NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
this TD slander :smh:

his 1st 4 years before he tore his knee and was never the same. lulz putting alexander and holmes in the same sentence.

to expand on those first 4 yrs of terrell davis's career:

season

61 games
6413 yards (105 yards average per game)
1 td average per game (56 rush, 5 receiving)

playoffs

8 games
1140 yards (142 yards average per game)
12 tds (1.5 average per game)

nfl mvp
superbowl mvp
2 time superbowl champion

the only knock on him is that he had a short career due to injury. what could have been :smh:

Supposedly Jim Miller was the one who voted for Brady for MVP.

What a tool.

Dude trying to bring attention to himself. SMH

Dan Marino wishes he had a Terrell Davis while he was around. :nerd:

Plus I didn't see anybody knocking Emmitt Smith while he was running behind the wall of China during Dallas' dynasty so why should we knock Shaun Alexander for running behind a great offensive line?

Do we knock Arian Foster for running behind a then all pro caliber left side when they were good? :nerd:

Not surprised that Peyton Manning did not win the MVP award unanimously. I'm not sure about Brady getting the lone other vote, though. Has anyone won the award unanimously before? I don't think Brady won it unanimously in his 2007 season, which was more impressive IMO given the win streak. So I don't think it's crazy that Peyton's MVP was not unanimous. 

Last edited:
What I wouldn't give for Richard Sherman to pull a Eugene Robinson the night before the Super Bowl and get arrested for trying to bag a hooker on hunts point, get bailed out only to get burnt on a Peyton manning to demaryius Thomas touchdown bomb.

Make it happen football gods.

Btw my sodium levels are rather high in case you haven't noticed.

Alex smith would've made that check down pass to Crabtree.

*shrug*
Agree to a degree. Alex would have known there was no need to force the ball into the end zone with plenty of time left in the game. But would Alex have had them in a position to win the game? We'll always wonder, I suppose...

Help me out my fellow Jersey dudes. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'm not sure what time I should leave the crib. I live in Jersey City and I plan on taking a NJ transit train to Secacus to take rail to stadium. Any advice?

Leave around 4, you'd prob make it to the stadium around 4:30/5/5:30 and from my understanding the NFL gonna have stuff set up to do to kill some time.

Last edited:
Last gameday for awhile 
tired.gif

Dan Marino wishes he had a Terrell Davis while he was around. :nerd:

Plus I didn't see anybody knocking Emmitt Smith while he was running behind the wall of China during Dallas' dynasty so why should we knock Shaun Alexander for running behind a great offensive line?

Do we knock Arian Foster for running behind a then all pro caliber left side when they were good? :nerd:

Emmitt gets knocked all the time for having such a great O line. He might have the record but you never hear people call him the greatest.

superbowl sunday. the greatest sporting event of the year. last game until september :frown: . hopefully everyone has a great one. lets go broncos! finish the season with the lombardi trophy.

Emmitt gets knocked all the time for having such a great O line. He might have the record but you never hear people call him the greatest.

This.

I even rarely here his name mentioned as one of the top tier RBs.

I think that's mostly cause people soured on him in Arizona. People's last playing images of him were pure desperation of trying to reach that record, almost at the expense of the Cardinals. I remember complete struggle of him trying to get to 100 yards in some of those games.

Last edited:
superbowl sunday. the greatest sporting event of the year. last game until september
frown.gif
. hopefully everyone has a great one. lets go broncos! finish the season with the lombardi trophy.
May the football gods be ever in our favor bro. We need to finish what we started.
pimp.gif

I think that's mostly cause people soured on him in Arizona. People's last playing images of him were pure desperation of trying to reach that record, almost at the expense of the Cardinals. I remember complete struggle of him trying to get to 100 yards in some of those games.

Bros season comes to an end after tonight this was a fun year. For me, as a ravens fan it was tough. Hope we have a competitive game this evening.

"I grabbed him, and hugged him and wouldn't let him go," Sapp said of his run-in Saturday night with Strahan. "I said, 'please forgive me. How foolish have I been."

Welp, in several hours, Denver's Lombardi trophy case will be that much closer to full. Seattle's, however, will still house dust and roaches
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom