NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Brandon could be out there ending careers going for knockouts and now legs.

He's out there messing dudes livelihoods and careers.

Severe injuries are something that anyone who's played middle-school football and up knows is a possibility everytime you step on a football field.

There's NOTHING "stupid" and/or "dirty" about his style of play, I question whether some of you dudes have ever played football at a competitive level...

This isn't some new tackle B. Meri started, ala the "horse-coller" tackle that he's being stubborn about not taking out of his arsenal, launching yourself at dudes running across the middle jarring the ball loose as soon as they touched the ball used to be an appreciated art :smh:

Calling for someone's job and banishment from that field of work is as personal as it gets, Marshall got exactly what he deserved, I salute B. Meri for his come-back :pimp:

Last edited:
I love what TO said about Dez. Same thing I felt watching all these talk shows. Funny almost every black anchor was on Dez side and every white guy was against him

but analysts all got on jay cutler for doing his sideline antics. were black anchors on jay's side back then too? or are they only backing dez?

I love what TO said about Dez. Same thing I felt watching all these talk shows. Funny almost every black anchor was on Dez side and every white guy was against him

What did he say?

And what do people say about his own teammates yelling at him? Romo stuck up for him, but what about Witten and Ware firing back on the sideline? Both were obviously trying to get through to Dez about something. Is Witten wrong to yell at Dez because he's white and does Ware have every right to because he's black?

dcfing.gif

I like this dude. That's a true Raiders coach :lol:

Reminds me of Gruden :lol:

No idea that leadin with your Helmet and using the crown was a football move.

Who knew :lol:

I played all 4 years in HS, DE / TE.

I was thought to run thru your man while wrapping up and head up to avoid injury to yourself and the player.

*shrug*

So as a DE, you're telling me if the defensive call is for you too fall back into coverage and spy the QB... Your watching the QB's eyes... A 5'9 cat that runs a 4.4 is running an underneath route heading your way and the QB floats the ball a bit an upon this dude catching it running full speed at you, instead of running through this cat you're going to try to break down and form tackle this dude?
You'd be food 9 times out of 10.

Dudes be frontin just to try and prove a point sometimes :smh:

So as a DE, you're telling me if the defensive call is for you too fall back into coverage and spy the QB... Your watching the QB's eyes... A 5'9 cat that runs a 4.4 is running an underneath route heading your way and the QB floats the ball a bit an upon this dude catching it running full speed at you, instead of running through this cat you're going to try to break down and form tackle this dude?

Dudes be frontin just to try and prove a point sometimes
mean.gif
Nah dude we were taught to hit with your head and knock yourself unconscious brah

#toughguys***

Anyway there's plenty examples of giving a guy a hard hit over the middle or making a play on the ball without doing what Brandon Meriweather does.

Last edited:
Tonights game will be closer than a lot of people think. If the Rams can limit the big play (20 yards+) and run the ball which I think they can do they can win this game. Gotta tackle skittles though easier said than done.

Last edited:
Tonights game will be closer than a lot of people think. If the Rams can limit the big play (20 yards+) and run the ball which I think they can do they can win this game. Gotta tackle skittles though easier said than done.

Maybe. a back up QB and no fans in the dome isn't going to help STL

mean.gif

I agree, ive played my whole life including college, if youre playing safety and someone is running down the seam and the ball is going to him youre not gonna form tackle youre gonna hit this dude to dislodge that ball and prevent him from catching it, honestly gonna try and take his head off, thats how everyone is taught to play the game when they are young...

mean.gif
Who's fronting?You asked if I played, said yes.
Now you wanna sit here and have a JJ Watt
With Gruden sit down.
Your over here trying to justify leading with the crown of your helmet.
Talking about dropping back and schemes and what not
laugh.gif
Where do they teach to lead with the helmet?
Or to launch yourself with the crown of your helmet?
Cause that's how Meriweather makes those "big hits".
Giving a basic scenario of how these new sissy rules could cause you (since you claim to have played DE in HS) to second guess yourself or receive a penalty by simply attempting to make a tackle and prevent the opposition from advancing the ball by any means necessary is all of a sudden too deep for you to get into?

Prime example of the scenario I brought up earlier, which based off of impact and the offensive player's reaction would more than likely cause a flag;

"but it's dangerous, it causes life-long head trauma"

Oh yes, these dudes having issues post football were all due to their play on the football...

Not the drugs, genetics, alcohol or god know what else what else they put in their body during their prime years... it was football.

Last edited:

Giving a basic scenario of how these new sissy rules could cause you (since you claim to have played DE in HS) to second guess yourself or receive a penalty by simply attempting to make a tackle and prevent the opposition from advancing the ball by any means necessary is all of a sudden too deep for you to get into?

Prime example of the scenario I brought up earlier, which based off of impact and the offensive player's reaction would more than likely cause a flag;

"but it's dangerous, it causes life-long head trauma"

Oh yes, these dudes having issues post football were all due to their play on the football...

Not the drugs, genetics, alcohol or god know what else what else they put in their body during their prime years... it was football.

laugh.gif
  Or you could just post a video of the ACTUAL dumb-*** hits Meriweather is being fined for, including the one where he literally knocks himself out.  But only sissies be standing conscious after a play.

And if this is so essential to the football game, why is he such a bad safety anyway?  You'd think since he's laying down fear on all these receivers he'd be doing way better than those sissies like Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Eric Weddle, you know, those guys who actually know how to play football.

Last edited:
:lol:   Or you could just post a video of the ACTUAL dumb-*** hits Meriweather is being fined for, including the one where he literally knocks himself out.  But only sissies be standing conscious after a play.

And if this is so essential to the football game, why is he such a bad safety anyway?  You'd think since he's laying down fear on all these receivers he'd be doing way better than those sissies like Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Eric Weddle, you know, those guys who are tackling properly. 
Only one of the hits he made against the Bears was illegal. He hit Marshall with a forearm to the face mask. He did launch himself into Bennett though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom