NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stat: 
The Packers had 102 return yards on two interceptions of Cutler on Sunday — 40 yards by Clay Matthews and 62 by Sam Shields. In his 10-year career, Aaron Rodgers’ 53 interceptions have been returned for a total of 356 yards — that’s 6.7 yards per pick. The longest return on a Rodgers’ interception is 42 yards — by Charles Tillman in 2011 and the Saints’ Jason David in 2008. Rodgers has thrown one pick-6 in 3,403 career pass attempts in the NFL.

So the Packers offense usually does a good job of not allowing big INT returns after a Rodgers pick...?

Am I missing something? 
I mean its largely an ambiguous stat however that and the fact that hes thrown 3 INT's in the redzone in his whole career shows he doesn't put the ball in bad spots. 

Got QB's recently that have been throwing a pick 6 every other game it seems. 
laugh.gif

I just realized the Jets are going to be so bad they’ll be able to pick Mariotta or Winston. yaaaaaaaay!!!

Clay could've returned that pick all the way though

Must've forgot to take his dose of HGH or something

yeah but till why call a penalty in the first place? the league refs aren't aware enough of the rules they have to impose their own biases into the game?

they're way too willing to call a penalty on anything. so they call the penalty, sometimes stopping the play's outcome (and many touchdowns//scoring opportunities as we've seen) and then the suits have to sort it all out

yeah but till why call a penalty in the first place? the league refs aren't aware enough of the rules they have to impose their own biases into the game?

they're way too willing to call a penalty on anything. so they call the penalty, sometimes stopping the play's outcome (and many touchdowns//scoring opportunities as we've seen) and then the suits have to sort it all out

It's not like every ref knows that Abdullah is a devout muslim.

In the moment you have to throw the flag because he technically broke a rule.

all these extra flags are just to condition us so in the future we will accept games being decided by the refs which would be one step closer to pre-determined outcomes

what i'm saying is that refs need to ease up on throwing flags for every damn thing that goes on in a game. yeah celebrations are banned now and that comes from up above, but the refs have no problem with becoming a centerpiece of the game itself

it messes up the flow, a game's potential outcome and the viewer's experience

The ref told him it was because of the slide. He agreed and said his slide was a bit much.

There was nothing crazy or incendiary about his reaction. It was just the NFL being high & mighty as usual. 

They know better than to stick to their guns on this after all their recent ****. That's why they nipped it in the bud real quick.
I read that stat 3 times and couldn't figure out what was interesting 
laugh.gif

All good Fraij
Okay, so it wasn't just me. 
laugh.gif
 I thought my brain wasn't working this morning.

Last edited:
Aaron Rodgers stans find the most obscure stats...

"He throws the most jumping TDs within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage."
"Whenever he throws an interception, the defensive player is tackled by an offensive lineman 64% of the time."
"The time in pocket for Aaron Rodgers is 3.74 seconds, which is .21 seconds higher than the league average."

Last edited:
what i'm saying is that refs need to ease up on throwing flags for every damn thing that goes on in a game. yeah celebrations are banned now and that comes from up above, but the refs have no problem with becoming a centerpiece of the game itself

it messes up the flow, a game's potential outcome and the viewer's experience

It's their job and they get evaluated every week. Blame the higher ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom