NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm cool with Rak being done here too.

And Polumbus is benched? :nerd: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Well, Polumbus got benched against the Titans. I'm hoping it's permanent :lol:

Our O-Line is pretty terrible. For all the **** Jerry Jones gets, at least he recognized one of their huge weaknesses and addressed it over time through the draft. Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen have been too busy trying to deflect bad PR to realize our line has been **** since 2010 :smh:

Browns QB Brian Hoyer completed 39% of his passes in Week 7 loss, the worst comp pct by any QB in a game this season (min. 15 attempts)

Zack Martin & Travis Frederick have each allowed just 4 QB hurries, 1 QB hit and 0 sacks this season.

Hard to believe Martin is only a rookie.

Last edited:
Why has Denarius Moore been just out of the rotation in Oakland?

Cause he can't run routes or catch the damn ball

Browns QB Brian Hoyer completed 39% of his passes in Week 7 loss, the worst comp pct by any QB in a game this season (min. 15 attempts)

I'm sure he's going to have a field day vs that Sorry Raiders Defense next week

Last edited:
Celebration stunt all part of the plan
Updated: October 20, 2014, 11:57 AM ET
By Jeff Legwold | ESPN.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Seems fitting that a quarterback who plans to plan would celebrate a coveted record with one, as well.

Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos' wide receivers had toyed with the idea of a game of keep-away with the ball should Manning set the NFL record for career touchdown passes Sunday night. The group even did it in Friday's practice.

Manning threw his 509th career touchdown pass -- an 8-yarder to Thomas with 3 minutes, 9 seconds remaining in the second quarter Sunday night. And as the celebration commenced at Sports Authority Field, Manning went to retrieve the ball from Thomas, who tossed it to Emmanuel Sanders, who tossed it to Wes Welker, who tossed it back to Sanders, who then tossed it to Julius Thomas before Manning got the ball.

"We were definitely rehearsing it," Sanders said. "But I didn't think we were going to do it. I ended up running up to Demaryius, who had caught the touchdown, of course, and I was like 'Let's do it ... let's just do it.' And we did it.''

For his part, Manning said following Sunday night's 42-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers he didn't believe that, although the group talked about it during the week, the receivers would actually do it in the game.

"I can't believe they actually did it,'' Manning said. "We sort of joked about it during the week ... I've lost my vertical leap, it's not there anymore, my side-to-side agility is not quite as quick, so it hurt me.

"But that was pretty funny, I enjoyed that and I'll definitely remember a lot of things about [Sunday night], but I'll definitely remember that part of it and the fact they had the guts to go ahead and go through with it.''

"He came to me and said if anybody scores the 509, that's what we should do. He said 'keep the ball away,' like hopscotch or whatever. I was like, 'cool.'"
Demaryius Thomas, on conversation with Peyton Manning at Friday's practice, "He came to me ... and said if anybody scores the 509, that's what we should do," receiver Demaryius Thomas said. "He said 'Keep the ball away,' like hopscotch or whatever. I was like, 'Cool.'"

:lol:

planned ahead? sounds very schwartz-ian...at least this was a legit reason to celebrate. what schwartz did was ridiculous

b7e49c40-589d-11e4-a58e-83495c92c51c_garypayton102014.jpeg

The Glove >

Heard that earlier that Peyton planned that... Kind of surprising, makes it lame but who cares. Dudes thrown a **** ton of TD's. 
laugh.gif

Anybody see that steelers fan waving his terrible towel in his "man cave" aka fat loser who's in his mid 30's living in his grandmoms basement cuz his parents hate him

Anybody see that steelers fan waving his terrible towel in his "man cave" aka fat loser who's in his mid 30's living in his grandmoms basement cuz his parents hate him

Whoa...it could be his mancave. It probably is. I know a few men that have their basements looking like that.

Arian, don't hurt em!!!

Last edited:
Missed tackles, long drive given up, already losing? Yep that's the new Steeler football. All that's missing are the bonehead penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom