NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
does larry get in the hall?

his number wont pop out at anyone (with  the expection of that one playoff run)

he'll be 30 before next season starts so you gotta figure he has 4-6 good years

in him

alot of the receivers that get into the hall are superbowl winners

who played for the "good ol' boys" teams

art monk's best season receiving was 1,372 and he only went over 1,300 once

he never caught more than 8 touchdowns in a year and only cracked 100 receptions

in a year once

you wanna be a hall of fame receiver the qualifications are

play for

cowboys

49ers

dolphins

steelers

packers

bears

win a ring

and play for 12 + years with average to above average stats

travesty that cris carter and tim brown aren't in. andre reed's odd man out

marvin's a borderline case, holt and bruce both no. moss and owens no-brainers. hines ward better not get close, enough overrated steeler wideouts in already

comparing receiver stats, especially accumulation stats, between upcoming guys and old-timers is going to get increasingly less helpful, different league now. hof should be about dominance as well as long term productivity

marvin harrison better get in son he's the closest weve gotten to a MVP

in that position in the last 20 years when posted 143 receptions 1,722 yards and 11 touchdowns

as a 5'11 30 year old 

travesty that cris carter and tim brown aren't in. andre reed's odd man out

marvin's a borderline case, holt and bruce both no. moss and owens no-brainers. hines ward better not get close, enough overrated steeler wideouts in already

comparing receiver stats, especially accumulation stats, between upcoming guys and old-timers is going to get increasingly less helpful, different league now. hof should be about dominance as well as long term productivity
its the good ol boys league , they like who they like

the other day on nfl.com they had a poll on who was the

better linebacker , ray lewis or lawrence taylor

i dont care how much crack he smoked

those two players arent even in the same universe

These people not getting in right away is prob more about how you can only for 5 people. It's not like baseball where you can vote for everyone. Everyone one will get in that should be at some point.

Dat interception :smh:

Also ill post some stuff later as to why AJ is a HOFer, maybe a reach at 1st ballot :lol: my bad homer came out in me :lol:

Dat interception
mean.gif

Also ill post some stuff later as to why AJ is a HOFer, maybe a reach at 1st ballot
laugh.gif
my bad homer came out in me
laugh.gif
out of all the recievers in the hall of fame theres only like 3 that even played past 93''.....thats 20 years

and only 3 names called , jerry rice,michael irvin and art monk

he's gonna have to compete with the likes of

larry fitzgerald

reggie wayne

james jones

randy moss

donald driver

terrell owens

sterling sharpe

calvin johnson

randall cobb

marvin harrison

jordy nelson

gonna be tough

Last edited:
Zero chance of first ballot.

Man the WR position is jammed up and going to get worse. Get them in!

And I thought you were going to let it go?

Also ill post some stuff later as to why AJ is a HOFer, maybe a reach at 1st ballot
laugh.gif
my bad homer came out in me
laugh.gif
how does he get in period? WR are having a hard time getting in now and you expect years down the line it will be easy

Chris carter

Tim Brown

they should be in by now and not

You got old greats that have hung it up or will hang it up

TO

Randy moss

Issac bruce

Torry holt

Marvin harrsion

Andre reed

a case can be made for all those guys to get in the HOF but not many of them have a shot

If you think Andre johnson should got in the HOF then you must also these guys should get in also

Reggie wayne

Hines ward

Irving Fryar

jimmy Smith

Rod smith

Derrick Mason

Steve Smith

Keyshawn johnson

lets not even talk about the current guys that will past him in numbers

Last edited:
Is Alfred Morris even going as a reserve? Because he is far more deserving than Doug.

"Far more deserving"? Doug Martin was second only to AP in all-purpose yards in the entire league, which was good enough for third all-time for a rookie behind Eric Dickerson and Edgerrin James. And he was 5th (1454 yards) to Morris's 2nd (1613 yards) in rushing.

andre is a "good citizen" unlike many great WRs who are prima donnas. he gets big points for that along with his career stats. again not first ballot but it is possible he gets in later on.

Last edited:
Matt Schaub might keep Andre out the way he's been playing.

Those bias dudes that vote for the HOF are gonna try to keep Moss and T.O out as long as possible. Chris Carter shoulda been in a while ago and Marvin Harrison should be a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom