NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been happening slowly over time. Especially since they really started raking in the dough and appealing to the casual and even not-so casual fans that want points points and more points.

i hope it snow next year up here for the super bowl :pimp: :pimp:

my first super bowl in the snow :pimp: :pimp:

Can someone tell me the exact date when people started to hate football played in the elements?

The nfl has a contingency plan to move the date ahead or back if it's "bad weather"

Both skip and SAS complaining and whining about the super bowl in NY.

What the ****. When did this happen? The only time I play is in the snow. I don't get it. Strange to hear it

Nods head, grabs some bourbon and watches NFL Films

I don't like games in the elements not because of the points thing, it's just sloppy. I'm a fan of defense, but not an offense being hampered by a bad field more than the defense

Can someone tell me the exact date when people started to hate football played in the elements?

The nfl has a contingency plan to move the date ahead or back if it's "bad weather"

Both skip and SAS complaining and whining about the super bowl in NY.

What the ****. When did this happen? The only time I play is in the snow. I don't get it. Strange to hear it
tumblr_ljpaylAxtI1qfp76lo1_500.jpg

I don't know why they're complaining 49ers did fine against the Patriots. It's not as if teams that play in the cold/snow have magical powers that prevents them from playing bad in it. Patriots had like 3 fumbles and a lot of dropped passes, and the 49ers looked like they're been playing in that weather more than them. colin kaepernick played with no sleves verse GB in the playoffs 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
It's the media that are complaining the most, I wouldn't mind a snowy superbowl, I do prefer it be played in fair weather tho

I know I don't want my fav. team playing in terrible weather conditions, on the biggest stage in all of sports. Screw all that traditionalist BS, just give me a good game.

Only thing I don't like about that article is that it mentioned that some of the other top tier WR's on the market played with Hall of Fame quarterbacks, while Harvin has not come close to that. Harvin was on that 2009 team that was led by Brett Favre. He may have been in the twilight of his career, but it was his best statistical season. So he was wrong on that.

Also, he was underutilized on that team as well. I understand he was a rookie, but they also had more weapons and like I said...He fits Minnesota perfectly because they utilize him everywhere and get him the ball all the time. Get him on a team with much more weapons and that's probably not the case.

I think ur missing/discounting my point about Percy in a more dynamic offense.

Hes productive in Minny cause he gets a ton of touches. But working the slot in NE or GB his efficiency would increase. He wouldn't need 10 catches to get 100 yards. Percy is a gamebreaker in the openfield except in Minnesota. He could have a Victor Cruz breakout season numbers type season somewhere else.

Last edited:
Can't believe the media is complaining about possibly bad weather conditions & the NFL is prepping backup plans for it >D Its football, give me a blizzard in the SB for once :lol:

Only thing I don't like about that article is that it mentioned that some of the other top tier WR's on the market played with Hall of Fame quarterbacks, while Harvin has not come close to that. Harvin was on that 2009 team that was led by Brett Favre. He may have been in the twilight of his career, but it was his best statistical season. So he was wrong on that.

Also, he was underutilized on that team as well. I understand he was a rookie, but they also had more weapons and like I said...He fits Minnesota perfectly because they utilize him everywhere and get him the ball all the time. Get him on a team with much more weapons and that's probably not the case.

I think ur missing/discounting my point about Percy in a more dynamic offense.

Hes productive in Minny cause he gets a ton of touches. But working the slot in NE or GB his efficiency would increase. He wouldn't need 10 catches to get 100 yards. Percy is a gamebreaker in the openfield except in Minnesota. He could have a Victor Cruz breakout season numbers type season somewhere else.

You're probably right. The team has to be like you mentioned though...A NE or GB that spread the ball everywhere and use certain players in multiple sets and in different positions.

Well we can say one thing for sure. Percy thinks he can based on the money hes reportedly asking for...

Last edited:
Honesty.

To get paid top WR money... You have to be in that class.... Can you hold him in that class ?

Megatron
Fitz
Dre

?

Hell dudes who are gonna get paid Green and Jones....

The only one I guess I can take Percy over is Dre and that's cause he's in his 30s.... But Dre in his prime > Lamborghini Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom