NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not even Brady vs Manning, its the idea that this game means nothing to their respective legacies. It means a lot.

I can agree with that. All this legacy talk can get silly, but if we're being honest then we know tomorrow when we turn on the TV, we'll hear all the yammering about Brady going to his 6th Super Bowl game and Manning yet again falling short. While I think more is involved, it being the ultimate team game, it sill becomes increasingly harder to have Manning over Brady.

Difference is Brady won't have to win the Super Bowl if they do win. If the Broncos win then simply getting there won't be enough. SB would be a must win.

Last edited:
Totally agree; if Peyton beats Brady and wins the SB then he leapfrogs Brady IMO

Probably 1-2 and two anyway but they are still changeable

Exactly. This game is huge. Acting like it means nothing is just a cop out incase your favorite QB loses :lol:

About to pick drinks and grub up for the games right now while working off a rediculous hangover. I feel like poo right now smh

How could yall drink heavy last night knowing what type of day today is ? :smh: :smh:

Better than waking up hungover on a Monday, doe :lol:

:stoneface: :stoneface:

Why dont they just retire then ?

LMAO WHAT?!?!?

Who does that!?

Of course it adds to the legacy but by how much?

Win or lose they are still on the short list of GOATS.

This won't make or break they're legacy to anyone who follows football

It's been 8 years since the Broncos and 'Hawks have been in this spot. Hopefully we hold up on our end and our teams meet in Jersey this time.

Gonna go do damage to my liver y'all. Good luck.

LMAO WHAT?!?!?

Who does that!?

Of course it adds to the legacy but by how much?

Win or lose they are still on the short list of GOATS.

This won't make or break they're legacy to anyone who follows football

I know how great the Patriots/TB12 have been.

But as a dude who has been rooting for them since birth, i NEED Tom and Bill to win another one. A SB not tainted by Spygate. I know they would have won those Chips regardless. But not everyone knows that. Im not going to sit here and act like Spygate doesnt bother me, because it does.

Time is running out for Tom.

I don't know about you guys, but if Peyton loses he's behind Tebow for me.

Tebow has proven to be a much greater winner on every level when he's gotten the chance.

Last edited:
About to pick drinks and grub up for the games right now while working off a rediculous hangover. I feel like poo right now smh

I do too; I didn't even go out but we made dinner and drank at my girlfriend's last night but I am going to will myself today

peeped HBO's True Detective which I HIGHLY recommend y'all check out :pimp:

Last edited:
I do too; I didn't even go out but we made dinner and drank at my girlfriend's last night but I am going to will myself today

peeped HBO's True Detective which I HIGHLY recommend y'all check out
pimp.gif
First episode was great.  Looking forward to the second one tonight, I hope the mystery itself stays interesting and not just the atmosphere.

That is, if I can stay awake that long.  Bitterly hungover after a bar date.  I should go back to sleep, but it's too late now...

I don't know about you guys, but if Peyton loses he's behind Tebow for me.

Tebow has proven to be a much greater winner on every level when he's gotten the chance.
So if Russell comes up short today, is he well on his way to being a modern day McNabb for you as well?

Last edited:

I think Russell Wilson easily has the greatest legacy of any QB left in the playoffs.

I mean think about it
I don't believe any of this obviously, since it seems like that had to be pointed out.

Last edited:
Its not even Brady vs Manning, its the idea that this game means nothing to their respective legacies. It means a lot.

And i expect the AFC to win the SB.

if neither of them wins a ring this year, today's game has no implication on their legacies. the fact that brady "owns" PM in the playoffs yet this is still a debate points to the fact that regardless of the outcome today, there's never gonna be an agreement on who has the greater legacy

This. Winning another SB will elevate these dudes. Not getting there cuz you beat your rival.

Peyton's up there in the top 5-10 regardless of what happens the rest of his career.

If he don't win another Super Bowl the playoff track record will be the one criticism of him and its justified in my opinion because he's been the qb on teams that lost to inferior opponents alot of times.

If he wins this year and goes on a deep playoff run next season or just wins another Super Bowl period I think it sort of cements his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom