NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
what am I missing here? Only thing different on the throwback helmets are the decals and colors

My only guess is that throwback color schems and logos are on the older type helmets and the regular worn helmets are the newer style that they say helps prevent concussions which have already been prefitted to each players head specifically. It's the NFL though...You'd think they can afford new sets of helmets.

Last edited:
Jim Irsay tweeting a "big" trade is coming.

MJD?
nerd.gif
Didn't Irsay tweet this same **** last year?

What became of that?

And Pablo the NFL now wants teams to wear the same helmet all season. Their concern with throwback unis is that the new helmets introduced with them might not fit a player correctly and could lead to more head/neck injuries.

Teams could still wear their throwback unis, but must wear the helmets they wore to begin the season. The Bucs' creamsicle throwbacks don't match their pewter helmets which is why they scrapped them altogether.

Last edited:
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

For Tampa their regular helmets are pewter and throwbacks are white, my guess is that the throwback helmets haven't been broken in yet, which they have to be broken in for a month I think before they see the field.

what am I missing here? Only thing different on the throwback helmets are the decals and colors
My only guess is that throwback color schems and logos are on the older type helmets and the regular worn helmets are the newer style that they say helps prevent concussions which have already been prefitted to each players head specifically. It's the NFL though...You'd think they can afford new sets of helmets.

Jim Irsay tweeting a "big" trade is coming.

MJD?
nerd.gif
Didn't Irsay tweet this same **** last year?

What became of that?

And Pablo the NFL now wants teams to wear the same helmet all season. Their concern with throwback unis is that the new helmets introduced with them might not fit a player correctly and could lead to more head/neck injuries.

Teams could still wear their throwback unis, but must wear the helmets they wore to begin the season. The Bucs' creamsicle throwbacks don't match their pewter helmets which is why they scrapped them altogether.
The throwback helmets are made with new style/technology helmets but the pre-fitting makes sense. I guess they'll have to get approved before the season starts next year ( if thats even possible)

Last edited:
Holy ******g **** it's true.

I hate the Browns.

Trade away a shot at Julio
Draft a 29 year old rookie QB
Trade a top 5 pick 2 years in.

Freaking contract these idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom