NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Reid you get a very good coach who has a great offensive mind but you also get bad time management, gets away from running the ball, a passing offense to dedicated to passing deep too much, putting players in the wrong position, poor at halftime adjustments due to stubborness, a unwillingness to challenge plays, and last but not least the strangest red zone play calling

reid better not do all that with alex. that is basically da oppisite of alex. Here is why i thought alex will be good with da chiefs. They have charles and bowe. For alex they need the running to set the pass. basically play action most of da time. using play action alex will be very good. He cant throw a good deep ball, but is accurate enough on the run. Also the defense has to worry about him running. which was proven in the saints playoff match. 

Last edited:
I think the Chiefs might be that team that goes from worst to the playoffs this year

But if Andy Reid drops Alex Smith back to pass 30+ times a game that isn't happening

Last edited:
chief are my sleepers this year. F it imma say it now, Chiefs will battle broncos for the division, and it may be a long battle. 
chiefs will fight the broncos for the division. they are a few years and players away from serious contention.

also my prediction for nfc east, it's giants to lose.

******** are blah on secondary, and up front besides some pass rushers nothing really special. aside from Robert and pistol, their offense aint nothing special. 
Eagles, i dont believe in kelly. Defense is blah, also offense is blah espeically after maclin went down. 
Cowboys they can compete if Romo can take that next step, but thats what has always been said for like the bast 5 year. Cowboys will be cowboys and mess up.
Giants have 2 time super bowl champ eli. good Wr. okay defense. i will take them to win it. 

It will be close. hope to see some great games amongst these teams this year.

Will post other division predications. 

Giants have a garbage secondary, one of the worst NFL linebackers corps in years questions at RB, multiple key players from the D-Line are gone and Hakeem Nicks is already hurt , JPP is having back problems. Not to mention that the Giants defense is in love/awe with RGIII too much to stop him probably. NFC East is WIDE open, like someone said earlier, every team has multiple major holes

Last edited:
The Chiefs don't have the defense to combat Alex Smith's mediocrity.
Don't worry, the most confident game manager QB in the league will have no problem hanging 28+ on teams week in and week out 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
How is Alex Smith confident? Dude just lost his starting job to a 2nd year player while he was completing 71 percent of his passes, dude probably has no confidence now :lol:

have you been reading traing camp notes on da chiefs. Read he is have a "great" training camp. im also gonna say this, yes alex was a game manager who could complete da big pass when needed, but alex has never had a Wr like bowe to work with. think about it. 

that will end my Chiefs/alex rant for da year.

i will talk 49ers and nfc west any time.

up next da south.

have you been reading traing camp notes on da chiefs. Read he is have a "great" training camp. im also gonna say this, yes alex was a game manager who could complete da big pass when needed, but alex has never had a Wr like bowe to work with. think about it. 

that will end my Chiefs/alex rant for da year.

i will talk 49ers and nfc west any time.

up next da south.
its training camp though. everyone is having a 'great' training camp. training camp is when teams are full of hope and confidence is at a high. until a defense lines up that is trying to sack smith, not much can be known. i think the chiefs will have a good year though.

"A great training camp" :lol:

Not a game, we talkin bout training camp.

This is the same dude that was a bust for years until Jim Harbaugh showed up. Where is Deuce to make sense of this?

Last edited:
"all great players have to start somewhere"

agree that training camp is just training camp, but no one can have a case against me when i say his confidence is at all time high.

We will just have to wait until week 1 to see how he is doing. 

Last edited:
imma break it down for yall one last time. a Rb that has the highest YPC in NFL history. A talented Wr that he has never had. Good coach. last but not least the knowledge of taking his team to the playoffs and winning games. Why shouldnt he be confident? 

Not an Alex Smith supporter by any means, but lets not act like he wasn't putting up Pro Bowl numbers before he got hurt last year. And outside of Gore, he had pretty much no offensive weapons his first few seasons in SF. As the talent around him improved, so did he.

He's shown he can be a pretty good QB when he has talent around him.

Not an Alex Smith supporter by any means, but lets not act like he wasn't putting up Pro Bowl numbers before he got hurt last year. And outside of Gore, he had pretty much no offensive weapons his first few seasons in SF. As the talent around him improved, so did he.

He's shown he can be a pretty good QB when he has talent around him.
QB rating wise, yes. But dig into that and: 13 TDs through 9 weeks, sub 200 yards/gm. Hardly stellar statistics. His completion percentage was the only exceptional statistic. Just my imo. If he replicates those stats in KC, they're not sniffing the top of the division. He needs to have a career year. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom