NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason why people say this about Sean Taylor. He was a good player from the moment he stepped foot in the league. However, the year he got killed mid-season, you could have made an argument that he was the best FS in the NFL. It seemed like that was the year, at 24 years old, where he finally put everything together.

In comparison, no disrespect...but look at Slim (RIP). He was a great talent, but NO ONE puts him in the same type of discussions that are reserved for someone like Sean Taylor.

You can look no further than comments from coaches, his teammates, and other guys around the league. They all knew. This is why no one bats an eye when he's mentioned as someone who could have been one of, if not the best safety to play the game.
To be honest I think that is more because the pre-draft hype said he would be "the next Ronnie Lott" before he played a down.  People will hold on to that for a long time.  While he never showed that type of talent in the league, the year he led the league in interceptions (a very good, not great year) those same folks were quick to latch on to that as him finally meeting the hype.

Realistically there's no reason to think he was going to be as good as the (insane) draft hype was.  But he could have been a perennial pro-bowler for sure.

This "Other Brandon Marshall" segment on ESPN is 
roll.gif

Dude thought he was doin it by getting asked to host a Vegas party and promoters got angry when they found out it wasn't the real Brandon Marshall. He had to Google himself on his phone to prove he was an NFL player 
laugh.gif

He plays it well though, good guy

Last edited:
There is a reason why people say this about Sean Taylor. He was a good player from the moment he stepped foot in the league. However, the year he got killed mid-season, you could have made an argument that he was the best FS in the NFL. It seemed like that was the year, at 24 years old, where he finally put everything together.

In comparison, no disrespect...but look at Slim (RIP). He was a great talent, but NO ONE puts him in the same type of discussions that are reserved for someone like Sean Taylor.

You can look no further than comments from coaches, his teammates, and other guys around the league. They all knew. This is why no one bats an eye when he's mentioned as someone who could have been one of, if not the best safety to play the game.
To be honest I think that is more because the pre-draft hype said he would be "the next Ronnie Lott" before he played a down.  People will hold on to that for a long time.  While he never showed that type of talent in the league, the year he led the league in interceptions (a very good, not great year) those same folks were quick to latch on to that as him finally meeting the hype.

Realistically there's no reason to think he was going to be as good as the (insane) draft hype was.  But he could have been a perennial pro-bowler for sure.

At 24, he compared VERY well to Ronnie Lott. He was becoming a great player the season he was killed. He got better every season and was trending upwards. Like I said before, you could easily make a case, that at 24, Taylor was the best safety in the league.

I 100000% disagree with you that he never showed Ronnie Lott type of talent in the league. There were flashes from day 1, but in the '07 season, he was on another level. His last game vs. the Packers, I think he had something like 2ints. The conditions were awful due to the weather, but he dropped 3 others due to a slippery ball. That game perfectly summed up the type of season he was having, where he was giving opposing offenses fits due to being everywhere on the field. He was living up to the ballhawk reputation that he had gained when he was at Miami.

It goes on and on...he was absolutely there....on the cusp of greatness, but due to that idiot biting the hand that fed him, Taylor's life was unfairly cut short.

Last edited:
What's the best QB matchup we may potentially see in a SB this year or next.... from purely an entertainment standpoint (for fans of the team, throw out the "well I'd PREFER to play" stuff)

Rodgers vs. Brady Super Bowl
Rodgers vs. Manning Super Bowl
Rodgers vs. Luck Super Bowl

There hasn't been an elite QB matchup in the big one since Brees/Manning.

Pats-Pack game should be SNF tonight. :smh:
Should have been scheduled that way before the season. No reason in my mind for a Denver KC game to be in that slot regardless of them being division rivals.

Tired of seeing Manning and hearing his constant slurpage.

The 3:25 games have lacked anything to get excited about in recent weeks in my opinion. You hit that three-hour mark of watching football and the perfect remedy to keep pushing through is the first-ever Rodgers/Brady meeting (as starters). I love football, but after three hours you get the "I am spending a day doing this?" feeling, and the Raiders and Chargers squaring off just won't solve that issue.

2006 - Rodgers came in in relief of Favre during a blowout. Troy Brown was in the secondary, that's how long ago that was. A.R. went 4-for-12 with 32 yards.

2010 - Rodgers not available for the Packers late-season road game at Gillette. Matt Flynn starts and nearly walks out of New England a winner.

2014 - ?

Last edited:
Guy who forget to set cell phone alarm - zero carries.

Guy who was caught with a PIT teammate in car with weed four months ago - heavy workload to teach that other guy a lesson.

Guy who forget to set cell phone alarm - zero carries.

Guy who was caught with a PIT teammate in car with weed four months ago - heavy workload to teach that other guy a lesson.

In the NFL, showing up late to practice is just as bad as getting caught smoking weed :lol:

Jonas was probably celebrating his new found fame and got caught slipping .

It's all good though , both guys are probably going to get their fair share of touches today

Can't believe SF is trying to trade Harbs :lol: That organization is ******.

Great catch by Torrey Smith :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom