NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Luck has 10 game-winning drives in 4th quarter/overtime, the most by a QB in his first 2 seasons in Super Bowl era
Barwin_original.gif
whole team deserved to lose just because of dudes haircut 
mean.gif

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1m Garafolo: "Multiple sources told me Martin's camp informed Dolphins and NFLPA that Incognito sent threatening and racially charged texts"

Dude is a loser

Some guys are not built for confrontation.

Incognito is a known scumbag in the league. Dirty plays, cheap shots, excessive force, unnecessary roughness penalties.

Reports are Richie texted racially charged threats towards Martin. Mentioned his family.

Other veterans in Miami have been accused of making rookies pay big dinner bills, like 3K a night.

Martin is specifically linked to helping pay a 15K travel expense for or involving Richie.

That's beyond hazing. And other players should have defended Martin. Or coaches. Philbin apparently doesn't run a tight ship.

I'd be shocked if winning locker rooms like the Ravens recently or Pats historically allowed this type of behavior being reported out of Miami.

Even the NYG story with Prince rubbed me the wrong way. You guys are in the trenches together.

Carrying pads like Heap had to do, fine.

Look at the Fins roster, no name jumps out as an established, universally respected locker room veteran leader.

And Richie. Dude, Martin plays right next to you in the trenches. Like literally LT and LG. You guys are going to war in the athletic sense every week. That would make me want to be brothers, not enemies.

Chad right though, at the end of the day Martin a grown man how you gonna let someone tell you gonna pay for something. Look how Dez handled whats his name a few years back :lol: People were quick to say Dez should have took it :rolleyes

How often does confrontation solve anything though? Do you think Richie would have simply stopped if Martin said that he did wasn't going to stand for his BS anymore? What if they got into a fight and Richie won? Would that make matters worse?

Martin was treated for a mental breakdown. Which leads me to believe there is a strong possibility of a mental illness/depression at hand. I don't think Martin wasn't weak at all; he had no outlet to voice his frustrations and it sure seemed like the locker room didn't have his back.

Martin has a Stanford education for what it's worth. I tend to side with that rationale and thought process over Incognito's brash attitude and behavior.

How often does confrontation solve anything though? Do you think Richie would have simply stopped if Martin said that he did wasn't going to stand for his BS anymore? What if they got into a fight and Richie won? Would that make matters worse?

Martin was treated for a mental breakdown. Which leads me to believe there is a strong possibility of a mental illness/depression at hand. I don't think Martin wasn't weak at all; he had no outlet to voice his frustrations and it sure seemed like the locker room didn't have his back.

Dez didn't fight anyone. He just simply stood his ground and said No. Look these guys are adults and while he may have some issues, he's been playing football for a long time and knows how the locker room roles. Somebody try and tell you pay they bill you can just say **** off and keep it pushing. No one said anything about fighting.

Dez didn't fight anyone. He just simply stood his ground and said No. Look these guys are adults and while he may have some issues, he's been playing football for a long time and knows how the locker room roles. Somebody try and tell you pay they bill you can just say **** off and keep it pushing. No one said anything about fighting.

He probably could have. You only mentioned one single isolated incident though. This seems to me a culmination of repeated events that made Martin flip his switch. I don't think making Martin paying one bill is going to make him break down. Incognito is notorious for this type of behavior plus a plethora of other issues and he pushed Martin to the edge. Should he have confronted him? Maybe, but we don't know how that would have ended and as Champ noted, not everyone can handle confrontation. If my assumption is correct that Martin suffers from depression then there is nothing wrong with seeking help from others, whether he is looking for treatment or for people to defend him. A person with a mental illness isn't wired like the rest of us; Martin standing up to Incognito wouldn't necessarily solve all his problems, especially since we don't know his personal life and what he could have went through psychologically when he was younger. It's not a simple fix like many assume it to be.

I would venture a guess that Martin has confidence or self-esteem issues.

Anyone in the Miami area have inside information or reports?

I feel bad for Martin and I do fully believe he's the victim in this case.

Football is a sport, a game. Not worth harming human beings over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom