NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't. They're silly if they don't think he's a HUGE upgrade from anything on the roster right now.

They haven't played a down. You can't say that. Also, the personnel isn't there to groom any of these guys. Personally I think Winston is better, but he's an idiot off the field, huge red flag. However Woody gonna Woody, so there's that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those john McKay Buc's teams :x

Some classic quotes came from those years :lol:

Last edited:
given that the raiders are probably gonna get the #1 overall pick, are yall assuming that they don't go for MM8?

I didn't. They're silly if they don't think he's a HUGE upgrade from anything on the roster right now.
They haven't played a down. You can't say that. Also, the personnel isn't there to groom any of these guys. Personally I think Winston is better, but he's an idiot off the field, huge red flag. However Woody gonna Woody, so there's that.
But I can say as passing quarterbacks both are better in college than Geno was and better than he's looked in the NFL and both are more physically gifted and athletic than he is, so what else is there to question or compare?

Maturity? Leadership? Mental toughness? Jameis has his own maturity issues, but we already know where Geno stands.

As far as Vick, I just don't want an aging Michael Vick as my team's QB for the next two years. Reach up and grab MM8 while he's available or sit and wait 3-4 years for one of the freshman or high school players coming out now because there aren't any other foreseeable top qb prospects in the near future.

Last edited:
given that the raiders are probably gonna get the #1 overall pick, are yall assuming that they don't go for MM8?
[COLOR=#red]
Best thing they can do is find a RG3 type trade.

So yes that's my assumption. Trade down some spots and pick up Cooper or Leonard Williams (paired with one of two of last years picks) then turn right around and get the other one help. Maybe a nice big DT/DE to help out Mack in the second.[/COLOR]

Not sold on either of them. The Oregon kid looks like fools gold to me TBH. Whoever it is though, they'll screw it up.

Then those Jets fans are silly. Marcus is the goods.

And you'd prefer the Jets finish 4-12 with the 6th pick or something? If you're gonna suck, might as well make sure it's to your benefit.

*Suck'a for Mariota*

The keywords "entirely" and "yet"...you must've missed it....

I didn't. They're silly if they don't yet entirely think he (or Jameis) would be a HUGE upgrade from anything on the roster right now.
half of the people on NT would be upgrades over the Jets current QBs.

Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, but NFC wise, if things hold up for the most part, is it a reach to say the 6 seed is a more attractive option then the 5 seed?

Despite their home loss yesterday to a good team, the saints are probably locked into that 4 seed unless the panthers or falcons get hot and win that division. The saints are usually a much better team in the dome as opposed to on the road.

Dallas or Philly would be the likely 3 seed, and to me, going into either of those places, especially Dallas would be a more favorable option as opposed to playing the saints in the dome.

Assuming the 1 seed is the cardinals as well, playing them on the road, would be more favorable then going to Lambeau in January, or even playing the lions in Detroit.

I'm probably thinking way too far ahead though, but I'm going to assume the saints or whoever wins the south is locked into the 4 seed, they have 3 more losses then the team who currently holds the 3 seed.

As a Jets fan I don't want to tank

Football is on 4-5 months out of the year, sue me if I want to see my squad win as much as possible

Dudes always fall in love with these hyped prospects, can't say anyone is better than another when they are playing on Saturday. Can't root for my team to lose either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudes always fall in love with these hyped prospects, can't say anyone is better than another when they are playing on Saturday. Can't root for my team to lose either.

People still fallin for that Saturday hype.

Taking a QB early is a no no.

I remember the "clown texans fan" begging for teddy to be their #1 last year.

Better off building up other positions.

@ESPNNFL: "I cried like a baby last night. And I'm not an emotional guy" - Cardinals QB Carson Palmer on tearing his ACL

Last edited:

People still fallin for that Saturday hype.

Taking a QB early is a no no.

I remember the "clown texans fan" begging for teddy to be their #1 last year.

Better off building up other positions.

Really? Luck was a bad pick than?

putting a top prospect QB on a previously 2-14 team seems to always end in disaster.

parktheCarr

He threw Moore under the bus vs New England.
Threw Homes under the bus vs San Diego.

Now our "classy" QB is throwing DMac under the bus for another of his bone headed plays.

----
Q: What happened on the pass to Khalif Barnes (left tackle)?

Carr:“On that play, that’s right where ‘D-Mac’ [Darren McFadden]’s check-down should be, so if you see my eyes are looking to the left and obviously I’m not looking at the rush, so I go to throw it, it wasn’t there. So, I felt obviously the pressure coming, tucked the ball to protect it and then all of a sudden I just saw out of the corner of my eye, this guy standing by himself, facing me, and so I obviously assumed in my head that it was ‘D-Mac’, so I turned to go throw it and in my head as soon as I threw it, I was like, ‘Please knock it down.’ That’s just one of those things. It’s happened to me in high school, it’s happened in college. It’s just one of those thing, you know where your guy’s at, you react. Everything is happening so fast. It’s just one of those things. Obviously, where we’re at right now, it just looks ugly, but it’s just one of those things that happens.”

---

The game is too fast for this kid.
He cant throw more than 5yds per play and panics when he feels the rush.

He reminds me of Matt Leinart

Carr lovers preach patience cuz Manning went 3-13 or something with many INTs but Manning was putting up a ton of passing yards. Carr lead our team to 90yds of total offense yesterday with two interceptions LOL

#parktheCarr

Start McGloin!
Start Winston!
Start Mariota!
Start Bobby Bouche!
Start Uncle Rico!

Start anyone but Carr.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom