NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up, checked the box score, rubbed my eyes and checked again. Awesome

But since that was a positive comment on Peyton I guess I need to put the disclaimer of 'playoff choke artist' somewhere since a few seem to have made that rule

Last edited:
peyton put in work :x :x he did a great job spreading the ball around (as usual).

that touchback :lol:

ravens special teams & just overall all the TO's last night... they looked sloppy.

Woke up, checked the box score, rubbed my eyes and checked again. Awesome

But since that was a positive comment on Peyton I guess I need to put the disclaimer of 'playoff choke artist' somewhere since a few seem to have made that rule

champ got outperformed last year by harris?

you're joking right?
My bad on the late reply, but definitely not a joke.  He actually turned in one of the best seasons by a corner in the last 5 years.

Like I said, Champ was no slouch.  He was one of the best at limiting yards after completion and first downs allowed but Harris was better all-around.

http://thedctimes.com/2013/06/ranking-the-nfls-top-15-cornerbacks/

champ gave up .82 yards per snap (best in the nfl)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-cornerbacks/

champ gave up .82 yards per snap while having 86 more snaps than harris. champ and harris each gave up 25 first downs and tds (total). champ however gave up 1 td all year while mainly covering the opposing teams number 1 wr.

not taking anything away from harris's great year but champ is still that dude :smokin

lulz at your avi

Last edited:
Fell asleep 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter and the game was close...

Checking the box score here at work :wow:

7 ******g TD's???!!???

Yeah but he doesn't win in the playoffs and Tim Tebow has more playoff wins as a Bronco than him. So doesn't matter at all what he did last night, you can't enjoy it and please stop talking about it

Are people forgetting that he has a ring? You can't call someone a choke artists who has, not only won it all, but has been there twice, been to a bunch of afc championship games...like you can't win everythime this is the NFL, one play, one blown assignment on defense and boom! youre going home. He puts up 35 points and the defense gives up 42, is that really his fault?

We just saw one of the greatest performances of all-time in any sport, and people on here are still bashing him for some past playoff losses. You must lead one hell of a miserable life.

The first loss always stings |I ..the Broncos killed the 2nd half tho :x , had a feeling it wasnt gonna go well once clark dropped that TD at the end of the half :smh:

Just woke up.

Yeap, it wasnt a dream or nightmare :x :lol: :smh:

I UNDERSTAND it's only the first game of the season but he averages at least 3 TDs a game for the rest of the season, he might pass 50 :nerd:

He plays the raiders twice / Jags / eagles just to mention some poor pass defenses :x

It's gonna be an interesting season.

Denver is just too stacked offensively, D Thomas and Welker alone is a good corps, so Peyton throwing around 50 touchdowns wouldn't surprise me at all. He only needs 43 the rest of the season :lol: :smh: Have to figure he'll have more 3-4 touchdown games then 1 or 2 touchdown games.

:smh:

Columbus Dispatch

Just making a point on how ridiculous some people sound when they harp on the same point over....and over....and over

Ravens needed to build that lead early when they had a chance. Final score not indicative of the difference between these two teams IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom