NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

indifferent.gif
let karma catch up to him 
calm down bro i wasn't trying to take a shot at anybody if that is what you were thinking. that's actually what it looked like.

Rams get top pick, trade for 3 more first rounders?

Seriously though, if they don't go QB (which they could consider), I think they take Matthews or whatever other top OT in the 5-6 range, then grab a safety (Ha-Ha?) with their own pick.

Ridiculous blue-chip draft talent.

I hate seeing the refs impact a game like that, and I hope there are repercussions for that crew.  But considering they converted the first down right away and then gave the ball to the Giants afterwards, what difference did the call ultimately make?

That's not the point, RG3 wouldn't have threw a 20 yr old pass if it was 3rd down. Whole different set of play calling would of been in effect. Maybe he still would of give the ball away but the refs are never suppose to be a factor in a game.

NFL refs make bad calls all the time, they need to be held accountable

they won't because it mars the legitimacy of the league in general. there's little motivation to really fix things

i don't want to see any more games where the refs play a heavy hand in stupid decisions that may affect the outcome

for me, football is almost to the point where it's become just slightly more entertaining than baseball (a sport i detest more than any other) because of the refs' incompetence (as well as a large # of players' negative behavior)

Last edited:

I agree they have to be accountable in some form. Its ridiculous that games get decided because of things like this.

He sounded like he had $$$ on the line.

Al Michaels is a HEAVY gambler. Next time he announces, take a close listen he always mentions something about a line. lol

I hate Garcon.

Me too. He drops easy stuff all the time and he then makes ridiculous catches. Straight up Chris Chambers style. lol

they won't because it mars the legitimacy of the league in general. there's little motivation to really fix things

i don't want to see any more games where the refs play a heavy hand in stupid decisions that may affect the outcome

IDK how these players can keep their composure. I would be so tempted to lay a ref out, for how terrible they have been this year :lol:

:lol: @ Shannahan asking the ref for a measurement and was told "No need, its a 1st down" and then one play later, the sticks say "4" and Shannahan asks "I thought it was a 1st down" and the Refs hit him with the stone face :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate seeing the refs impact a game like that, and I hope there are repercussions for that crew.  But considering they converted the first down right away and then gave the ball to the Giants afterwards, what difference did the call ultimately make?

That's not the point, RG3 wouldn't have threw a 20 yr old pass if it was 3rd down. Whole different set of play calling would of been in effect. Maybe he still would of give the ball away but the refs are never suppose to be a factor in a game.

I have no clue how everyone seems to be missing this point :lol:

Garcon maybe still gets stripped or still has another crucial drop but they're not going for a twenty yard pass to Fred Davis with that much time left on a 3rd and 1.

I doubt that the Skins would have won the game, but the refs REALLY ****** up with the chains/downs debacle. That blown call altered what the offense would have run. Anyways, I'm glad RG3 played better. From this point on, I hope he can do like Cam Newton did in his 2nd year, and finish the year strong. WRs did RG3 NO help. Especially Garcon. Not sure what was up with him yesterday, but it was his worst game as the Skins. Ran the wrong route in the RZ, big drop, and the fumble.

*Gregg Williams back to DC next year...rumors heating up.

Last edited:

I have no clue how everyone seems to be missing this point :lol:

Garcon maybe still gets stripped or still has another crucial drop but they're not going for a twenty yard pass to Fred Davis with that much time left on a 3rd and 1.

No one misses the point, it's simple. They would have called different plays. I don't care, it's not like they went for the end zone on both plays. Davis and Garçon had a first down. If I was a Red skins fan, I would be more upset with my team and those plays than the refs

Lavar Arrington said it best. Red skins lost that game at the end, it was in their own hands twice

Last edited:
You're missing the point entirely. The play with Fred Davis doesn't happen if they're on 3rd and 1 and not going into it thinking they're 1st and 10.

Your logic is completely flawed. So because they're not going for the red zone, the refs get a pass?

Fans should be mad at Garcon for getting stripped. But be extremely livid at the refs for putting you in that 4th down conundrum to begin with.

My logic is flawed? Two first down passes were completed. I'm not gonna blame the refs. They messed up but Washington had two chances and messed both up. Refs all said it wasn't a first but one. One of them said move the chains. I wouldn't blame the L on that ref but you can if it makes you feel better

Last edited:
I'm not a ******** or a Giants fan, I could not care less who won or who gets the blame or if both "bark with no bite" teams decided to forfeit the rest of the season.

Your stiffy for the Skins losing and seeing RG3 struggling is letting you give the refs a pass. No point in going back and forth with you :lol:

My logic is flawed? Two first down passes were completed. I'm not gonna blame the refs. They messed up but Washington had two chances and messed both up. Refs all said it wasn't a first but one. One of them said move the chains. I wouldn't blame the L on that ref but you can if it makes you feel better

No one is blaming the loss on the refs, bro. However, what people are upset about is the fact that the officiating crew had a HUGE blunder that most likely affected the play-calling on the Skins part. Seeing how they did in the clutch vs. the Vikings and Eagles, I highly doubt they would have won...still doesn't take away the fact that the refs ****** up big time.

^ my stiffy?

-Griffin had his best game of the season.
-My Giants aren't going to the playoffs. I don't give a **** if they win or lose, season is over
-If it were the Giants that had those two drops and an error by the refs, I wouldn't give a damn. I would be upset with the players and not the refs. If Fred or Pierre make that catch, who's crying about the refs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom