NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaine Gabbert has a QB rating of 6.4 in the first half. You can't make this **** up. :lol: :lol: :x

Just for entertainment, lets look at what Kiper, McShay, and Mayock all thought of Blaine Gabbert before the draft.

Kiper:

"Blaine Gabbert. Lotta people comparing him to Drew Bledsoe coming out, but I don’t see it. I’m not buying into Gabbert. I know he runs a 4.65 at 6-5 and 235, and I give him credit for doing it with a poor receiving corps, but I think he’s shaky. You realize he completed only 38 percent of his throws 15 yards [and farther] downfield? And he was only 44 percent on third down, with six touchdowns and five interceptions?"

McShay:

"Let’s be clear that while Gabbert is a very good quarterback he is not on the same level Atlanta’s Matt Ryan and St. Louis’ Sam Bradford were coming out of college. Gabbert is a notch below that level, similar to where Detroit’s Matthew Stafford and the New York Jets’ Mark Sanchez were when they entered the league, but he certainly has the tools to become a solid NFL starter."

Mayock:

"I have Gabbert rated ahead of Newton as the 2011 draft's top QB prospect." Mayock, who also firmly states that Gabbert is a "franchise" quarterback,".

In the analysis, Mayock praises Gabbert's ability to manipulate coverages, whether it be via stepping up into the pocket, keeping his eyes down the middle of the field, or using the pump fake to freeze defenders and open up throwing lanes. Gabbert's arm strength is also mentioned as a big plus.

In terms of weaknesses, Mayock mentions just one: Gabbert's footwork, which he attributes to Missouri's spread offense limiting his exposure to taking drops. Mayock claims that roughly three out of every four of Gabbert's passes at Missouri did not require him to drop at all; he'd merely catch a shotgun snap, hitch and throw.

Last edited:

I can't ******g stand Schiano's zone BS. Fitz didn't have a catch all first half with Revis on him man to man, we switch to zone and he has two catches already.

and they've blown everyone's doors off...not like they're barely winning

they don't have many "tough" games. houston, KC, NE...that's about it

Lot like last year. Broncos fans should hope Fox is too smart to pull a Dungy the last couple weeks of the season.

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN
Steelers lost G Ramon Foster with a chest injury. he wont' return to the Vikings game.

Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
Roger Goodell has filed Missing Persons Report on James Harrison. Last seen n Pittsburgh uni. Can't fine a defender who never makes a tackle

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur
Pryor is inactive

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
#Lions CB Rashean Mathis out with concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom