselbeck pulled his head out of his%!$+ and threw a touchdown whichgave the 'Hawks some momentum. Pick six by Tru was a big game changing play. I'm praying that Hasselbeck doesn't play the way he did today in GreenBay. I'm not too worried about the Hawks defense playing against Favre's offense, but I am concerned with Hasselbeck and his offense matching upagainst Woodson, Harris, Hawk, Barnett, and Kampman. If the 'Hawks lose I atleast hope they can make it an exciting game. GO HAWKS!!!

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

"We want the ball and we're gonna score!"
laugh.gif

LOL I remember that game! When he said that I knew it was over. Hopefully he doesn't do something stupid like that again next week.

I'm really not sure about Engram > Jones, I really think Jones has potential.
I guy having potential is not the same as a guy having a pro bowl type year, your stats alone make that a non argument.

Saying that either of these teams' running game is styling on anyone is a stretch, I mean I am aware that the Pack came on as they neared the end but letsnot get ahead of ourselves. Seattle has more total rushing yards tha Greenbay by about the length of a school bus and arguing that the 21st ranked rushing teamis better or worse than the 20th ranked rushing team is like arguing whos a faster ******. Oh and don't sleep on Weaver. I am not a Shaun fan, his runningstyle irritates me but he is running harder into tacklers now and is always a threat.

LOL I remember that game! When he said that I knew it was over. Hopefully he doesn't do something stupid like that again next week.

Realize though, had the pass not been poorly thrown and had Harris not got the pick 6 that would be a legendary moment in Hawks lore, not an infamous one. Alsoremember, Matt spent his early years in Seattle getting booed off the field and it is that kind of cockiness and confidence that made Seattle love him, if thegame goes to OT again this time I'd love to see him say that again............ and then score.

Originally Posted by shoefreak14

Todd Collins
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Are you serious? I'm guessing you didn't watch the game
indifferent.gif

Todd Collins was on the money every single time. He was throwing perfect passes and keeping his cool composure the whole game. If anyone failed itwas our supposed "primetime" players who dropped balls that hit their hands and the worst effort our O-line has shown in awhile. Don't goaccusing Collins of "failure", I'm actually really sad that all he's done for the team is going to be long forgotten by the start of the nextseason when Jason takes the reins again. Honestly, I feel like T.C is a smarter and more accurate QB than J.C is and would even like to see him start next year(although that'll never happen). He's the truth man!

Man, that game yesterday was crazy. First off I want to give props to the Skins, they stayed in it there until the end. And also, something I did not think waspossible, but the ******** fans at the game were awesome. They were not the typical fan from FedEx, I guess it is just the real fans that would travel fromMD/VA/DC to see this game. They were awesome and kept commenting how the Seahawks fans were great and made it a great place for them to watch the game. Wewould jib jab with each other after plays but would talk like friends. That was really cool and I have much more respect for their fans now. (We both agreethat Philly fans are the worst tho
laugh.gif
)

So, onto the game. I can post pics later but I got some good ones. I decided to take a bunch with my phone during the Skins last drive, and I got that whole2nd pick-6 from presnap to endzone right down from my seats at the 18 yard line. Seattle did come out and showed that they have one of the best defenses outthere, and that if it wasn't for Hasselbeck they prolly would have pitched a shutout. But in the end Hass and the D stepped up when they needed to. TheSkins played very well and all you skins fans should be happy with this season. You guys have a team that should be right back next season.

I am suddenly a New York Giants fan now though for a week (sad). Bring on Green Bay, I can't wait for next week!

Just got back from VA beach where I watched the game with my whole family.

of course I was pretty pissed after the game, but the Seahawks deserved the W.

Collins' play, our o-line and a whole bunch of other factors brought us to the dance during that 4 game stretch. Unfortunately they didn't come toplay. Heyer has been money for us all season but he got worked, as well as the rest of the line.

the team wasn't expected to be in this position anyway but nonetheless the season was a rollercoaster. a load of injuries we've had.

like I said in the first few pages, never look forward such as Dallas or even the Superbowl. any team is capable of winning.

HTTR, let's see what 08-09 brings

Back
Top Bottom