NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
effoffnorv.gif

Slurp slurp slurp Manning. Trust me, I love me some Manning. Seriously. But Philip Rivers was the reason the Broncos beat the Chargers, not Manning. Philip Rivers was responsible for the Broncos last 4 TD's. That could have been 4 field goals instead, while Manning still gets his 3 second-half TD's. Hell, that could have been 4 punts instead, and Manning still could have gotten his 3 second-half TD's and the score would have ended at 24-21 San Diego.

Anyways, the point I'm not really trying to make but should be is that Philip Rivers is a losing QB at this point in his career (post-2011).

anyone have the gif or Vid of Darren McFadden Freight Training Thomas Decoud?

it might be hard to find because it was on a play that was called back due to holding.

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Can somebody give me a legitimate reason why ESPN has a better/more comprehensive highlight package than the NFL Network? I was watching highlights from Hawks/Pats on both networks, and they completely ignored a few Brady/Pats mistakes (the end zone INT being a major one), but ESPN showed both interceptions, plus every play of the four-and-out to end the game. Of all things, I would expect the opposite. What gives?

wanna know why everyone hates rivers? in the post game presser: "they were just poor throws, i didn't get fooled (by the coverage) out there once"

I don't get why this comment would elicit hatred? He's basically saying he ****** up and made bad throws costing them the game. He could have easily put a couple of those on Eddie Royal if he wanted to but it looks like he took the blame instead.

One of the INT he had a guy open probably for a TD and just underthrew it badly, the other was Eddie not flattening out enough or going for the ball on an option route, and the other one to Eddie on that out route was just a dumb decision as there was no way the ball was capable of being completed. None of those were possibly even scenarios where he was fooled by coverage; you're just reaching for reasons to hate.

Slurp slurp slurp Manning. Trust me, I love me some Manning. Seriously. But Philip Rivers was the reason the Broncos beat the Chargers, not Manning. Philip Rivers was responsible for the Broncos last 4 TD's. That could have been 4 field goals instead, while Manning still gets his 3 second-half TD's. Hell, that could have been 4 punts instead, and Manning still could have gotten his 3 second-half TD's and the score would have ended at 24-21 San Diego.

Anyways, the point I'm not really trying to make but should be is that Philip Rivers is a losing QB at this point in his career (post-2011).

Uhh no.

Manning turned it on and he made those drives / TDs. Doesn't matter if a rivers made the turn overs cause if manning doesn't lead this team it's a moot point.

They should check if Alex Smith was helping the giants.

I mentioned in the 49er/Giant thread one of the few places I simply wouldn't go see a game. Sad really

First time looking at the QB rankings list this year...

RGIII Completing 70% of his balls for 8.3 ypa???
sick.gif

Rodgers now with 16 TD's through 6 games completing 68% behind that OL... Where's that clown Nooera to tell me how dude was overhyped after "a couple good seasons"
roll.gif
Dudes playing below everyones expectations and getting sacked 23 times only behind Kolb whos taken like 27 and he still leads the league in TD's and QBR.  Oh and he throws 4 TD's to every 1 INT.

Unimpressed with Alex Smith's numbers... Listening to some people you woulda thought dude was killing it... 8 TD's and 4 INT's

Peyton
pimp.gif
Did he have 4 picks or 3 against the Falcons?  16 TD's already for the GOAT and only 4 picks.

Matt Ryan didnt do himself any favors on sunday numbers wise.

Peyton :pimp: Did he have 4 picks or 3 against the Falcons?  16 TD's already for the GOAT and only 4 picks.

3 against the Falcons - all in the first quarter.

Until last night, he hadn't thrown a pick outside of that quarter/game all year. :smokin

Still can't believe he's on pace for his best statistical season ever. That's my QB.

Two points of interest in the post from ProFootballTalk.com this morning. First that Ray Anderson, NFL's VP Of Football Ops will likely be demoted after the ref debacle & that football people will most likely not get executive positions in the league office anymore.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/ray-anderson-likely-is-safe/

Ray Anderson likely is safe
Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT

In the wake of the replacement official debacle, league insiders were buzzing about the possibility that NFL V.P. of football operations Ray Anderson will be fired.

Of course, folks with first-tier NFL jobs rarely are ever fired in the traditional sense. The perceived protocol entails waiting for the dust to settle so that it’s not an obvious knee-jerk response and then allowing the person to transition into a high-profile job with one of the 32 teams.

As to Anderson, who is regarded as the person who mistakenly concluded that the replacement officials would do well enough to hold down the fort during the lockout of the real officials and whose statements about the real officials has undermined in many respects his ability to lead them, a source with knowledge of the dynamics among the owners tells PFT that Anderson most likely won’t be let go.

Instead, Anderson is expected to be assigned a position with less overall responsibility, with at a minimum the officiating department moving out from under his control. Part of that change will flow from the damage done to the relationship between the league office and the officials as a result of the lockout. Part of that, as the source explained it, also will come from the fact that Anderson simply has too much under his umbrella of jurisdiction.

We also have developed the distinct impression that, as the NFL continues to grow and thrive, key management positions no longer will automatically go to “football people” who graduated from other jobs in the football business to significant jobs in the league office. Instead, the league could start looking for folks from other industries who have demonstrated the ability to handle high-paying, high-profile, high-power jobs that entail operating under a high-powered microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom