NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already has but they can't flex TNF or MNF

WHAT? Then why the **** have they been showing some HORRIBLE games Sunday night? I hope to God we don't have to see another Steelers game Sunday night.

Am I the person here that annoyed when Sunday nights ends up being so terrible? I want to watch good football Sunday night. Is that too much to ask for?

Last edited:
WHAT? Then why the **** have they been showing some HORRIBLE games Sunday night? I hope to God we don't have to see another Steelers game Sunday night.

Am I the person here that annoyed when Sunday nights ends up being so terrible? I want to watch good football Sunday night. Is that too much to ask for?

They can't start flexing games until mid November. Its bound to be some early season duds when teams scheduled for Sunday night games off how they did last season, don't perform as expected.

Matchups like steelers ravens, and bears packers look good on paper, especially when its a rivalry and going into the season those teams were expected to compete for their division or at least a playoff spot.

I'm looking at the upcoming sunday night games though, patriots at colts, cowboys at giants, broncos at chiefs, patriots at chargers, cowboys at eagles, and Seahawks at cardinals.

Only potential dud i see is cowboys giants which still isn't al that bad. Aside from the cowboys giants game, which still being a Division game, anything can happen given the cowboys track record at times, and it being a divisional game where the lesser team is at home,?

Last edited:
They can't start flexing games until mid November. Its bound to be some early season duds when teams scheduled for Sunday night games off how they did last season, don't perform as expected.

Matchups like steelers ravens, and bears packers look good on paper, especially when its a rivalry and going into the season those teams were expected to compete for their division or at least a playoff spot.

I'm looking at the upcoming sunday night games though, patriots at colts, cowboys at giants, broncos at chiefs, patriots at chargers, cowboys at eagles, and Seahawks at cardinals.

Only potential dud i see is cowboys giants which still isn't al that bad. Aside from the cowboys giants game, which still being a Division game, anything can happen given the cowboys track record at times, and it being a divisional game where the lesser team is at home,?

Are you sure about that?

Broncos vs. Chiefs is going to be a dud

Patriots vs. Chargers is a mess waiting to happen

and Seahawks vs. Cardinals is going to be a let down with Stanton at QB

They need to flex those 3 games

Pats @ Chargers will be a good game. if it was in NE we'd probably wash them. but on the road and cross country...it'll be close

Last edited:
Broncos chiefs can potentially be for the division lead, plus its in KC, the chiefs played them close.

Patriots Chargers is in San Diego which evens things out. Patriots should be playing for home field, chargers for a playoff spot. Brady vs Rivers.

Seahawks Cardinals could possibly determine the NFC west, If the cardinals fall off hard, and are on a skid, perhaps it gets flexed though, but they were 3-1 with Stanton. Only loss was in Denver where damn near everyone loses.

Again, consider that these games were scheduled way back around April before the draft. With the exception of the giants, every team playing on Sunday night the rest of the way has a winning record as of right now. To me they did a good job. Check the schedule, for those weeks and try and find a game that for sure would be a better game.

Sneakerpro mentioned the possibility of lions patriots being the Sunday night game instead of cowboys giants for week 12. I wouldn't mind that.

And for shoes, I stand corrected, it was November in the past, just realized they changed it to week 5.

Last edited:
Even with the flexibility there are still protected games so not all can be shown

Plus everyone wants to watch the Steelers. You get to see a dominant offense or a train wreck. Never know what you are going to get

Man Steelers vs. Ravens used to be more my favorite match up outside the AFC West. Both squads need to bring that boring football back.

Why even play the games? Apparently, yall know how everything plays out beforehand. But on a serious note yes the steelers should not be on TV period.

Man Steelers vs. Ravens used to be more my favorite match up outside the AFC West. Both squads need to bring that boring football back.
Same here. It's my favorite (best?) rivalry in the NFL. I'll take Steelers vs. Ravens playing their brand of football over Peyton vs. Tom or whatever. 

But the shootouts and high scores this season from Steelers/Ravens games? I ain't with that. 
laugh.gif

The Randy Moss 30 for 30 is tonight?

And the Steelers are the Spurs of the Nfl.

Negative. The Spurs of the NFL would be the Patriots.

Pop and Belichick are the no non-sense, boring, all time great coaches.

Both organizations have a plug and play system, the individual is never above the team.

Both have won 3+ championships and been to 5+ Championships in the 2000's

Aging superstar still getting it done and driving force behind franchise success? Brady and Duncan both 37 +

The similarities between the two are actually crazy :lol:

Are you sure about that?

Broncos vs. Chiefs is going to be a dud

Patriots vs. Chargers is a mess waiting to happen

and Seahawks vs. Cardinals is going to be a let down with Stanton at QB

They need to flex those 3 games

Those all sound like good games I'm looking forward to seeing.

I used to dismiss the Spurs and Patriots comparison, but over time I've grown to accept it. I think it's sort of fair.

Hopefully the Pats can match up San Antonio's results from last season. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Why even play the games? Apparently, yall know how everything plays out beforehand. But on a serious note yes the steelers should not be on TV period.

Like blacked out entirely? No TV coverage? That makes sense...somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom