NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could care less what Sherms did last night post game, personally wouldn't do it ... but he sure will look like a fool if Peyton has success against him and his secondary. To me its stupid on his part, a little smack talk is cool but he basically set a target on his back. Essentially he is making himself a target so now if he ever has a down game or if they lose the superbowl the media is going to turn it to "where is the talking now?" and he's not gonna be able to say anything when or if he sees the confetti coming down on Peyton and co.

He's been acting like this. Nothing new.

People are still talking about the Seahawks being a "different team on the road"? Isn't that old by now? there is a different, but I'm pretty sure they went 13-3 this season.

its the same thing with the peyton cant play in the cold talk..

people hear it somewhere nd gonna repeat it over nd over..

couple NTers who have went ghost are guilty! :nerd:  

Its actually the exact thing :lol: Peyton is 11-11 in the playoffs now, and got some revenge on Brady. I'm pulling for him to finish 11-12 obviously :D

he's in his 3rd year, but let's face it, you can't simulate game speed. so all that learning you can say he did on the bench is cool, but it's still a whole new ballgame when you actually step onto the field. he's still making mistakes that young QBs face, but those can be fixed with more reps.

my biggest concern (not knowing the entirety of the situation) is the 49ers salary cap. i think willis and bowman are already paid, what about when aldon smith and kaep come up for new deals :nerd:

laugh.gif
@ Belicheck referring to Welker as "the receiver".

Dat salt.

He's been acting like this. Nothing new.
Yea I know but he never had the media spotlight like he did last night. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure after a rough game when a WR goes at his neck after a big game. After all the NFL is a passing league and every cb has his day even Revis, will Sherms be able to handle the pressure? I think he has just created such a huge target for himself, he is bound to fail one day possibly in two weeks and you know the WR(s) that do so are going to come at him hard.

People don't like Kap cause of 49ers fans.
it certainly doesn't help that the 49er fanbase make it difficult for people outside of that fanbase to like kaepernick, but he's also the epitome of jock bro culture, which a lot of people are turned off by. other than possessing an enormous ego and reminding you of the kid who got nothing but tap out/mma themed shirts in his wardrobe, that he seems to be a good kid

he's a talented player - great running with the ball and more than capable passing it. he brought his team down the field when they needed it and almost managed to win the game yesterday. can't really fault him for that at all. he's a lot better than i think people generally give him credit for

as glad as i was that he was humbled by the loss, i also like the way he accepted that defeat. he seemed to grow up a lot in the matter of a few hours he was on that field

he's in his 3rd year, but let's face it, you can't simulate game speed. so all that learning you can say he did on the bench is cool, but it's still a whole new ballgame when you actually step onto the field. he's still making mistakes that young QBs face, but those can be fixed with more reps.

my biggest concern (not knowing the entirety of the situation) is the 49ers salary cap. i think willis and bowman are already paid, what about when aldon smith and kaep come up for new deals
nerd.gif
Bolded.....It's nice to see people can look past their hatred for a player/team and actually make an objective, logical point.  This is basically the point I was alluding to when I was saying you cant just say Kap is a 3rd year player when he has 1.5 years of game experience.  Repped.

As far as the unbolded is concerned, yeah we are going to have to make some big decisions.  We have a lot of our core players locked up (Willis, Bowman, Brooks, Vernon, Gore, Staley, Davis) but there are quite a few players that need contract extensions too.  Boldin, Whitner, Goodwin and Brown are all free agents now.  And Kaepernick, Crabtree, Aldon and Iupati have one year left on their deals. 

I think we will cut Rogers in the offseason (I hope), and that will save us $8M.  Not sure if Whitner or Goodwin will be back.  That would save us like $8M.  I want to say Boldin will be back, but who knows.  I hope we re-sign him, but if not, there's another $6M we will save.  Plus, I could totally see Vernon and Gore restructuring a little bit.  We will have money to spend on re-signing our own guys. 

:lol: @ Belicheck referring to Welker as "the receiver".

Dat salt.

Well, Welker did cost the Patriots a SB and then another SB appearance with his butter finger hands. Then he bounces on the Pats in the offseason to ride Peyton's coattails to the promised land. Then he intentionally takes out Talib. Welker wasn't even looking to make a play on the ball. Didn't even glance in Peyton's direction. It was a dirty play.

**** Welker. Dude is finished in the NFL either this season or next anyway. He owes his whole career to BB.

Last edited:
I think Kaep comes off as a douche and 49er fans make it even harder to like him. But to say he isn't going to get better is just plain ******ed. The 49ers/Seahawks rivalry is gonna be the most intense rivalry in the league in the coming years.

:lol: @ Belicheck referring to Welker as "the receiver".

Dat salt.

Well, Welker did cost the Patriots a SB and then another SB appearance with his butter finger hands. Then he bounces on the Pats in the offseason to ride Peyton's coattails to the promised land. Then he intentionally takes out Talib. Welker wasn't even looking to make a play on the ball. Didn't even glance in Peyton's direction. It was a dirty play.

**** Welker. Dude is finished in the NFL either this season or next anyway. He owes his whole career to BB.

But what about the same play NE ran that took DRC out earlier. Are we only talking about Wes because Talib got hurt and DRC came back after a few snaps?

I find it hilarious that Seahawks fans can put their hatred of the 49ers and Kap aside, and can actually be objective and logical when discussing him more so than other fans.  Irony at its best. 

Anyway, I am done discussing Kap right now.  You guys obviously dont like him, and thats fine.  He was in position to win the game for us yesterday, and didnt get it done. 

The 49ers/Seahawks rivalry is gonna be the most intense rivalry in the league in the coming years.

It will definitely be good BUT both teams are gonna lose a lot of there players due to money. They had a chart up a few weeks ago how much money the stars on Seattle is making.Almost that whole defense is making under a mil so I'm thinking after these big numbers they've put up over the last few seasons, a few of them will be out.

Here we go with the Monday morning prognosticators :smh:
Dude was the hottest QB down the stretch. Played great ball during the 8 game winning streak. Just with Kaep....you always hold your breath when he makes a play...Good or bad.

When was he the hottest QB down the stretch? I don't recall this

During the 8 game win streak from.the end to the regular season up until yesterday he had the #3 rated QBR

The 49ers/Seahawks rivalry is gonna be the most intense rivalry in the league in the coming years.

It will definitely be good BUT both teams are gonna lose a lot of there players due to money. They had a chart up a few weeks ago how much money the stars on Seattle is making.Almost that whole defense is making under a mil so I'm thinking after these big numbers they've put up over the last few seasons, a few of them will be out.

True. But when they release Rice and Miller a ton of money will be freed up which will help us keep Thomas and Sherman. Plus Peter and Jonathon have proven to be able to Draft nobodies on defense that turn into ballers.

True. But when they release Rice and Miller a ton of money will be freed up which will help us keep Thomas and Sherman. Plus Peter and Jonathon have proven to be able to Draft nobodies on defense that turn into ballers.

Yeah, y'all will keep some but I was blown away by that ESPN chart. Wish I could find it. I couldn't believe how many of them were making so little.

Peter and Jonathan :lol:

Welker "bounced on the Pats"? Could've sworn Brady had his contract restructured in an effort to free up money to keep him, only for them to pay Amendola more money than the Broncos even offered to Welker.

Last edited:
Peter and Jonathan :lol:

Welker "bounced on the Pats"? Could've sworn Brady had his contract restructured in an effort to free up money to keep him, only for them to pay Amendola more money than the Broncos even offered to Welker.

The Pats offered Welker more guarunteed money than Denver did.

And of course they weren't going to break the bank for Welker, who is obviously on the decline. He could have stayed, he preferred the easy route. Reminds me a little of Ray Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom