NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't cosign Adrian Peterson's actions, but it seems like the NFL bases its suspensions off of how much publicity a case gets and how upset the public is.

Seeing them botch the initial handling of this and the ray rice case and go from overly lenient punishments to overly extreme punishments off public opinion. I guess its a product of the overly politically correct world we live in these days.

Same with the lack of due process where a team, not a player is affected since the player is suspended with pay, but a team loses a key player for a significant stretch when in actuality said player may have been fully innocent all along but was guilty from the very start by the court of public opinion.

I can agree to disagree on it but that's how I see it.

Adrian Peterson should've at least pretended to show more remorse though, might not have changed anything in terms of punishment but wouldve gave him a better chance at getting reinstated.

Dudes will make a judgement on a man's whole life and character based strictly on what the media tells em. :smh:

He had actually just found out the child was in fact his shortly before the boy was killed but carry on.

The NFL is using this man as a scapegoat because they botched the ray rice ordeal, and it's disgusting.

FREE ADRIAN PETERSON

I think the majority of the judgement is coming off the current kid, which (unless I'm mistaken) isn't really under debate in terms of what happened

I agree CC, NFL is so unpredictable with their rulings, have been for years now. AP definitely could've helped his cause by at least faking remorse

Ill use ray rice as a scapegoat moreso then adrian peterson.

I don't much about Adrian Peterson good or bad outside of football aside from this isolated incident. But ray rice seems like a stand up guy who was involved in the community who had the misfortune of making a very bad mistake and getting caught on camera making that very bad mistake.

Should he have gotten more then the initial 2 game suspension? Yes.

Did he become a scapegoat and arguably get a raw deal to try to make up for roger Goodell's initial incompetence? Ill say yes to that as well.

shortly as in a few months so keep it real

ok whats your point?

you want me to see what his schedule was like those months?

more importantly it doesn't have **** to do with him playing football

Dude spanked his kid and went too far he made a mistake, lets get over it already the kids mother has and the judge didn't think he should do jail time the end, let the man play

Dudes will make a judgement on a man's whole life and character based strictly on what the media tells em. :smh:

He had actually just found out the child was in fact his shortly before the boy was killed but carry on.

The NFL is using this man as a scapegoat because they botched the ray rice ordeal, and it's disgusting.

FREE ADRIAN PETERSON

Don't even waste your time bruh. People love throwing stones in here :lol:

ok whats your point?

you want me to see what his schedule was like those months?

more importantly it doesn't have **** to do with him playing football

Dude spanked his kid and went too far he made a mistake, lets get over it already the kids mother has and the judge didn't think he should do jail time the end, let the man play

Spanked? Yeah sure...

Whipped him on the scrotum

Kid was 4

Last edited:
Yea I dont understand how AP is defended here. He beat the **** out of that child and if he wasnt who he was you folks that are defending him here, would want that guy in jail.

He deserves to be suspended for the rest of this year AT THE MINIMUM. Dude is scum.

To be honest, my beef moreso is how the NFL lets public opinion and negative publicity affect how they go about the handling of a case.

If the public didn't care this would likely be swept under the rug and that's what get to me.

What he did is deserving of a harsh punishment. It shouldn't take public outrage for the NFL to initially recognize that off the bat though.

I wouldn't be opposed to him having been able to play while he gets his due process though. However once he accepted his plea deal be suspended right away and harshly as well. Hell id have no problem if he would be suspended right away without due process as well if it were obvious he were trying to delay the court stuff until after the season.

On a side note, lets welcome Josh Brent back Sunday night :lol:

Last edited:
Spanked? Yeah sure...

Whipped him on the scrotum

Kid was 4

I'm sure he didn't intend to hit his scrotum. (I'm sure you know that as well but it doesn't fit your stance.)

Hence where i said he made a mistake and went too far.

This man does not deserve to be run out of the league for whooping his kid.

Miss me with this pretend pc ******** the NFL is full of **** they've got a team named after a damn racial slur that the owner openly refuses to change but yea lets lay the hammer down on the guy who whooped his kid.

Roger Goodell watched a tape of a 200lb man slugging his girl and didn't give a **** this isn't about doing the right thing it's about finding some fall guys.

Meanwhile dudes get accused of rape multiple times and i dont see anybody trying to run Rothlisberger out the league....

Browns released Ben Tate
nerd.gif
Come back to Houston Ben
nerd.gif
Colts.

I don't condone hitting children in any manner, but did AP actually beat the **** out of his kids? or just smack him upside his head cuz he was being bad or something? there's a difference lol haven't been following the story closely
You think someone would do this just 'once'?  Obviously AP was more comfortable about 'beating' his kid.  4 year old is just a bit too young for me.  

your opinion is bewildering. the man tenderize his 4 year old child and you think he should play? cool bro.

It has nothing to do with football tho.

He was raised that way himself, it's the kind of discipline he knows, that doesn't make it right but it doesn't make him a monster either.

Nobody involved felt like he was intending to abuse the boy including the child's mother to me that means it was a mistake and I don't think it's a mistake that warrants anymore punishment.

Dude has missed games,lost money and endorsements, had his name dragged thru the mud for weeks. When is it enough?

Dudes really feel like he shouldn't be allowed to make a living anymore?

Meanwhile... a repeat drunk driving, illegal assault rifle owning, bomb threatening reformed addict that is Aldon Smith is practicing for his team.

I'm sure he didn't intend to hit his scrotum. (I'm sure you know that as well but it doesn't fit your stance.)

Hence where i said he made a mistake and went too far.

This man does not deserve to be run out of the league for whooping his kid.

Miss me with this pretend pc ******** the NFL is full of **** they've got a team named after a damn racial slur that the owner openly refuses to change but yea lets lay the hammer down on the guy who whooped his kid.

Roger Goodell watched a tape of a 200lb man slugging his girl and didn't give a **** this isn't about doing the right thing it's about finding some fall guys.

Meanwhile dudes get accused of rape multiple times and i dont see anybody trying to run Rothlisberger out the league....
Oh right he didn't mean to hit his 4 year old kid's scrotum when he was whipping him naked with leaves in his mouth...  That's cool then.

Fail to see about how anything else you said is relevant to Adrian Peterson at all.  You know Hitler killed 6 million jews?  So AP should get off.

so because he was beaten as a child it's ok for him to tenderize his own 4 year old? we're not talking about a light patting on the back side to say hey don't do that, we're talking about a man tenderizing his flesh and blood. you don't leave welts and bruises on a child's backside. that my friends is abuse and deserves imprisoning.

Meanwhile... a repeat drunk driving, illegal assault rifle owning, bomb threatening reformed addict that is Aldon Smith is practicing for his team.
he's paid his debt 

so damn right he's practicing  PLAYING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom