NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like both Cris and Tom Jackson like to get on their soapboxes, but both of them were 100% spot on with what they were saying about Von.

I agree.

Over the last few seasons Tom tends to ramble sometimes.

Cris I expect it cause that's his personality.

But both were 100% right.

I understand the the argument that they are grown *** men and they need to take responsibilities for their actions.

I think one of the problems is that these athletes are coddled in college and often incidents like this are swept away and covered up for the benefit of the program.

Not to go with an extreme but look at Hernandez. Sad situation that maybe if he had a team that was willing to make an impact and maybe suspend him for 6 games or ect maybe or whatever I may be some young dudes lives wouldn't have been lost.

This might be shocking to some but a lot of players smoke green on the regular. And are in ties with these drug testers. They let them know in advance when and where the test will be held. I'm guessing Von just ran across a tight as who wanted to do things by the books and got ratted out.

Should I go with James Starks or Trent Richardson this week

Edit delete posted in wrong thread. (Feel free too answer if you would like too)

Last edited:
Vonathan :smh:

Sources said the collector worked in Miami, where Miller spends offseason time, and the collector reveled in knowing the Broncos linebacker while being, according to a source, "star struck." It led, sources said, to the collector's willingness to substitute another person's urine specimen for Miller. It might have worked, sources said, had a second collector not discovered that Miller was not in the city where his collection was supposed to have taken place.

"He's fast," one source said of Miller, "but he's not that fast."

Link

I'm glad merriweather got KOd like that **** hahah dude celebrated the first hit like he did something then a few plays later he was trying to pick himself up :lol:

Browns taking offers for Gordon and LIttle but trying to get Ben Tate :lol:. No shame in their game

Last edited:
chargers titans :smokin

these guys really hate each other. think it started with the shot on merriman few years back. hope bolts come out of this one healthy, this team has no depth

RT dj fluker out. + floyd out could be big for rivers.

Browns taking offers for Gordon and LIttle but trying to get Ben Tate :lol:. No shame in their game

Where'd you hear this?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45m
Browns covet Texans free-agent-to-be RB Ben Tate. Should Cleveland land Tate, it would have him and Indy's...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48m
Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

Where'd you hear this?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45m
Browns covet Texans free-agent-to-be RB Ben Tate. Should Cleveland land Tate, it would have him and Indy's...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48m
Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

Lord please.

Leshoure and a 4th. Do it Mitch

I was semi-cool with the Browns getting another 1st rounder for Trent since RB is the easiest position to replace but why in the hell would you trade Josh Gordon? Dude is actually really good and amazing for what his contract is worth. Him, Joe Thomas and Cameron are just about the only guys I would have thought would he untradeable for the Browns on offense.

I could have posted this in a number of threads, or just make it it's own...but check out these excerpts on Skip Bayless from a WaPo article via Deadspin (WaPo article link at bottom)

At his core, he’s a man of routine, and at the beginning of each week, he orders five days’ worth of chicken and broccoli (no sauce), his nightly dinners. Every weekend he stops by the same Manhattan deli and buys five sandwiches to bring back to his weekday home in Connecticut, his daily lunch. He’s a health nut who exercises twice a day. Every Sunday morning is church, every Friday is date night and every evening in between is the same: chicken and broccoli — and sports.

People don’t know who he is, Bayless concedes, and can’t fathom how much he’s sacrificed for this job, how he’s devoted every waking hour to winning made-for-TV sports debates. His daily routine is split between exercise — he’s 62 years old but has the body of a man half his age — and work. He’s divorced and childless and sees his good friends only once or twice a year. “No regrets,” he says. “This is my calling. I was born to do this.”

Skip Bayless, ESPN2 “First Take” co-host, may be the most hated man in sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom