NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope. His skill set is limited to me.

I think he is happy as hell to be out of NY; he was never really able to develop there

Foles has been pretty much terrible this year and I look at Sanchez being more mobile, better arm and his confidence is there as of now

Jury is def out but I think Sanchez looks at this as a new beginning and will shine in the role; Chip won't ask him to do more then he needs to

I think he is happy as hell to be out of NY; he was never really able to develop there

Foles has been pretty much terrible this year and I look at Sanchez being more mobile, better arm and his confidence is there as of now

Jury is def out but I think Sanchez looks at this as a new beginning and will shine in the role; Chip won't ask him to do more then he needs to
You think we win more than 4 games to finish the season?

We're 8-0 easily if Foles plays half as good as he did, last year. He's been the weak link of the offense outside of Riley Cooper.

Last edited:
Jeez, already tired of Foles? That was quick. Damn bro lol

I meant tired of him this season; he was making so many bad decisions. I want Nick Foles to succeed but week after week it was the same mistakes and nothing was changing.

he has 13 turnovers already this year

everything about the eagles offense is better than what sanchez had with the jets.. and it's not even close

coaches, Oline (now that guys are getting healthy again and/or not suspended), RBs, TEs and WRs

the 2009 (scroll down a bit for the final roster that year): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_New_York_Jets_season

2010 (ditto about scrolling down): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_New_York_Jets_season

2011: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_New_York_Jets_season

2012: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_New_York_Jets_season

Last edited:
@JJ Watt:
My bad for missing the Eagles/Texans game. Know we were supposed to do Hoboken. Swamped at work with elections, but we'll link before season's end.

Jeez, already tired of Foles? That was quick. Damn bro lol
dude has been really bad for about 80-90% of the season.. 13 turnovers already.. and then he's gotten away with his fair share of 'shoulda been' INTs

and it's not just the turnovers.. but he was just flat out missing guys.. maclin would EASILY be leading the league in yards and probably receiving TDs if foles could hit him (currently 5th in yards.. and 4th in TDs).. like this, for example (which ended up being a sack and a fumble):

Last edited:
I don't understand why he was throwing off his back foot time after time and I don't think that shoulder was right before the injury, his deep balls looked horrific and he was missing receivers all over the field

Maclin, Ertz and Sproles have made him look better than his stats with some of the great catches they have made

Sanchez will do will with Chip

i dont know if any of you heard the interview , but a reporter asked Chip how Sanchez is going to fit into his offense . to paraphrase , Chip said "i dont have an 'offense'. tell me who my quarterback is and ill build the offense around his strengths". thats the difference between Rex Ryan and Chip

Saw the sophomoric slump coming. Quite unfortunate.
How was MetLife, bro?

Great brutha. Weather was fantastic, all of us had a great time tailgating, enjoying plenty of beers. And even had the pleasure of opening the door to a porta potty that someone puked in. lol

Giants fans were respectful and there were no fights in my section :smokin

I meant tired of him this season; he was making so many bad decisions. I want Nick Foles to succeed but week after week it was the same mistakes and nothing was changing.

he has 13 turnovers already this year

I hear ya. Seeing multiple turnovers that lead to losses is not fun. You guys should be 7-1 if not 8-0. But 6-2 is not something to sneeze at. Patience.....patience. haha

dude has been really bad for about 80-90% of the season.. 13 turnovers already.. and then he's gotten away with his fair share of 'shoulda been' INTs

and it's not just the turnovers.. but he was just flat out missing guys.. maclin would EASILY be leading the league in yards and probably receiving TDs if foles could hit him (currently 5th in yards.. and 4th in TDs).. like this, for example (which ended up being a sack and a fumble):
View media item 1175407

Damn!

Yea he hasnt been playing all that hot but missing guys like that is a problem.

Is it one of those things where they finally have film on you, so you wont be as effective? :nerd:

We'll see. Honestly I think he will be alright once everything gets settled.

Chip was basically gushing over Sanchez when asked about him :lol:

"He obviously has a big-time arm, he's got an NFL arm, he's got NFL feet, he's really, really smart, he's sharp, great work ethic, very athletic. He had all the things we're looking for in a quarterback," Kelly said. "He's a hell of a quarterback and we're excited that we got him."

Damn!

Yea he hasnt been playing all that hot but missing guys like that is a problem.

Is it one of those things where they finally have film on you, so you wont be as effective?
nerd.gif

We'll see. Honestly I think he will be alright once everything gets settled.
people were trying to make that claim about people catching up to chip's offense.. but looking at the all-22 film or photos.. guys were and still are getting wide open (like shown above) and/or in space with room to run

like on that play above, dude had a clean pocket.. but he decided to role out of the pocket and into the defenders (cant remember if he rolled out left or right.. but he had couple plays where he did it in that game)

I  he still ended up with 322 and 2 TDs for the game.. but should have EASILY had 500-600 yards passing and about 4 TDs.. like there were about 5-6 images from the all-22 cameras where he just missed plays like above IN THAT GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom