NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope those early season losses to Seattle & Buffalo don't come back to bite us, considering we were in great spots to win both, but 4-3 with control of our season for a change feels good.
pimp.gif
Beat the Saints and the Niners and you'll be all good 
pimp.gif

Do have a tough schedule coming up.  I think the Panthers are legit though.  New Ron Rivera going for it on fourth down might just be what it takes.  You've probably seen DVOA has you guys scored way higher than your record.

Meanwhile, Schiano choosing to kick that field goal before the penalty is the ultimate coward's move.

Schiano isn't bothered by the losses. Hmmm, how fitting, since the losses shouldn't bother him when he's fired

I knew Schiano was a clown when he did that punk **** against the Giants last year. Some of those college coaches are not built for the NFL.

Whoever was controlling the cannon tonight was going ham :lol:

Glennon actually looked decent out there don't know why there's so much criticism, he did **** up a couple passes but for someone that's as wet behind the ears as him he showed some promise.

#Tank4Clowney is in full effect, Davin Joseph and Donald Penn are :x :x :x :x.

Last edited:
Buddy of mine spoke with a Bucs employee tonight that said the rumor the other employees are hearing is that our owners met with Bill Polian about becoming VP of Football Operations and that he would bring Dungy with him. Not sure if that would be in a John Elway-type role or as a coach.

Buddy of mine spoke with a Bucs employee tonight that said the rumor the other employees are hearing is that our owners met with Bill Polian about becoming VP of Football Operations and that he would bring Dungy with him. Not sure if that would be in a John Elway-type role or as a coach.

If true, that would be awesome.

Why would the Bucs hire a out of touch Polian, Bucs have plenty of talent they need a coach, qb, slot wr and a another corner

Re-watching the 2008 NFC Divisional game between the Cowboys-Giants...

First quarter done.

-Tom Coughlin with two boneheaded decisions in the first. Using Ahmad on 3rd & 2 when both he and Jacobs were plowing the Cowboys D. Even if Ahmad Bradshaw had been most recently doing well, doesn't mean you use him. He runs hard, especially early on, but that's Jacobs all the way.

-Challenging the T.O. touchdown. 0] Feet were clearly down.

Rest...

-Cowboys offense was MOVING... didn't watch the game live, had something going on. Interested in seeing what happened exactly.

-Amani Toomer? :lol: :pimp:

-DeMarcus Ware's huge tackle on Jacobs was crazy.

2nd Quarter Starting.

-Antonio Pierce trying to hurt people out there. Leading with his ******g head :rofl: :rofl: Dude dove on Romo, and then led with his head vs Barber III. :lol:

-Speaking of Marion Barber... 93 yards at the 7:11 second quarter point. :x

-Terry Glenn using the ball to hold himself up. Wow. Could've been an easy strip had R.W. McQuarters been closer.

-Corey Webster with one of the worst dropped easy picks I have ever seen.

-Romo and the Cowboys offense were 5/5 on that long drive near the middle-end of second quarter. Pretty impressive.

-Tony Sparano and Steve Spags in good graces :rofl:

-Damn. How good things were at the 0:53 mark. Cowboy fans seeing their team up 14-7, fourteen unanswered one stop away from having the ball to put a strangle hold on. Vaguely knowing the score, looks like it's about to be a rout from here on out.

Last edited:
Seems like it be a lose lose situation for Dungy can't see him coming back especially mid season to coach a winless team.

-DeMarcus Ware treated Kareem McKenzie like paranormal activity. Speed boost.

-Feagles was hall of faming, per usual. Those pins were spectacular.

-The Ross injury was extremely apparent through the first 3 quarters.

-You really realize how much boiling points can factor into a football game. This game is 17-14 through nearly three quarters and so many hits after the whistle resulting in 15 free yards.

-Patrick Crayton's drop on 3rd & 14 at the end of the 3rd quarter. A "remember this" moment. :nerd:

-Starting the Twilight Zone Quater for Wade Phillips.

4th Quarter.

-NOOOOOOO :rofl: Jacobs throwing the ball with so much determination at the play clock. *CLANG*

-Crayton's face that whole drive. Dude had the wide-eyes, realizing how big of a swing that was.

-They showed a different angle replay of the drop though in the 4th Quarter... what a god damn throw by Tony Romo. Fit it into a gap that seems pretty freaking undoable.

-Wow, Romo is straight herculean this early drive. Taking shots but completing a deep out route. Crayton with another drop, my god. Eh, redeemed himself on that 3rd down conversion where Corey Webster was guarding him. Another good throw off balance by Romo.

-Offensive Line of the Cowboys. :lol:

-R.W. McQuarters yankin on Crayton like Carlton Banks. :lol:

-The pressure by this Giants defense. Ballhawking. On that long loss, Strahan beat two guys, LBs everywhere. Amazing.

-NFC #1 seeds were 17-0 in the divisional game up to this point............

-70 yards of penalties for the Cowboys. Offensive line is ******g up. Penalties, giving no time on any play. You give credit to the Giants, but jesus. Crazy how Sparano actually earned a head coaching job after a pitiful performance like this.

-This last drive by the coaches and players is like a 13-year old girl reacting to her boyfriend dumping her. Complete mental breakdown, and panicked decisions. Holy **** this is hilarious and embarrassing.

-Anthony Wright's clown *** celebrating on the sideline. :rofl:

-Tony Romo, one last chance. This game was a battle the entire way. Almost didn't have the vibe of an upset, more like two seedless, division rivals hating each other with nothing else riding on it. Time of possession, huge.

-Jerry World on the field right NEXT to Wade. In what other sport would you see that except when they're about to win the title? :lol:

-Flozell didn't necessarily have a bad game at all. But he made mistakes at certain spots where nothing can go wrong.

Last edited:
Seems like it be a lose lose situation for Dungy can't see him coming back especially mid season to coach a winless team.

I don't know if it would happen now or after the season is over, and I don't know if he would be coaching or have some type of advisory front office position.

JP, I only skimmed that so far, but is that the same game where towards the end, right before the ball was snapped to Romo, Pierce called an audible and Romo threw it directly to one of the DBs? It may have been Webster who picked it off, not sure, but I remember it being one of the best defensive audibles I'd seen

:smokin :smokin :smokin

I just watched the Giants 2011 playoff run a few days ago. The games against Atlanta, GB and SF :smoking

I love going back and remembering the good days :lol:

Thanks for that kick in the balls, JPZ. Seriously.

:lol: :pimp:....I remember that morning going to work...I was still living at home in college and my step dad is a huge Cowboys fan..he used that car marker thing and put go Cowboys..and Giants suck all over my windows...the amount of **** talking done after RW came up with the int was on another level :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom