NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of AP and McCoy there isn't a RB that matters they say.

Marshawn, Jamaal Charles, Sproles, Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, Frank Gore and Arian Foster don't matter they say.

Prime Faulk. He showed up when it mattered. :nerd:

So did LT
4593999.jpg

Marshawn, Jamaal Charles, Sproles, Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, Frank Gore and Arian Foster don't matter they say.

Man, look at the context of CPs quote.

Listen, fool, what CP was trying to say is simple: the day of the hard-nose, between the tackles, single featured back is fading. There will still be offenses that want, need, and use them... but as of today, dynamic backs and RBBC is where it's at.

Last edited:
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Teams like Seattle and San Fran are top teams, and they're at their best when they rely heavily on their feature backs. Minnesota just rode a RB into the playoffs. Many teams have gotten away from it, but these things are cyclical and I'm sure the feature back will return in the next decade.

Head injuries may limit Collie's impact. Flier option.

In terms of drafting impact, the RB trend has been clear. Gio and Lacy in the second. Ball even later. There's plenty of value. No more Ingram in the first. Not worth the investment for a position that peaks by 30. High turnover, potential for replacements.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Teams like Seattle and San Fran are top teams, and they're at their best when they rely heavily on their feature backs. Minnesota just rode a RB into the playoffs. Many teams have gotten away from it, but these things are cyclical and I'm sure the feature back will return in the next decade.

Look at your last line. A decade. :lol:

You are right, it is cyclical, and the time may come where the talent level comes back, and maybe some rule tweaks, etc, but for right now, it is a passing league by a WIDE margin.

Again, to look at a team like Baltimore and Pittsburgh go out and have guys throwin 50+ times, that's just insane.

Every week we have 400, 350 yard passers, and that's even in losses. It's one thing to have the Peyton's and Brady's and Brees' of the world throw for 400 in wins, but when Ben throws for 400 in a loss, or Eli 350 in a loss, etc, those are traditional running driven franchises. They have trophies based on running backs. And now they run a form of the run and shoot. :lol: :smh:

The drop off is going to grow too. Week by week we're going to see more and more passing, league wide. As you said, it may be a decade before we see multiple teams runnin the ball like the 90's and only 2-3 QB's putting up nintendo numbers, rather than the 20+ we're about to see this year.

Man, I don't know.

I love Faulk, but LT was somethin else. (until playoff time :lol: )

Emmitt and Barry in the 90's, with Thurman Thomas the overlooked one.

Thurman in today's game, **** you and forget about it. :smh: That was a bad bad man.

TD, eh, he was Denver product. I don't know if he shines on the 9ers, or Steelers, etc. He was just the perfect fit with Elway at the end of his career.

If we swapped LT and Faulk, and put LT on turf, that offense, I think he still hums like no other. Faulk in San Diego tho, (hmmm, college home) as an every down, more in between stuff, not the openeness of wide receivers everywhere, but would have Gates......too close to call for me. Obviously, given postseason, LT can't come to the party. I suppose that's where it would have to be decided.

the rams offense was faulk.. teams had to game plan for him 1st and foremost

he came out of the backfield and was a legit WR.. he wasnt a RB running routes.. he wasnt just limited to the usual stuff that is run for RBs when they come out of the backfield..

you could line him at the X, Y or Z spots

and on top of that he's what a top 10-15 RB of all-time based strictly on his rushing ability

Last edited:
Bucs owners are meeting with Schiano today. Wonder if he gets canned before the day is over.

a) is austin collie healthy? i know in general, no he isn't. but right now, is he healthy? :lol:
b) does this mean amendola's groin has disintegrated and that he will be out for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom