NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the 9ers getting a receiver of the previous Superbowl Champs. Last year it's Manningham and now it's Boldin.

I'm not sure which deal today is worse.

I was just thinking earlier that Harvin for a first-rounder seemed really uncharacteristic of an NFL trade, and then Boldin goes for a sixth.

Who else has been traded for a first-rounder? Picks for picks is one thing, but for an already-established player? Am I blanking, or is it as rare as I'm thinking?

Annnnnnnd you said firsts. Nevermind. :lol:

Last edited:
The Harvin deal is easy tho, Seattle upped the ante to keep him out of San Fran. They paid the first round pick for that very reason, blocking a division rival.

If the 9ers weren't sniffing around, Seattle gives up a 2 or 3.

Damn, I forgot probably the worst and most prevalent one to me, too.

Roy Williams.

But Marshall has been traded for two three's and then two two's, Boldin for a three and a four and then a six today, Holmes for a five, Lloyd for a six, etc. Somehow, Williams went for a one, a three and a six, I think.

I guess my point was that it's really hard to gauge which receiver is worth what picks. All over the place.

Last edited:
Damn, I forgot probably the worst and most prevalent one to me, too.

Roy Williams.

But Marshall has been traded for two three's and then two two's, Boldin for a three and a four and then a six today, Holmes for a five, Lloyd for a six, etc. Somehow, Williams went for a one, a three and a six, I think.

I guess my point was that it's really hard to gauge which receiver is worth what picks. All over the place.

Welker a 2 and a 7, Moss a 4, then a 2.....

Could DJ Williams fit in with Cincy?
As a starter?  Not sure but he would make for excellent depth.  Can play all 3 positions and is slightly above-average in coverage.  His major knock has always been an inability to shed blocks but I don't think that would be a huge issue with their d-line.

Im still trying to find out who the 9ers have to take the top off the defense Boldin's value is the underneath stuff.

I'm not sure which deal today is worse.

I was just thinking earlier that Harvin for a first-rounder seemed really uncharacteristic of an NFL trade, and then Boldin goes for a sixth.

Who else has been traded for a first-rounder? Picks for picks is one thing, but for an already-established player? Am I blanking, or is it as rare as I'm thinking?

Seahawks traded a 1st for Deion Branch.

:smh: @ Q going to SF....as a former Card going to go play with the enemy. I know he's feels a certain way about that. Ol well it's the business.

Last edited:
:smh: @ Q going to SF....as a former Card going to go play with the enemy. I know he's feels a certain way about that. Ol well it's the business.

He goes from a superbowl winner, to arguably the best team in the league all while still getting paid....I'm sure he's all torn up about it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom