NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like they had everyone fooled... He was the starter the whole time
laugh.gif
vick did have to earn it.. considering how turnover prone he's been, if he couldnt get that under control he wouldnt have been chip's starting QB (he values possessions and just wants his QB(s) to continue to moving forward.. in large or small chunks.. but ball security is a high priority)

yes, he did have 1 int.. but that was throwing the ball up before the end of the half

and it's not like foles was bad.. vick just played well.. these are both guys stats: Vick is 13 of 15 for 199 yards with a touchdown and interception in the preseason. Foles was 11 of 14 for 96 yards with no TDs and a pick

so if vick starts turning over the ball, foles will be in quick.. i still think we get a QB in next year's draft though (hundley, price or mariota)

Vick did have to earn the job

There is no doubt in camp Foles was giving him a serious run for his money

Vick did have to earn the job

There is no doubt in camp Foles was giving him a serious run for his money

Yup. Wasn't as easy as people think.

And what's wrong with Chip making Vick earn the title of starter? He didn't want his qbs feeling lazy and comfortable. He wanted to instill some work ethic and accountability. Nothing should just be given. I like it. He challenged Vick to play well enough to take the starting spot and he did. Everyone has to step up their games in Philly, last year they were all jus atrocious.

the eagles turnover ratios the last 2 years:

2012: -24 (last in NFL)

2011: -14 (tied for 2nd to last)

vick's regular season stats for the last 3 years (rushing and passing):

62tds 30ints 31 fumbles

:lol: @ bucem talking wizards in a NFL thread. Of course.

Anyways...Smith should be suspended, but he was clearly provoked by Igcognito. Igcognito is a piece of ****.

Yea Smith should more than likely be gone for the first game. And yes, Incognito is a piece of ****. The NFL is probably gonna take that into account :lol:

Last edited:
[/quote]
At least millen got some decent receivers.

Some of vinny cerratos impressive resume:
1. Haynesworth 100 mil.
2. Trading up in the second round for rocky Macintosh.
3. Offering 2 first round picks for chad Johnson!
4. Hiring Jim zorn as oc when there wasn't even a hc.... Then making him hc after everyone refused.
[size=6]5. Trading away champ. Portia was good but this guy was/is one of the best corners ever. Added a 2nd round pick too.[/size]
6. Laron Landry over ap, Patrick Willis, revis and Lawrence Timmons.
7. Deion and Jeff George.

And dude had a daily radio show while being gm, who does that?[/quote]
[img]https://statich.niketalk.com/a/a6/900x900px-LL-a6d7d221_sb.jpeg

And Fox Sports trying for ratings already talking about Smith's swing and miss being worse that'll everything Suh has done, along with the Haynesworth stomping. How cute :lol:

von
mean.gif

based on what i have heard.

- von was asked for a urine sample.

- von proceeds to give sample and spills sample as its to be turned over to sample collector.

- collector asks for another sample and von says i can't right now. hang around and i will give you another one after practice.

- after practice von gives another sample.

- sample is diluted.

- nfl suspends von.

is that about right
nerd.gif

a six game suspension for a diluted sample even though he gave another one a few hours later?

I'm thinking with Wilfork, Tommy Kelly & (much improved) Jones we'll be much better up front. Also Spikes & rookie LB Jamie Collins looked great when blitzing in the game. But we'll have to wait till the regular season gets underway to really know for sure. I'm hoping everything goes well for them! 8)

von :smh:

based on what i have heard.

- von was asked for a urine sample.
- von proceeds to give sample and spills sample as its to be turned over to sample collector.
- collector asks for another sample and von says i can't right now. hang around and i will give you another one after practice.
- after practice von gives another sample.
- sample is diluted.
- nfl suspends von.

is that about right :nerd:

a six game suspension for a diluted sample even though he gave another one a few hours later?

Feel like that's probably the "Denver Talk Radio" version of events

Carson Palmer was a 4,000 yard passer last year.... with his leading receiver coming out of the TE position, and his targets on the outside being Derius Heyward-Bust and Denarius Moore.

You think he's happy to have a guy like Larry Fitzgerald in tow?

Out of those 4,000, about 3,000 of those came in the 4th quarter losing by 3 touchdowns.

So, happy may not be the right way to phrase it. He'll probably be happy, he gets his stats, Larry will be miserable getting more L's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom