NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.....tired of people using obscure stats to say a > b

this washington situation is hilarious though 

Luck>RG3 its that simple

Winning helps, doe :lol:

No one would be overly concerned with RG3's stats if the team was 8-5 like the Colts.

Year 3 is going to be HUGE. My hope is that he links up w/ Cam Newton this summer and picks his brain. Cam finished on a high note (which RG3 apparently won't have the chance to do), but he had some real trials and tribulations in his 2nd year...much like RObert.

Preach. 34-6 as Stanford HC. Does things the right way. Pound the rock, control TOP. Mistake free football from your QB/leader. Stout defense. Disciplined team philosophy.

As far as Shaw...

godfather_08_make_you_offer.jpg

Make him an offer he can't refuse...

Appreciate the love for Zim. One of the best DC's in football.

Surprised Cowher, Billick, Gruden have stayed on their coaches (or in studio) this long.

They have good high paying lush jobs, Billick and Cowher aren't built for 2013 if hear all the outdated philosophies they spew.

my personal views on rg3 is he's being put in a position to fail.. from the top down in that organization

snyder is and will always be more concerned about making the flashy decision over the right decision (look at his continually signing big name guys).. then you have him empower and enabling a 2nd year guy

with both shanahans, they are setting him to take beatings game in and game out.. then their personnel isnt that great (see what they signed gacon and morgan to)

to continue with my belief that RG3 has a similar skillset as steve young (and who shanahan and co should have been looking at when planning for RG3).. check how things worked out for young during his time with the bucs

I feel bad for RG3 and legit hope he gets traded. Not easy for a young person to succeed trying to grow in this type of situation.

So you're telling me David Shaw is being Doug Christie'd.

Herb: Billick and Cowher have a SB victory apiece. If you hire them, you have to believe their past history and success will allow for adaptation to the modern game. They bring immense football knowledge and understanding of the game, plus they have networks/connections to fill a strong staff.

I'd rather those two than a recycled, unsuccessful, failed HC or sometimes unproven commodities from CFB like Spurrier in WSH and Saban in MIA.

Preach. 34-6 as Stanford HC. Does things the right way. Pound the rock, control TOP. Mistake free football from your QB/leader. Stout defense. Disciplined team philosophy.
speaking of pounding the rock.. i saw this when i was reading something on the eagles and didnt even realize it..

the eagles have attempted 408 passes.. and attempted 417 rushes

andy reid is rolling over in his grave

my personal views on rg3 is he's being put in a position to fail.. from the top down in that organization

snyder is and will always be more concerned about making the flashy decision over the right decision (look at his continually signing big name guys).. then you have him empower and enabling a 2nd year guy

with both shanahans, they are setting him to take beatings game in and game out.. then their personnel isnt that great (see what they signed gacon and morgan to)

to continue with my belief that RG3 has a similar skillset as steve young (and who shanahan and co should have been looking at when planning for RG3).. check how things worked out for young during his time with the bucs

To be fair, Snyder has been pretty much hands-off for the past 3/4 seasons. He hasn't made a huge splash in FA since the Haynesworth debacle.

However, a lot of your points are valid tho. He's got to hit a HR with the next coach. Gave up WAY too much to have this blow up in his face.

Nathan Zegura  ‏@NathanZegura2m

Josh Gordon needs 407 yards over the final 3 games to set the ALL TIME NFL Record for receiving yards per game in a single season.

eek.gif

if he does this after missing 2 games.. playing with those QBs.. and the browns lack of talent on that side of the ball..

I can't believe looking back I was wrong thinking McNabb was just trying to create a rift

I like when Shannahan gets red on the sideline. That, plus his facial expression..
laugh.gif

RGIII, you should have listened to McNabb when he tried to warn you....sucka 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
on the mcnabb and rg3 situation
nerd.gif
Prior to the start of last season, Donovan McNabb tried to contact RGIII, I suppose to offer some insight on dealing with Shannahan. He never got a response from RGIII
laugh.gif
. He curved him, now he sees first hand what Donovan was trying to explain to him possibly.

Not sure what Shaw's recruiting class looks like but he's losing A LOT of talent to the NFL in May

Last edited:
I feel bad for RG3 and legit hope he gets traded. Not easy for a young person to succeed trying to grow in this type of situation.

Why feel sorry for a guy who is all about himself and not the team? RG3 is so wrapped up in himself and how he doesnt want to look bad, i wouldnt be suprised if he asked mike to shut him down for the year...

Nathan Zegura ‏@NathanZegura2m

Josh Gordon needs 407 yards over the final 3 games to set the ALL TIME NFL Record for receiving yards per game in a single season.

:wow:

if he does this after missing 2 games.. playing with those QBs.. and the browns lack of talent on that side of the ball..

Guy is a monster. When/if (it's the Browns) he gets a real QB..... :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

No doubt in my mind he'll set that record.

I went from being a fan of RG3 to thinking he's just a diva who will fizzle out w/o his legs

He looks terrible as a pocket passer this year

Agreed. Loved the guy last season. Think he deserves everything coming to him now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom