:rofl: at the guy who uploaded this videos entire channel :lol:
350x700px-LL-7a5823ac_theofficepaper.gif

50332521accc24fadf72d5c97c063bd9.gif

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Jermichael Finley's $10 million dilemma: What would you do?[/h1]
By Frank Schwab3 hours agoShutdown Corner

View gallery

Oct 20, 2013; Green Bay, WI, USA; Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley (88) celebrates a play during the first quarter against the Cleveland Browns at Lambeau Field. (Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports)

Jimmy Graham agreed to a four-year, $40 million contract  on Wednesday, at age 27.

Fellow tight end Jermichael Finley, also 27, has $10 million waiting for him. It's not $40 million, but it's enough to live comfortably the rest of his life.

All Finley has to do to collect that money is give up football. There's the rub.

Finley, who has spent his entire career with the Green Bay Packers, suffered a serious neck injury against the Cleveland Browns last year. It happened to be the final year of his contract. So he went into free agency with a neck issue that makes it hard for an NFL team to invest heavily in him.

He has a $10 million insurance policy, though. As USA Today's Tom Pelissero detailed, Finley can file a claim on Oct. 20, one year after the injury, if he hasn't played in four games by then.

Again, Finley is just 27. He is in his prime as an athlete and a healthy Finley can help many NFL teams, including the Packers. The insurance money would be great, but it's understandable that Finley isn't ready to give up football yet. It's quite a dilemma, especially considering that if he signs with a team it's unlikely to be anywhere near $10 million, with no guarantee that he'd make that much in future contracts either. And retiring from the game would be the safest thing for him, health-wise.
"Pittsburgh have showed me a couple deals, but we all know the money ain't what it's supposed to be," Finley told USA Today. "If I quit the game right now, I can take tax-free money, and that's a difficult thing that I'm going through with myself …"
Finley is working toward a return. Finley, who had two vertabrae fused after the injury, has more tests scheduled for Wednesday, USA Today said, which he can show to teams to prove his spine is healing. He was cleared in May and he told Pelissero that doctors said it's "99.9 percent" that he'd be more protected and in better shape than he was before his injury.

But nothing in football is safe, and Finley could basically retire, collect $10 million and live a comfortable life. That life, however, would be without the sport he has spent his entire life playing. A lot of work goes into building up a career like Finley has had. Money alone can't make up for giving that up at age 27.

It's a tough choice that almost anyone would struggle with. So what would you do?

Last edited:
Part of me would take the money && become an analyst/pre-game show guy. The other part of me would say **** it && take the chance on continuing my dream. I could understand either decision.

how many has he made already? at 27 years old and a history if injuries..id bounce too. Tough decision tho.

He can take $10 million straight cash which is pretty damn nice

without even investing it that is $333k a year for 30 years

Last edited:
simple decision IMO. it's a head injury. easy decision to take the money and hang em up.

even if you're in debt, you take the money and walk. that's likely enough to pay off debts and take care of your family if you can be responsible with the money going forward.

simple decision IMO. it's a head injury. easy decision to take the money and hang em up.

even if you're in debt, you take the money and walk. that's likely enough to pay off debts and take care of your family if you can be responsible with the money going forward.

I agree.

Also...Say he does play...If that were me, I would probably not be able to give 100%. I'd be playing nervous or to not get hurt to a point. For that...I'd take the $10.

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe he'd even consider any other solution. 10 mil, tax free, at 27, you have your entire life to enjoy something else.

Get into coaching, scouting, work as a team water boy, run a youth league, be an NFL ref, you can be in the game, and not in the game man.

Take the insurance, life your life upright.

Who says that tho I was so scared I wanted to die?

Hardy is a clown, he will walk at the end of this season. Orrrrrrr maybe this scares teams away and he stays and takes a big pay cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom