NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to add on to what JJ Watt said, the word "leadership" and Jay Cutler should NEVER be in the same sentence.

In reference to last night, GMS must have missed the dropped balls and guys running wrong routes.

Lol @ jj watt on The League the last two weeks dude looks like a giant compared to the cast

Last edited:
And to add on to what JJ Watt said, the word "leadership" and Jay Cutler should NEVER be in the same sentence.

In reference to last night, GMS must have missed the dropped balls and guys running wrong routes.

i see cutler being brought up. agree with you, JJs. the only time cutler ever shows any emotion or fire is when he's *****ing someone out. anyone who's watched the pats knows that TB12 is constantly in that high intensity mode. i wouldn't even chaulk it up to having earned the right to do it, although you can make that case, but i think it's more that he's ALWAYS that intense and super competitive. he's used to running that offense at such a high level, that simple **** ups like last night set him off...cause they're simple mental mistakes (talking about running the wrong routes).

and he does ***** himself out. when he missed edelman and hit himself in the head, that was him blaming himself for missing edelman. he wasn't pissed that edelman's 4.9 40 speed couldn't get to that ball :lol:

EDIT: anyone who say his press conference saw him say he needs to be less demonstrative on the field. so he knows it's not a good look. but if those receivers come out and ball out next week (that's me hoping, i guess), than ***** it up on the field. cause it will have worked.

Last edited:
I didnt miss any of that but that is part of the point. Jay and tom berating a player for their mishap is exactly the same. EXACTLY. Unless you're going to say well brady's more successful and he should be listened too. And that is perception clouding judgement.

Brady can do whatever he wants I guess. But I don't agree with how he's handling it. Dropped balls are one thing.

Wrong routes? How the hell would we ever know?

Show some damn restraint. Speak with him on the sideline. Encourage him. This yelling nonsense is borderline childish. Giving off the impression that it's always someone else's fault besides his. There probably was a lot of routes run incorrectly out there given their youth, but truth is unless we are the coaches, we don't know what happened.

Robert Smith said Jonny Manziel is the most athletic QB in the NCAA and the NFL :lol: :smh:

Anyone else find this as absurd as I do?

I didnt miss any of that but that is part of the point. Jay and tom berating a player for their mishap is exactly the same. EXACTLY. Unless you're going to say well brady's more successful and he should be listened too. And that is perception clouding judgement.

So, Kobe berating a player is exactly the same as Andray Blatche doing the same thing?

Nah.

Robert Smith said Jonny Manziel is the most athletic QB in the NCAA and the NFL laugh.gifmean.gif

You can easily make a case for him being so, but there is a certain QB in Tallahassee who you could argue for as well.

I honestly don't find it absurd.

Last edited:
If your best player has led your team to 5 superbowls in 10 years as a player id listen to him. he knows what he's doing.

But if you haven't won ****, straight up suck week in and week out, and norhing youre doing is helping the team win (aka jay cutler) then you can go kick rocks.

See, but berating your teammates didn't help Tom Brady or Kobe win anything. It's not going to help Cutler either :lol:

I think that's the point. Just because you have all this hardware doesn't make your tirade or rant or stare-downs any more meaningful.

Last edited:
Y'all never had a boss that was hard on you?

Different leaders lead in different ways... Better believe Thompkins isn't going to forget what happened there and what TB wanted him to do.

I hate Brady with all the cells in my body but I got no issues with him letting into one of these youngn's after they screw up.  I bet you'd have to look real hard to find the last time Brady had 20 or more incompletion's in a game...

He made 2-4 bad throws that I saw but there were a tonnnn of balls off his WR's hands or that they weren't ready for when they should have been.

Dudes getting similar targets as Edelman but only pulling in 1/5th of his total...

So, Kobe berating a player is exactly the same as Andray Blatche doing the same thing?

Nah.

Robert Smith said Jonny Manziel is the most athletic QB in the NCAA and the NFL laugh.gifmean.gif

You can easily make a case for him being so, but there is a certain QB in Tallahassee who you could argue for as well.

Beratement is beratement, whether you clearly know more than player x or not. And maxelite brought up a good point that its counterintuitive to leadership. Donald driver came out and said arod wasnt a good leader because after games he wouldnt cover for his wrs. This dudeus actually mad because arod wouldnt own up to their mistakes. And this is just in the PC, arod didnt even berate his players on the field like that. If something like that is bad leadership (unfairly) how do think bradys players are taking it?

:smh: at this argument

Bradys always been this way , and looking at his history it works . leave it at that

People using Jay Cutler and Tom Brady in the same sentence. "Oh, it's the same." FOH, no it's not.

Cannot believe I'm in here defending this uggs wearing vagina. :smh:

They have a lot of hardware to show because they were better than everyone else.

Not by being overly emotional and showing up teammates/coaches. That part just equates to them being ********.

Jordan punches Kerr in the face. Not the same as berating I get it but everyone gives him a pass because it's Mike. If Barkley did that, he would just be an ********.

Last edited:

Nah.

Beratement is beratement, whether you clearly know more than player x or not. And maxelite brought up a good point that its counterintuitive to leadership. Donald driver came out and said arod wasnt a good leader because after games he wouldnt cover for his wrs. This dudeus actually mad because arod wouldnt own up to their mistakes. And this is just in the PC, arod didnt even berate his players on the field like that. If something like that is bad leadership (unfairly) how do think bradys players are taking it?

i'm asking because i legitimately have never heard it because i don't listen to packer PCs....but has he actually thrown people under the bus? or has just not taken full blame for a loss?

as far as TB12, in PCs, he never blames others. it's always "we". whether they win or lose, played awesome or terrible, it's always "we". some people say, well why does he never say, "i missed that throw". it's because he also never says, "i put the team on my back and won the game". it's always "we played great" or "we played lousy". it goes both ways. and i think he's consistent in that respect. i feel like rodgers is probably the same. i don't recall seeing him in front a mic saying, "man donald blew that game" or "our idiot kicker missed a fg".

Jordan punches Kerr in the face. Not the same as berating I get it but everyone gives him a pass because it's Mike. If Barkley did that, he would just be an ********.
Translation: I know this analogy sucks and doesn't apply but I'm just going to say it anyways.

If Dobson would have caught that 50+ yard bomb in stride like he should have, there would be no discussion. Brady would have been content, the rookies would have more confidence, and the Pats would have had momentum.

These young dudes will come around; its their second game :lol: **** takes a little while to get on the same page . I aint eem worried one bit. The fact they were getting seperation and Dobson was open downfield gives me confidence in these guys.

He wasn't leading anything he was throwing a fit. What Brady did last night was terrible IMO he wasn't just yelling he was throwing a temper tantrum. So because his team one 3 Super Bowls he can throw temper tantrums at rookie WRs?

People will see Brady how they WANT to see him. It will always be like that.

Dudes is soft talking about he's a meany for getting in dudes face :rolleyes

Y'all never play organized sports?

It happens from players and coaches.9

And people once questioned my reading comprehension.that's not my point at all. He can be that way no problem. It's that he gets treated differently and his hissyfits are called leadership. DA I dont know that what driver said.

i don't recall seeing him in front a mic saying, "man donald blew that game" or "our idiot kicker missed a fg".

It's funny you bring up the idiot kicker thing... you know why Peyton said that? It was in response to Vanderjagt saying this:

"I'm not a real big Colts fan right now, unfortunately. I just don't see us getting better," Vanderjagt started before questioning his coach's and Manning's passion.

"Coach Dungy, he's just a mild-mannered guy. He doesn't get too excited, he doesn't get too down and I don't think that works, either. ... I think you need a motivator, I think you need a guy that is going to get in somebody's face when they're not performing well enough."

Wait... what did he say?

I think you need a guy that is going to get in somebody's face when they're not performing well enough.

One more time... what did the NFL PLAYER say?

I think you need a guy that is going to get in somebody's face when they're not performing well enough.

So a professional football player says you need a guy to get in somebody's face, but some random dude on a message board says otherwise.

Tom is fine.

Wait...so people don't think of mike as an *** for punching Kerr?

And yea...that was a God awful analogy :lol:

Translation: I know this analogy sucks and doesn't apply but I'm just going to say it anyways.

My point about MJ is that ppl gave him a pass for that incident. If he hadn't won anything then the reaction to that might've been different.

You really think berating your teammates helps you win? Oh dude has rings so it must be working.

Great rationale.

And the good ol i must be soft argument or never played organized sports because I think throwing tantrums is weak

I'll let y'all live though

Enjoy the Brady party

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom