NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think Luck shouldnt have any blame cause his WRs definitely dropped easily catchable passes, ESPN/NBC doesn't have time to blame him, he has Peyton coming up, and combined with Jim Irsay Gilbert's comments, that's where the focus is. Dem ratings :pimp:

When the Colts lose in the playoffs and Luck throws a pick or two because he's running for his life because his line sucks the narrative is going to shift to how he isn't that good.

It won't be true that's just how the game works.

Last edited:
When the Colts lose in the playoffs and Luck throws a pick or two because he's running for his life because his line sucks the narrative is going to shift to how he isn't that good.

It won't be true that's just how the game works.

no, it won't. because logical fans know andrew luck is the goods. if he's running for his life, you don't think they'll do anything to exempt him from blame and shift it to the o-line?

Teams this year are winless in their next game after facing Seattle and averaging about 7 points in those games.

Physical.

I didn't see the MNF game. All I want to know is how many bad calls were made against SD. I was surprised as hell The NFL didn't let their golden boy score more points

i never liked that a team losing is never about the other team just outplaying them.

"oh we lost that game because this that and the third"

yeah? or maybe you lost because they did this that and the third to you

Instead of a great game plan put forth and followed by SD and the coaching staff.

You know what's funny?

Teams used to follow the exact same gameplan against another Colts QB. :lol: Wasn't it the Dolphins that controlled ToP like 45 minutes to 15 and still lost to the Colts back in like 2008?

Why have the Ravens given the Pats such fits over the years? They put Tom on his *** and control the ToP with the running game. It won't work every time, because Tom is just that good, but it's a damn good strategy to use.

I applaud the hell outta the Chargers.

Yep, that was us on a Monday night as well, we were grindin out 15 play drives so Peyton could throw 80 yard TD's on his first play. :lol: :smh:

What's even funnier about all this, Ryan Mathews won't have 100 yards total over the next month, but got it done on Monday. He prolly gonna be hurt before the first quarter is done on Sunday. :lol:

With Champ back and Von, Ayers and Woodyard coming back this week Luck might be in for a ruder awakening than he had against the Chargers.

Don't bring that "golden boy/ref cheating/collusion" bull **** you guys spew all year in the NBA thread into here :lol:

posted this in the Pats thread -- the current injury report is laughable . currently the following players are injured and not expected to play

Amendola
Vareen
Gronkowski
Connolly
Wilfork
Talib
Kelly
Mayo
Slater

that's 8 starters (Vareen technically isn't one) and 5 pro bowlers ...

they lead the league in salary cap dollars on the IR :smh: how my Pats are 5-1 is still lost to me :lol:

Cornball Brother Indeed

As good as Luck is and has been (he doesn't deserve blame for Monday night- that was the Chargers' gameplan), I understand the other argument as well.

Sometimes even great players can be overrated because the level of praise is SO adoring and folks are getting way ahead of themselves (see : early LeBron). Not saying we are there with Luck but I'm afraid we're on our way.

The team around him is legit good also.

I didn't see the MNF game. All I want to know is how many bad calls were made against SD. I was surprised as hell The NFL didn't let their golden boy score more points

Had I not seen the game, I would've asked the same, but the Chargers just played a very smart thorough game, and the Colts WRs had butter hands to kill drives. Refs are safe this week.

Last edited:
posted this in the Pats thread -- the current injury report is laughable . currently the following players are injured and not expected to play

Amendola
Vareen
Gronkowski
Connolly
Wilfork
Talib
Kelly
Mayo
Slater

that's 8 starters (Vareen technically isn't one) and 5 pro bowlers ...

they lead the league in salary cap dollars on the IR :smh: how my Pats are 5-1 is still lost to me :lol:

Hold up nah....Gronk STILL isn't gonna play??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom