NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a cowboys fan, i still have faith in romo. granted he blew our last game for us (& has come up short in some other clutch situations), if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have even been in a position to win games last season. with a depleted defense, unreliable o-line, & no running game due to injuries, he put us in a position to win games with plenty of game winning drives & come from behind wins. there's no doubt he is an inconsistent QB & that's something that will need to get fixed in order for dallas to be a more successful team, but the cowboys in general are an inconsistent team. all of that said, i still feel he did a good job of leading this team & taking over games at the right time last year when our record could have easily been a lot worse.

Last edited:
""The coaches are toying with the idea of turning Smith  into what Tebow was supposed to be last season -- a change-of-pace quarterback (assuming he doesn't win the starting job). Smith would have a package of plays, mainly read-option runs that could exploit his speed," Cimini wrote.

Lol wat.

[font=Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]the Jets are a joke [/font]

maybe the jets are just running a little misdirection here and trying to get people to think that's how geno will be used :nerd:

Tony Romo is the Carmelo Anthony of NFL quarterbacks.

nope, i've actually seen carmelo go clutch mode and win a playoff game/series against the mavs some years ago. romo's clutch sometimes, but playoffs...

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get why people hate on Melo so much just because he has no rings. There's plenty of good players that has never won a ring. 

Dan Marino never got a ring but Trent Dilfer has one....does that make him better? 

The Marino/Dilfer, Barkley/Horry comparisons always amuse me. People truly struggle with how you evaluate or compare players and legacies. :lol:

This is why I love NT, lol. I compare two players who put up hollow stats during the regular season, and all of a sudden it turns into Marino/Dilfer.

Like, how do you even get there from what I said? :lol:

I'll ait growing up a skins fan I genuinely hate The Cowboys...

That being said I give respect when it's earned.

Dez has alot of potential just needs to get his head right.

Witten has been top 5 TE for years

Ware is a animal.

And Romo is average. He will put up stats against the lower level teams all years. But with the season on the line against playoffs teams he's failed everytime.

Example: that terrible interception he threw to Rob Jackson the last game of the season. And that was 1 of the 3 ints he threw.

He does that all the time. When the pressure gets on Elite QBs look comfortable. Say what you want about Eli but he always looks comfortable with the game on the line. He makes throws that need to be made.

Romo just looks nervous. Him and his number 1 WR aren't on the same page. And that's his fault because he's supposed to be the leader.

He just crumbles in big moments. Period

The Marino/Dilfer, Barkley/Horry comparisons always amuse me. People truly struggle with how you evaluate or compare players and legacies. :lol:

This is why I love NT, lol. I compare two players who put up hollow stats during the regular season, and all of a sudden it turns into Marino/Dilfer.

And what you said made perfect sense. Two guys that have huge fanbases that defend him to the end, even tho he leaves them hollow inside every year. :lol:

And Romo is average. He will put up stats against the lower level teams all years. But with the season on the line against playoffs teams he's failed everytime.

Example: that terrible interception he threw to Rob Jackson the last game of the season. And that was 1 of the 3 ints he threw.

He does that all the time. When the pressure gets on Elite QBs look comfortable. Say what you want about Eli but he always looks comfortable with the game on the line. He makes throws that need to be made.

Romo just looks nervous. Him and his number 1 WR aren't on the same page. And that's his fault because he's supposed to be the leader.

He just crumbles in big moments. Period

LOL. No one cares what you think chief...

You talk about Romo all the time as if you the dude writing checks.

I think we can agree it's not Romo's fault the Cowboys suck, it's their owner's fault for forgetting about the lines and trying to build from the skill positions out.

We can also agree that while his stats have been strong and he's made the team better, he has made some baffling errors in big moments.

And what you said made perfect sense. Two guys that have huge fanbases that defend him to the end, even tho he leaves them hollow inside every year. :lol:

What do you mean to the end? No one is saying he's the best qb. Just that he's not as bad as he's made out to be and that tierwise he's better than ben and eli. and whats thw worst is people say he's not clutch. 8 come behind victories. Then they say he blew the last game. Yes, but defense gave up 200 plus yards rushing amd jason hatchet extended a drive that lead to the sealing touchdown. Which is all fine but ben and eli played terrible last couple games played their team out of the playoffs and won the meaningless last game and got a pass. Wheres romo gets all those clutch victories, loses one and people only focus on that.it's inconsistent. Excuse my typos on phone

Last edited:

What do you mean to the end? No one is saying he's the best qb. Just that he's not as bad as he's made out to be and that tierwise he's better than ben and eli. and whats thw worst is people say he's not clutch. 8 come behind victories. Then they say he blew the last game. Yes, but defense gave up 200 plus yards rushing amd jason hatchet extended a drive that lead to the sealing touchdown. Which is all fine but ben and eli played terrible last couple games played their team out of the playoffs and won the meaningless last game and got a pass. Wheres romo gets all those clutch victories, loses one and people only focus on that.it's inconsistent. Excuse my typos on phone

Yes, Romo wins lots of November football games. Praise thee Allah. All those week 6 come from behind wins, great. And when it matters, where can I find him? When the game is really in doubt, December football, the chase is on, standings, seedings, etc, where I find him? Holding up an L.
And in the playoffs, when he's needed, where he at?

Better than Ben/Eli? Two dudes that have put together a total of 5 playoff runs that dwarf Romo's entire career, high school, college, or pro all added up, he can match the runs Eli has made, or the 3 trips deep into the playoffs Ben has made. And that's knowing that Ben had a terrible initial run to the Super Bowl. Still more than anything Romo has done.

It's going to happen, AGAIN, this year where the Boys fall short, and once again, this guy, that guy, some other guy, his fault, that fault, no fault, etc etc. At the end of the day, Romo will get a pass from Cowboy fans, and get railed on by opposing fans. It'll be that way til the day Romo comes thru December thru February.

BTW, Peyton Manning took a lot of crap for not winning enough before he got his one title. (in his worst playoff season of his career no less) But he did at least get one solid run. Romo don't have that to fall back on.

you just got done talking about legacies and then say ben/eli are unargubaly better because of ring/superbowls. You got it, man

you just got done talking about legacies and then say ben/eli are unargubaly better because of ring/superbowls. You got it, man

You able to read, or do I need to draw for you, how you need me to help you?

Ben, AND Eli, have EACH, had ELITE performances, on the way, to winning, a title. MULTIPLE, times.

Do you comprehend, that statement?

Tony Romo, has had, ELITE, performances, in the regular season. Multiple times.

Which, do you feel, is more important?

Now, Romo has had chances/oppurtunities to make the playoffs and do things similar, and has failed.
Romo has made the playoffs and had a chance to do things similar, failed there too.

So let me guess, you, like New York Knick fans, would like to point the finger elsewhere, RB's, coaching, Defense, luck, refs, homefield, etc, just like, Felton, Stat, refs, not enough free throws, defense, PG play, guys missed their shots, etc, etc etc. Am I right? Is this the route you wish to go?

Cuz certainly, it wouldn't have anything to do with Romo, at all, now would it?

So please, enlighten my shortsightedness. Teach me the ways of backing Tony Romo, you know, outside of being a Cowboy fan, cuz, I have yet to see a non Cowboy fan speak up for Mr Romo even one time in here. Surely a coincidence, I'm sure.

This is the same argument as always, though. It's been brought up before that romo has to do more for his team to win. And flacco,both mannings, every qb is questioned until they win. Thats how it is. Hopefully our defense sets records like ben for his two superbowls and we win one. Then we give romo thw credit and say romo > *

This is the same argument as always, though. It's been brought up before that romo has to do more for his team to win. And flacco,both mannings, every qb is questioned until they win. Thats how it is. Hopefully our defense sets records like ben for his two superbowls and we win one. Then we give romo thw credit and say romo > *

I said that, last page. Peyton went thru hell too, and got his ring during his absolute worst playoff run. :lol:

LeBron James went thru it.

The point is, Cowboy fans try to include Romo in every QB discussion, top 5's, etc and when other fanbases smirk at them and tell them to shut up, they get defensive, and pull 4th quarter in October stats out their butts and make a ruccous.

It HAS to happen in January.

And let's please not act like Romo been lonely in Dallas all these years, they've HAD talent, they just continually shoot themselves in the foot. And uh, who does the shootin? :lol:

other aspects of the team lie blocking, rb's, defense are bigger issues than romo. If youre saying that his blocking is fine and I'm just making excuses. Then you got it. Not worth arguing. You are wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom