NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

:wow:

Maybe teams just waiting to see if he keeps it up a few more months. That picture does look like it easily could have been a HS picture though.

It's coming up on that time when the NFL gets their season moving pretty swiftly. I'm lovin' baseball season, but I can't ignore my desire to wake up Sunday morning on watch football. :pimp:

The hate for Favre is dumb. So nitpicky. I still don't see how someone can hate a QB like Favre. Shows you how susceptible people are to media bs.

To be fair, he damaged his reputation and credibility slightly with the retiring and unretiring gimmick. He made Favre seem like he craves attention, true or not.

As a player, he's a gunslinger. Fits tight balls into narrow windows. Live and die by that philosophy, as we saw later in his career especially for Minnesota with costly INT's in the playoffs.

To be fair, he damaged his reputation and credibility slightly with the retiring and unretiring gimmick. He made Favre seem like he craves attention, true or not.

Which I think was magnified way too much by the media. It's like with everything...Those that hate the ad-nausea coverage, will soon hate the person/player....That's what was annoying to me.

A few of those times he mentioned retirement was before he went under the knife. I'm sure he felt at the time he really was done. Anyone out there who competes always gets that itch soon after not playing for a bit.

Edit: People also got annoyed with the slurpage from Madden, but to me, that has nothing to do with Favre as a player.

Last edited:

Which I think was magnified way too much by the media. It's like with everything...Those that hate the ad-nausea coverage, will soon hate the person/player....That's what was annoying to me.

A few of those times he mentioned retirement was before he went under the knife. I'm sure he felt at the time he really was done. Anyone out there who competes always gets that itch soon after not playing for a bit.

Edit: People also got annoyed with the slurpage from Madden, but to me, that has nothing to do with Favre as a player.

Always disliked Favre for how he stayed killing my team in the playoffs. But dude is the ultimate competitor and loved playing football more than anyone I've ever seen. When you love something, its hard to let go, and especially when all your teammates are pulling for you to comeback. What he did in two decades was simply amazing and he's easily top 5 QBs all time IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom