NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Gonzalez is the GOAT.

Percy is interesting on that list because he can be number 1 or not on the list at all depending on how you look at it. I just know that when he's healthy, he's a top 3 FOOTBALL player in the NFL.

Percy > Cobb in everyway on the football field.

dont get me wrong Cobb is nice but Percy is just a monster when healthy.

Antonio Gates is still 6000 yards and 25 TDs behind Tony... and he's turning 34 in like two weeks.

Didn't realize that Jimmy Graham was already turning 28 this November. He'll be able to catch Gonzalez if he has 1126 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, every single year, for the next decade.

Tony's numbers are absurd. :x

Yeah I don't see how anyone can have Gates over Tony. Both got to smash on my Raiders at the peak of their careers for so many years :smh:

Last edited:
Man I'm watching this Brandon Marshall interview dude legitimately loves Jay Cutler we joke about it but Jay Cutler helped him get his life together.

Antonio Gates is still 6000 yards and 25 TDs behind Tony... and he's turning 34 in like two weeks.

Didn't realize that Jimmy Graham was already turning 28 this November. He'll be able to catch Gonzalez if he has 1126 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, every single year, for the next decade.

Tony's numbers are absurd. :x

:lol: Tony is the man. And a great blocker too.

Jimmy Graham?

Going to make a run at Gates as the GOAT.

Until Brees leaves and then he'll need to get to Indy asap. :lol:

Gates will go down as GOAT. No doubt about it :pimp:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tonygonzaleznfcchampionshipsanfranciscod4aylxz6xcpl.jpg

jimmy ain't even the best TE currently in the league. he's lucky my dude keeps getting hurt

speaking of the tight end position smh @ aaron hernandez dude was one of the biggest mismatches in the game. i HATE the pats! but i did like aaron hernandez...

Last edited:
Crazy thing is, even though Jimmy has played 12 more games than Gronk, Gronk has more TDs (granted, it's 42 to 41, but still). :x

gates might not even catch sharpe lulz. its tony, shannon, then the rest.

Tony was great, I never said he wasn't, but his numbers are moreso the 17 years of compiling.

Gates was, and is better than Tony was on the field. Gates came into the game later too, maybe if he started earlier in his career, his numbers would be closer, or if he had stayed healthier in his career (which is a credit to Tony)

On the field impact tho, Gates was a better player than Tony.

And Graham wants in on that, no idea if he'll get there. And I'm not sure if Graham will have a legit shot, having played in a passing era, and with an elite QB.

But matchup wise, Graham and Gates present more issues than Tony did, and like someone else mentioned, they practically use Graham as a slot receiver, and outside receiver, line him up in the backfield, he's just a damn joke.

Unrelated, unreal to me all 3 were basketball players.

Gronk and Aaron together was just too :x

Killing the middle of the field.

Last edited:
Tony was great, I never said he wasn't, but his numbers are moreso the 17 years of compiling.

Longevity and durability are, to me, a integral part of placing a player on the pantheon. Gates has six seasons (out of 11) in which he's played all 16 games. While he may have been better on the field, he hasn't always been on the field. Tony was INCREDIBLY reliable in that regard.

A single game? I'd probably pick Gates. A season? Tossup. Their best seasons matchup great against each other. A career? Sheeeet, give me Tony 10 times out of 10. 17 years of football, at the level he played it... unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom